CyberRed - Questions!!!

DreamDeaf said:
So Juneau has grown in the last 20 years?

Slowly grow. I do remember the last time when I first visited Juneau, Alaska back in 1979 after I graduated high school - there was no Fred Meyer until around the year of 2000, I think and they built Fred Meyer nearby Juneau Airport ( not very far from each other ). The year of 2003 was the last time I saw Juneau before I moved to Haines, Alaska. I heard that people protested against buildin' Wal-mart in Juneau, because they don't want to lose RV business, if the tourists should park their RV at Wal-mart parkin' lot for free. I will learn more when I fly to Juneau after my visitation in Texas.

CR you forgot to read my post about dark outside during the day time in the winter time.

Safari said:
Yep. It's interesting facts about Alaska. I remember heard my elderly friend was formerly resident in Alaska. He liked Alaska was because of air clean fresh and also to "soften" and "smooth" skin prevents from wrinkle skin.

It's true.

I remember saw a picture of Alaska's rotating sun in morning and midnight. It looks much like the same. Wow! Nice to have a longest daylight. :) Also, if you fly over Alaska, illegal to see a moose in a forest by flying. :-/ Can you explain about this?

I don't remember seein' a moose when I flew there. I flew across the water below. There's some small planes you can go to for sightseein'. They will show you sealions, eagles, whales ( orca ), and some wild animals. Haines, Alaska has over about 4, 000 eagles.

horselover61 said:
CR you forgot to read my post about dark outside during the day time in the winter time.

I will respond. I don't forget you.

horselover61 said:
Dont forget the winter time. The day are in the dark. :D But I dont know what time the sunrise and sunset.

Ok, in winter - the sun will go down at around 3 to 3:30 pm in the afternoon. The sun will not come up until around 7 to 8 am in the mornin'.

I have heard alot of wonderful stuffs about Alaska - I am curious - What does Alaska has to offer instead of the lower 48 has?

sillycat said:
Ive heard alot about climate change/global warming is affecting Alaska now and the native Eskimos way of life. Do you see any of the weather changes now in where you live??

I will expect there's some changes in the near future. Alaska is the " last " frontier.

The way I see it as my IMO - Alaska will follow like Washington state's weather, the Washington state will follow Oregon's weather, Oregon will follow California's weather since this earth's axis shifted. I am not 100% scientist. lol Anyone knows alot about science thing can explain that part.

Last edited:
Jolie_77 said:
I have heard alot of wonderful stuffs about Alaska - I am curious - What does Alaska has to offer instead of the lower 48 has?

Lots of adventure. Ferry can take you to any city that you never went before. Most of towns in Alaska are very heritages. Most of them talk about Alaska's history and how it was founded. Skagway is the most fascinatin' place to go to. I fell in love with Skagway. Hard to describe. lol

Soo many things that the lower 48 don't have. I am a traveller myself and I know the difference in between Alaska and the lower 48. Alaska is the place where you will never finish - there's still more out there. I wasn't finished with Juneau or Haines, either. Still more to explore all the way.

I will do my best to post some pics here after I settle in Juneau in Sept.

jazzy said:
Cool

Any gold up there?

Gold ? :lol: They do sell gold at jewerly stores. But, there was a place where they used to dig. That place was down in a long time ago due to technology. I went there with a friend of mine and I found some " rust " pipes and some old " rust " machine ( very heavy - cast ) that was left in the forests. I also saw very old cement walls that was fallin' apart... it was still left in the forests as well. I even found a large eagle's feather and I use it to make a " feather " pen like in old times.

Ok, DreamDeaf --

Here's 2 links about the Birch Boy Syrups:

Birch Boy Syrups
http://www.birchboy.com/

Educational Articles about Syrups
http://www.birchboy.com/articles.html

Those links have pics of syrups and will tell you what syrups were made out of. Very interestin' articles to read. I used to buy some for myself and they tasted soo delicious. Perfect for my taste ! ( You can use them for ice cream, pancakes, coffee, and almost anythin'. ) :)

Been there done. Alaska's environment helped my stress go free. I felt different when I got there and didn't think about my work stuff and etc. I love the town of skagway. I will go back again in the near future.

Moondancer said:
Been there done. Alaska's environment helped my stress go free. I felt different when I got there and didn't think about my work stuff and etc. I love the town of skagway. I will go back again in the near future.

Yep, you did came up to see me there. You stayed with me for one week and we had a blast time ! :D

We went to that town named " Dalton ". That town is a Brewin' Co. And, we went for a ride in a small ferry ( taxi ) to visit Skagway. I love that town - it felt like I was in 1800's. :lol: Soo beautiful town with everythin'.

You are more than welcome to come up again and spend with me there. ;)

CyberRed said:
Yep, you did came up to see me there. You stayed with me for one week and we had a blast time ! :D

We went to that town named " Dalton ". That town is a Brewin' Co. And, we went for a ride in a small ferry ( taxi ) to visit Skagway. I love that town - it felt like I was in 1800's. :lol: Soo beautiful town with everythin'.

You are more than welcome to come up again and spend with me there. ;)

Yeah I remmy three of us went to the old timers photo studio with 1800's clothques to wear. It was fun!

Jolie_77 said:

I had exb who used to live in Alaska and he was telling me that if you work there and they will pay you I think $3,000 per child but it will go toward the child's future education like college. That as far as I know.

CyberRed said:
Ok, in winter - the sun will go down at around 3 to 3:30 pm in the afternoon. The sun will not come up until around 7 to 8 am in the mornin'.

Hummmmmmmm Thought the day time was so much shorter in the winter then the lower 48 states.

Yes ure right. Am I right, cybered? Heh. I'm learning more about the alaska's culture

CyberRed said:

Wow, electricly billing must be higher price in the weather? Cuz have to use light most of time?

Back