Credit check for employment

Oh I see, that's good. Just keep up.

For me, I will not let employers to look at my credit report due to privacy concern and I will move to California for employment after done with school.
It's easier for you to do that because you are a single person, and you don't own a house. It's harder for people with families and homes to just pick up and move.

True, but if you demonstrate that you don't give a damn by avoiding jobs that you consider "beneath you," why should anyone hire you? You have to be frugal and try to dig yourself out of the hole. There's no help like self help and employers admire people that demonstrate character. Even at the government level, if you excerise a willingness to work hard to rebuild your credit, they're more inclined to give you an opportunity than the candidate looking for a hand out.

I totally agree with that. I talked about getting laid off before and having stuff go to creditors partly because i have a medical condition with expensive drugs. Despite that i worked part time untill i got a full time job in a new industry. I stared at the bottom again and worked my way up paying off debt as i could.

I think that is partly why i took objection to the way you said it before because i did work so hard and was not buying anything i didnt need.

Well, there is logic behind it....I am not sure how often the logic is legit.

For example I knew a very good framer that was out of work. He wanted to hang Sheetrock for me because he needed money. So I took some Sheetrock jobs and hired him at $14/hr (Framers make $40/hr) .... a week later he picked up framing work and I had to find Sheetrock people.

Exactly, i'm sure it gets used as an excuse too but this is a good reason not to hire some who can find better work.

It's easier for you to do that because you are a single person, and you don't own a house. It's harder for people with families and homes to just pick up and move.

Yes, that's correct.

I won't buy house in my states or anywhere in southeastern/midwestern states.

Northeastern states are too cold for me. :ugh:

Almost all employers would understand medical bills. The fact that you paid them off despite the hit to your credit reflects well on you. With that you would actually benefit from an employer viewing your credit. Most people ignore debts after their credit is hit.

Yes, that's true about many people ignore debts and they think credit card/loan is gift, but it is NOT.

When I received medical bill from hospital - in DC and paid $10 per month but they dissatisfied with balance so they want me to pay all at once - out of $700 but I can't. I only pay much as I could afford so they turned to collection agency over unsatisfied debt, despite about made partial payment. The collector harassed me with numerous phone calls and I decided to call at&t to change the phone number at no charge. I received a letter from them that they will take legal action to force me to pay all of medical bill at once, even with little income. I decided to put rest of medical bill on my credit card - it was bad idea because of interest rate and my aunt told me that I shouldn't pay medical bill with credit card - she told me to pay so much as I could afford and she can't believe about how hospital in DC runs, however she said pay $10 per month for medical bill is normal like many patients have done. I have no issue with medical care in my state but in DC - oh my, if you only make partial payment so will turn to collection agency.

For me, next time, if they take legal action so let them to do it, however it wouldn't anything if I have limited income - just waste of money for court.

Yes, that's true about many people ignore debts and they think credit card/loan is gift, but it is NOT.

When I received medical bill from hospital - in DC and paid $10 per month but they dissatisfied with balance so they want me to pay all at once - out of $700 but I can't. I only pay much as I could afford so they turned to collection agency over unsatisfied debt, despite about made partial payment. The collector harassed me with numerous phone calls and I decided to call at&t to change the phone number at no charge. I received a letter from them that they will take legal action to force me to pay all of medical bill at once, even with little income. I decided to put rest of medical bill on my credit card - it was bad idea because of interest rate and my aunt told me that I shouldn't pay medical bill with credit card - she told me to pay so much as I could afford and she can't believe about how hospital in DC runs, however she said pay $10 per month for medical bill is normal like many patients have done. I have no issue with medical care in my state but in DC - oh my, if you only make partial payment so will turn to collection agency.

For me, next time, if they take legal action so let them to do it, however it wouldn't anything if I have limited income - just waste of money for court.
Don't you have Medicare to handle it if you live on SSI?

Don't you have Medicare to handle it if you live on SSI?

I had no Medicare, no Medicaid when I received medical treatment in DC - in 2011.

Alabama Medicaid ONLY pay medical treatment in Alabama so they won't pay for medical treatment in DC.

I didn't receive Medicare until 2012.

Yes, that's correct.

I won't buy house in my states or anywhere in southeastern/midwestern states.

Northeastern states are too cold for me. :ugh:
Are you saying that you have been turned down when you applied for a job in your state due to your bad credit?

Are you saying that you have been turned down when you applied for a job in your state due to your bad credit?

No, it is possible - you never know.

It did happened to my sister.

No, it is possible - you never know.

It did happened to my sister.
OK, when you finish college, try to get a job in your state if you love to live there. However if you want to move out of the state after college for some reasons, I want to let you know that Calif is very expensive to live in (high cost of living). Apt rental rates in CA coastal areas doubles or triples.

you're supposed to call back to hospital to discuss about a new financial plan. $10 per month? that's not gonna work.

Are you disagreeing with his mother?

uh.... did you forget this?

I am not disagreeing with his mother. in fact - I do not care what her opinion is. He owed $700. plain and simple. He should have called them up to discuss about a new financial plan. Maybe they want $20 a month. Better than having to deal with collection agency and having it shown in your credit history.

you're supposed to call back to hospital to discuss about a new financial plan. $10 per month? that's not gonna work.

I was TOO BROKE and no way to pay more than $10 after rest of expenses are taken care, including special diets.

I already explained about my hardship and the hospital didn't give damn, also they didn't accept financial plan - they want all money NOW.

uh.... did you forget this?

I am not disagreeing with his mother. in fact - I do not care what her opinion is. He owed $700. plain and simple. He should have called them up to discuss about a new financial plan. Maybe they want $20 a month. Better than having to deal with collection agency and having it shown in your credit history.

That's DC hospital problem - never had problem with hospitals in other states.

They didn't accept $20 - they want whole money now.

I was TOO BROKE and no way to pay more than $10 after rest of expenses are taken care, including special diets.

I already explained about my hardship and the hospital didn't give damn, also they didn't accept financial plan - they want all money NOW.

That's DC hospital problem - never had problem with hospitals in other states.

They didn't accept $20 - they want whole money now.

actually - it's YOUR problem. You couldn't afford it.

actually - it's YOUR problem. You couldn't afford it.

Not really, the hospital didn't accept payment plan and left me as unable to afford at all.

I HAVE NO MONEY FOR MEDICAL BILL - THERE IS NOTHING FOR HOSPITAL TO DO ANYTHING WHEN I HAVE NO MONEY.

Not really, the hospital didn't accept payment plan and left me as unable to afford at all.

I HAVE NO MONEY FOR MEDICAL BILL - THERE IS NOTHING FOR HOSPITAL TO DO ANYTHING WHEN I HAVE NO MONEY.

therefore.... it's your problem.

therefore.... it's your problem.

How is my problem if I have no money and the hospital refuse to work out.

That's not my problem if I could play much as I afford and communicate with them, but hospital didn't cooperate so it is their problem.

The collection agency can kiss my *** if I have no money leftover.

OK, when you finish college, try to get a job in your state if you love to live there. However if you want to move out of the state after college for some reasons, I want to let you know that Calif is very expensive to live in (high cost of living). Apt rental rates in CA coastal areas doubles or triples.

No, I will not stay in my state due to abysmal public transportation (because of usher syndrome) and my parent live in CA. It will be no issue for me for relocation and job opportunities.

Yes, I know about cost of living in CA is much higher than in southeastern and midwestern states - not new, though.

Back