Crikey. Crocadile Hunter, Steve Irwin, Dead.

Am I insvible ?? LOL :lol: I am not trying to get you my attetion lol but I dont know if I am correct or wrong :dunno:

See mine quote down there :)

I read the news on the interent that striray barb stick was stuck in his heart then he pulled the stick out then later in few mins he is gone .. I was ahh should not pull the stick so it would be alive. But it said it is ponsionous :dunno:

Am I insvible ?? LOL :lol: I am not trying to get you my attetion lol but I dont know if I am correct or wrong :dunno:

Yes I did read your post.. keep barb in his heart until getting help had entered my mind... i dont know.. maybe it is his time.. who knows??? He will be sorely MISSED,,,

Originally Posted by DeafMonkey
Am I insvible ?? LOL I am not trying to get you my attetion lol but I dont know if I am correct or wrong

See mine quote down there

I read the news on the interent that striray barb stick was stuck in his heart then he pulled the stick out then later in few mins he is gone .. I was ahh should not pull the stick so it would be alive. But it said it is ponsionous :dunno:

Yep, he took it out, and asked his group of people he work with, to ask them to ring for a helicopter to give him a lift, at the hospital, they declared him dead at 11.00 AEDT.

Really sad to hear about him being killed by stingray... It did gave me nightmare about him got the sting by ray! R.I.P missed him on TV show..

I first heard about this news when I was working at a rib cook-off show, and was very sad to hear about the news of Steve's death, Hes was my children's fave on animal planet, we used to watch him often as we can..He will be truly missed too, and will be sad not being able to see him much anymore :(

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and his children may he rest in peace and hopefully his dreams will conitune run in the family someday

Yep, he took it out, and asked his group of people he work with, to ask them to ring for a helicopter to give him a lift, at the hospital, they declared him dead at 11.00 AEDT.

Really he did ask for helicopter to give him a lift but toolate ? :( he should not pull the stick out of his heart should let the doctors take care of it till make him alive but dang he is gone :(

Really he did ask for helicopter to give him a lift but toolate ? :( he should not pull the stick out of his heart should let the doctors take care of it till make him alive but dang he is gone :(
This man has gotten bitten by snakes and other animals, to him this was just another stick. I am sure he didn't realize it had pierced his heart and he probably didn't want the ray to inject further poison into his body. I think it was just a split second decision that cost him his life, but maybe the poison would have gotten him anyways and he would have died a more painful slower death if he hadn't. Although I don't believe he thought he would die then either. It just was a freak thing that's all.

Did you know that Steve´s Dad lost one of his arms to crocodile.?

Did you know that it´s Steve´s first to lay on crocodile. when he was 9 years old?

Did you know that Terri first met Steve when she saw him swim with crocodiles... ?

I will be back when I have anything to remember... Have you remember anything about him?

Did you know that Steve´s Dad lost one of his arms to crocodile.?

Did you know that it´s Steve´s first to lay on crocodile. when he was 9 years old?

Did you know that Terri first met Steve when she saw him swim with crocodiles... ?

I will be back when I have anything to remember... Have you remember anything about him?

WOW!! I should have learning from him when he start up on tv show which I didnt watched his show for long time just only saw on the commerical and while I change the channels but should have to watch to learning from him and know about him dang now I am starting to research about him :)

I was really sad when I heard it. Steve was my role model and a great guy who always treated animals with kindness and respect and taught us to do the same. Its sad what happen and like I said I was very sad to hear what happen but in away it could have been Gods way of saying "You've done good Steve and now its time to come home". But lets just all never forget the things he taught us about how humans and animals can live in peace.

I was really sad when I heard it. Steve was my role model and a great guy who always treated animals with kindness and respect and taught us to do the same. Its sad what happen and like I said I was very sad to hear what happen but in away it could have been Gods way of saying "You've done good Steve and now its time to come home". But lets just all never forget the things he taught us about how humans and animals can live in peace.

:gpost: Thats was a very good post, well said there :)

I'm not trying to ignore your post there hon, it just that I don't know the answer to that one....

RIP, Steve. U knew it would happen to u one of these day, unfortunely ur fated had been sealed. U knew it was too risky and it was not fair to your wife and your children to go after them and ended up being dead. I do not agree what u did with those wild animals but alot people enjoyed to watch your shows and taught alot about them. Hope your taught them lessons, not to mess around with the wildlife.

What to say about Steve Irwin? I was not very fond of him because of his quirky character; I've seen him acting all macho with guts with more or less caution doing "stupid" things like catching an crocodille or alligator by mounting on its top. I hate watching stupid people doing stupid things. The question I ponder, did he wear a diving suit (whatever it's called) it could have prevented Irwin from getting killed by a stingray? Was he wearing nothing but an oxygen tank and goggles? My sympathy goes to the Irwin family.

Leezac

obivously you havent read the news?? he was snorkeling in a shallow water. so he didnt have oxygen tank or anything like that which mean it was not very deep when the accident happened.

Death
See Wikinews article:
Crocodile Hunter's Steve Irwin dies at 44Shortly after 11:00 a.m. AEST (01:00 UTC) on 4 September 2006, Irwin was fatally pierced in the chest by a stingray barb whilst snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef, at Batt Reef, which is located off the coast of Port Douglas in Queensland. Irwin was in the area filming his own documentary, to be called The Ocean's Deadliest, but weather had stalled filming. Irwin decided to take the opportunity to film some shallow water shots for a segment in the television program his daughter Bindi was hosting,[31] when, according to his friend and colleague, John Stainton, he swam too close to one of the animals. "He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart," said Stainton, who was on board Irwin's boat the Croc One.

The events were caught on camera, and a copy of the footage was handed to the Queensland Police.[32] After reviewing the footage of the incident and speaking to the cameraman who recorded it, marine documentary filmmaker and former spearfisherman Ben Cropp speculated that the stingray "felt threatened because Steve was alongside and there was the cameraman ahead." In such a case, the stingray responds to "danger from above" by automatically flexing the serrated barb on its tail (which can measure up to 25cm in length) in an upward motion.

Cropp said Irwin had accidentally boxed in the animal. "It stopped and twisted and threw up its tail with the spike, and it caught him in the chest. It's a defensive thing. It's like being stabbed with a dirty dagger." The stinging of Irwin by the bull ray was "a one-in-a-million thing," Cropp told Time magazine. "I have swum with many rays, and I have only had one do that to me."[33]

Steve Irwin video may never been seen by public

Steve Irwin's death Monday came as a shock to many people and since then the world has mourned his loss. He died after a stingray barb punctured his chest during the filming of an underwater documentary off Australia's Queensland coast.

To some, his death came as no surprise given his risky lifestyle and how he seemed to thrive off bringing some of the world's most dangerous animals to people's homes worldwide via television.

Irwin was once questioned about what should happen if he was in a life-threatening situation while filming. Irwin told his camera crew they should continue filming "even if I am eaten by a shark or croc." He said he would be sad if no one got it on tape.

Monday's incident was caught on tape. John Stainton, Irwin's producer and friend, viewed the tape on Irwin's death before handing it over to police. "It's a very hard thing to watch because you're actually witnessing somebody die and it's terrible," Stainton said. He continued to say that the tape "shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up and spiked him here [in the chest] and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone. That was it - the cameraman had to shut down."

It now seems increasingly unlikely footage of the tragic event will ever reach the public's eyes. Stainton told CNN that the tape is presently in police custody and should be destroyed.

"It should be destroyed," Stainton said. "When that (tape) is finally released it will never see the light of day, ever.

"I actually saw it and I don't want to see it again," he said.

Arguably, Steve Irwin's contribution to world was to raise public awareness to many of the world's animals and the struggles they face. He achieved this through sometimes shocking visual media being delivered via television to millions of homes on a weekly basis. Now it seems the final shocking and tragic moments of his life may never be seen.

- Reported from Ogrish.com

I am sure it would be shown if it is about other person than Steve Irwin.

Steve Irwin's death Monday came as a shock to many people and since then the world has mourned his loss. He died after a stingray barb punctured his chest during the filming of an underwater documentary off Australia's Queensland coast.

To some, his death came as no surprise given his risky lifestyle and how he seemed to thrive off bringing some of the world's most dangerous animals to people's homes worldwide via television.

Irwin was once questioned about what should happen if he was in a life-threatening situation while filming. Irwin told his camera crew they should continue filming "even if I am eaten by a shark or croc." He said he would be sad if no one got it on tape.

Monday's incident was caught on tape. John Stainton, Irwin's producer and friend, viewed the tape on Irwin's death before handing it over to police. "It's a very hard thing to watch because you're actually witnessing somebody die and it's terrible," Stainton said. He continued to say that the tape "shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up and spiked him here [in the chest] and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone. That was it - the cameraman had to shut down."

It now seems increasingly unlikely footage of the tragic event will ever reach the public's eyes. Stainton told CNN that the tape is presently in police custody and should be destroyed.

"It should be destroyed," Stainton said. "When that (tape) is finally released it will never see the light of day, ever.

"I actually saw it and I don't want to see it again," he said.

Arguably, Steve Irwin's contribution to world was to raise public awareness to many of the world's animals and the struggles they face. He achieved this through sometimes shocking visual media being delivered via television to millions of homes on a weekly basis. Now it seems the final shocking and tragic moments of his life may never be seen.

- Reported from Ogrish.com

I am sure it would be shown if it is about other person than Steve Irwin.

You may be right, but I agree that the tape should not be shown to the world. I am opposed to that kind of voyeurism. We don't need to see someone die right before our eyes. It's bad enough that we've got the details that we do. Rarely do people die peacefully, and rarely, is it as neat and tidy as we see on TV. Death is actually pretty gruesome, and I really don't think the public needs to see what happened to him.

Back