Crikey. Crocadile Hunter, Steve Irwin, Dead.

"Croc Hunter" pulled barb out of chest before death

Steve Irwin's manager has revealed that the TV presenter managed to pull the serrated barb of a stingray from his chest before he lost consciousness and died.

The Australian naturalist's horrific demise was caught on camera, John Stainton said, and the tape has been handed to police.

He was speaking as fans across the world mourned the exuberant entertainer.

Mr Stainton told reporters that the video shows Irwin swimming above a stingray when it lashed out and speared him in the heart with its barbed tail.

"He pulled it out and the next minute he's gone," he said.

"The cameraman had to shut down. It's a very hard thing to watch because you're actually witnessing somebody die ... it's terrible."

Police said it appeared from the footage that Irwin was not provoking the stingray when it attacked him.

Hundreds of fans placed flowers outside his Australia Zoo in Queensland state and wrote messages on khaki shirts, part of Irwin's trademark uniform, as his body was flown home after Monday's freak diving accident off Australia's northeast coast.

Officials have offered Irwin's grieving family a state funeral while news of his death on the Great Barrier Reef clogged Internet news sites and ground some sites to a halt.

Telegraph | News | "Croc Hunter" pulled barb out of chest before death

It's a terrible loss to hear that happened to the world's most popular wild life explorer and I did watch some of his TV shows and honestly, I thougth he was nuts to go near such deadly animals, but he sure had alot of guts to do that. I never thought he would really be killed by any wild animals, especially a sting ray and look at what happened...he got too close to one and then *sting* went through his chest to his heart like it was a quick death. I just wish he didnt have to do that but he will be missed terribly by millions of fans around the world, and I admit I was his fan too even thou I dont watch his show that much but it's interesting to see how he gets so close to such animals like crocs and snakes all the time.

RIP

steve aka the croc hunter. :(

So, I just got a PM from a member named "Koala" telling me I insulted them for starting this thread, since I'm not from Australia. Lame. :roll:

That's not right. I agree with what Sunshine1 said. Ignore that person. Anyone who watched any of Steve Irwin's shows, or knew of him, has a right to mourne his death. It shouldn't matter whether we're Australian or not.

:roll:

hmmm no one read what I am saying? :dunno:

I did. However, I need to correct you on something.

His daughter is 8 yr old. She was born in 1998. He also has a three yr old son, and it's also been reported that Terri is pregnant with their third child. I have not heard of the pregnancy, so I don't know about that. However, I know that his two kids are 8 & 3 yrs old.

His daughter is 8 yr old. She was born in 1998. He also has a three yr old son, and it's also been reported that Terri is pregnant with their third child. I have not heard of the pregnancy, so I don't know about that. However, I know that his two kids are 8 & 3 yrs old.

yes, I know that is what AJ said that is why I wasnt pay attetion :) I mean as you see mine quote

DeafMonkey said:
I read the news on the interent that stinray barb stick was stuck in his heart then he pulled the stick out then later in few mins he is gone .. I was ahh should not pull the stick so it would be alive. But it said it is ponsionous :dunno:

He is 2 yrs old now but almost going to be 3 yrs old in Dec :)

I found out about Steve Irwin last night on Yahoo news and I thought, No man, that can't be him then I saw his picture and immediately, I knew it was him. I had always thought he might get killed by a lion or a crocolide but I was shocked to find out, a stingray ? It was sad especially when he was doing a television show for his daughter's program, I guess a school project just for her or something like that and he got stung in the heart and that has got to affect his daughter big time. I just pray she does not understand the situation at this time to spare her the grief and the pain until she is more older and able to understand more of what happened to her father. I also could see him and his wife were very much in love and I can not imagine the rolling tears and the pain and grief his mother must be going through as well as his father staying strong for the family and trying to piece together what happened on his own you know ? Mod's Edit - Comments are removed - has no relation to the topic. I mean Steve Irwin was a real man, A very tough Aussie dude. My father and I greatly enjoyed watching him and having some whiskey to watch with once in a while, most of the time we sat down to drink cold beer. Cheers to a very tough Aussie guy !!!!! :cheers:
God Bless his family during this very difficult trying times. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:

My friend from DeafChat told me she saw Steve s wife on tv last night and she was preggy.... i dont know for sure..... just wait and see...

I found out about Steve Irwin last night on Yahoo news and I thought, No man, that can't be him then I saw his picture and immediately, I knew it was him. I had always thought he might get killed by a lion or a crocolide but I was shocked to find out, a stingray ? It was sad especially when he was doing a television show for his daughter's program, I guess a school project just for her or something like that and he got stung in the heart and that has got to affect his daughter big time. I just pray she does not understand the situation at this time to spare her the grief and the pain until she is more older and able to understand more of what happened to her father. I also could see him and his wife were very much in love and I can not imagine the rolling tears and the pain and grief his mother must be going through as well as his father staying strong for the family and trying to piece together what happened on his own you know ? (Mod's Edit - comment removed - has no bearing relation to the topic I mean Steve Irwin was a real man, A very tough Aussie dude. My father and I greatly enjoyed watching him and having some whiskey to watch with once in a while, most of the time we sat down to drink cold beer. Cheers to a very tough Aussie guy !!!!! :cheers:
God Bless his family during this very difficult trying times. :angel:

I think we all admire Steve Irwin for his work (Mod's Edit ~ comments were removed due to previous post that had no relation to the topic.)

The definition of a "real man" can be debated in another thread somewhere else. It doesn't have to be hashed out here. Also, I do not intend to upset other people with what I'm about to say, but alot of what we saw was TV antics. He was a television personality, and that needs to be taken into account with how he was depicted on television. What he did was admirable. I am NOT disputing that, but jumping on a croc doesn't exactly make a man a man.

Get the point? I hope so.

Now, lets please just honor his memory and leave the other stuff alone.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh.. I think we all admire Steve Irwin for his work, but lets down the gay bashing, please.

The definition of a "real man" can be debated in another thread somewhere else. It doesn't have to be hashed out here. Also, I do not intend to upset other people with what I'm about to say, but alot of what we saw was TV antics. He was a television personality, and that needs to be taken into account with how he was depicted on television. What he did was admirable. I am NOT disputing that, but jumping on a croc doesn't exactly make a man a man.

Get the point? I hope so.

Now, lets please just honor his memory and leave the other stuff alone.

Thanks.

Yeah youre right....

Please stay on the topic which is in honor for Steve Irwin's. There's no need to take it out on other members whether they came back from being banned or not. Do refrain yourself from harboring into these actions.

Heath has not said anything wrong in this thread so far and be aware, The members who does engage into the actions will be receving warning or a temporary ban.

Please stay on the topic which is in honor for Steve Irwin's. There's no need to take it out on other members whether they came back from being banned or not. Do refrain yourself from harboring into these actions.

Heath has not said anything wrong in this thread so far and be aware, The members who does engage into the actions will be receving warning or a temporary ban.

Apparently you did not read closely! READ AGAIN!

I found out about Steve Irwin last night on Yahoo news and I thought, No man, that can't be him then I saw his picture and immediately, I knew it was him. I had always thought he might get killed by a lion or a crocolide but I was shocked to find out, a stingray ? It was sad especially when he was doing a television show for his daughter's program, I guess a school project just for her or something like that and he got stung in the heart and that has got to affect his daughter big time. I just pray she does not understand the situation at this time to spare her the grief and the pain until she is more older and able to understand more of what happened to her father. I also could see him and his wife were very much in love and I can not imagine the rolling tears and the pain and grief his mother must be going through as well as his father staying strong for the family and trying to piece together what happened on his own you know ? Mod's Edit - Comments were removed; Has no relation to the topic. I mean Steve Irwin was a real man, A very tough Aussie dude. My father and I greatly enjoyed watching him and having some whiskey to watch with once in a while, most of the time we sat down to drink cold beer. Cheers to a very tough Aussie guy !!!!!

But what Heath said in his post was wrong. That is an insult to Aussies.

I can understand that it is a dicey issue related to the gay bashing; I have reviewed the thread and made some edits to it - Comments were removed to refrain from futher unnecessary bashings, etc. Also, Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Let's tone it down and at least, if there's a problem - Do retort it in PM instead of airing it out. Thanks.

I can understand that it is a dicey issue related to the gay bashing; I have reviewed the thread and made some edits to it - Comments were removed to refrain from futher unnecessary bashings, etc. Also, Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Let's tone it down and at least, if there's a problem - Do retort it in PM instead of airing it out. Thanks.

Thank you, Jolie. You can also remove my post addressing the gay bashing since that part of the post was removed. Thanks.

:)

That's not right. I agree with what Sunshine1 said. Ignore that person. Anyone who watched any of Steve Irwin's shows, or knew of him, has a right to mourne his death. It shouldn't matter whether we're Australian or not.

:roll:

Yes I agree with you.... i feel bad for guido... he had every right to inform us about Steve when he first heard about it.... before others...

Back