Credit check for employment

How is my problem if I have no money and the hospital refuse to work out.

That's not my problem if I could play much as I afford and communicate with them, but hospital didn't cooperate so it is their problem.

The collection agency can kiss my *** if I have no money leftover.
it's your problem because you couldn't afford it and you owe them. shouldn't have gone there in the first place then.

beside.... you were a college student in DC. didn't you have a medical insurance covered by your college?

How is my problem if I have no money and the hospital refuse to work out.

That's not my problem if I could play much as I afford and communicate with them, but hospital didn't cooperate so it is their problem.

The collection agency can kiss my *** if I have no money leftover.
What about your mother's health insurance - self or family plan? In health care reform, the insurance companies are required to cover children up to 26 years old under family plan.

it's your problem because you couldn't afford it and you owe them. shouldn't have gone there in the first place then.

beside.... you were a college student in DC. didn't you have a medical insurance covered by your college?

I was in ER and required to receive medical treatment - that's not optional for me.

No, I only have private insurance - they only paid some of them due to off network coverage. I can't afford to get medical insurance at university.

What about your mother's health insurance - self or family plan? In health care reform, the insurance companies are required to cover children up to 26 years old under family plan.

Yes, under my mother's medical insurance but off network coverage is major issue for me.

I was in ER and required to receive medical treatment - that's not optional for me.

No, I only have private insurance - they only paid some of them due to off network coverage. I can't afford to get medical insurance at university.

thus.... it's your problem. you learned a very expensive lesson.

next time - know what you're getting yourself in and be prepared for it.

thus.... it's your problem.

Under your logic - without medical treatment, I die.

That was serious emergency - it was one of worst emergency ever.

If I can't afford so it is disable for hospital and collection agency so they can't magically take money to satisfy the debt.

Under your logic - without medical treatment, I die.
try not to use "under your logic" or similar. I've seen you used it many times and it's used in a wrong way.

and I've never said you shouldn't get a medical treatment.

That was serious emergency - it was one of worst emergency ever.

If I can't afford so it is disable for hospital and collection agency so they can't magically take money to satisfy the debt.
right. I understand but it's still your problem. like I said - hard lesson learned. you should prepare for next time this happens. and yes they can take your money in any way they can. the debt will be paid off regardless.

try not to use "under your logic" or similar. I've seen you used it many times and it's used in a wrong way.

right. I understand but it's still your problem. like I said - hard lesson learned. you should prepare for next time this happens. and yes they can take your money in any way they can. the debt will be paid off regardless.
Will you pay it off for him? :D

At first, you told me that I shouldn't seek medical attention if I have no money.
http://www.alldeaf.com/2190013-post161.html

It is obviously that I die.

Expensive lesson? Not much, I shouldn't put rest of medical bill on my credit card and my aunt told me that some billing office at hospitals are bad. One hospital did turn my aunt's medical bill to collection agency after she and her insurance paid in full, however the hospital made huge mistake. I have no choice if they turn to collection agency and I will tell them that I couldn't afford to pay all at once.

At first, you told me that I shouldn't seek medical attention if I have no money.
http://www.alldeaf.com/2190013-post161.html

It is obviously that I die.
I'll clarify. There are many hospitals. You should do a better research in advance so that you'll know which hospital to go that are in-network or has generous payment plan.

Expensive lesson? Not much, I shouldn't put rest of medical bill on my credit card and my aunt told me that some billing office at hospitals are bad. One hospital did turn my aunt's medical bill to collection agency after she and her insurance paid in full, however the hospital made huge mistake. I have no choice if they turn to collection agency and I will tell them that I couldn't afford to pay all at once.
yes this is an expensive lesson. if you haven't figured it out yet, well I hope you will soon. you're not a child anymore. you're an adult and if you want to be an independent adult, then you have to figure everything out yourself and be smart with money. learn how to protect yourself from expensive situations.

if you are prone to medical problems, then figure out how to protect yourself from costly medical debt. when I got laid off, I didn't ride much because how am I supposed to pay for it if I got injured? COBRA was ridiculously expensive. of course - I can always add medical coverage in my motorcycle insurance coverage but I have to save money.

it's called Fiscal Responsibility and Being Prudent.

Foxrac, why did you use a hospital off the network to begin with? Jiro has a point you know.

Just FYI, if you send a hospital a check for $10, and they take that check and deposit it, they have agreed that that is an acceptable payment, and yes you can keep paying that amount. Most of the time a payment to be acceptable it has to be a certain percentage of the bill.

Kind of off topic.....but there is a hospital in NH that has the laziest illing department in the world. They don't bill you at all, and if they do they just send one. At this hospital I had 2 children, and an MRI, with my first child they sent bill, then 2 or 3 weeks later they put it in collections, with the other birth and the MRI they just skipped the whole bill sending and put it in collections. Later, after talking to people I found this is pretty SOP for them, they did it to my brother, sister and mother. I talked to several custimers when I was working at Mobil and they did it to them too. Pretty awful wh?

I'll clarify. There are many hospitals. You should do a better research in advance so that you'll know which hospital to go that are in-network or has generous payment plan.

yes this is an expensive lesson. if you haven't figured it out yet, well I hope you will soon. you're not a child anymore. you're an adult and if you want to be an independent adult, then you have to figure everything out yourself and be smart with money. learn how to protect yourself from expensive situations.

if you are prone to medical problems, then figure out how to protect yourself from costly medical debt. when I got laid off, I didn't ride much because how am I supposed to pay for it if I got injured? COBRA was ridiculously expensive. of course - I can always add medical coverage in my motorcycle insurance coverage but I have to save money.

it's called Fiscal Responsibility and Being Prudent.

I don't disagree with you except that choosing not to ride and living with a cronic dizease are different. You cannot avoid the cronic problem. I live with a few and considering my insurance pemium just inceased $550 a month i'm going to have to reduce my coverage to somthing with a large deductable. That means less coverage and more bills. If they wont except payments i'll be in trouble myself. I do agree that it is my responsability to pay though and i do understand that they will probably want at least $50 a month.

Foxrac, why did you use a hospital off the network to begin with? Jiro has a point you know.

There are no in network hospitals in DC for my insurance.

Personally, we have now put off medical care due to money situations. I do have my Medicare so I have some coverage, but right now, hubby and kids have nothing. They will get new coverage in July. I think it will cover kids but am not sure. Even with the previous insurance hubby had for himself and the kids, we could not afford healthcare, so we didn't go unless it was an emergency. Hubby's cardiac issues were doing well, but MIL kept bugging us for more and more testing. We told her to pay the bill as his cardiologist told us, I was doing the best I could and he was healthy enough. Daughter broke her arm/elbow and we dealt with that. Got it all paid, but took a while. Hospital and sports ortho were okay with $10 a week. Son's asthma isn't as bad anymore so he's given up his inhalers and has had no problem.

If it comes down to medical care and food, I have to do food.

you're supposed to call back to hospital to discuss about a new financial plan. $10 per month? that's not gonna work.

I was just thinking that. $10 a month and like paying the minimum on credit cards, that would take FOREVER to pay off. You have to look at it from their point of view - if they let everyone pay $5 or $10 a month, they'd be out of business considering the bill. $100 a month is fair. I had an appointment with an eye doctor and got hit with a $400 bill that my insurance wouldn't cover (what a shock), I paid $100 a month, because there was no way in Hell I could pay more. They accepted that and it was paid in four months or less....that's a reasonable time frame.

BTW, Fox, aside the cold in the northeast, you'd never be able to afford to live here. True of CA, NY, Boston and most major cities, housing alone would take nearly half or all of your income. One of the reasons I live with my family....now if you stick with the south, that's a whole different matter.

Back