Credit check for employment

I was just thinking that. $10 a month and like paying the minimum on credit cards, that would take FOREVER to pay off. You have to look at it from their point of view - if they let everyone pay $5 or $10 a month, they'd be out of business considering the bill. $100 a month is fair. I had an appointment with an eye doctor and got hit with a $400 bill that my insurance wouldn't cover (what a shock), I paid $100 a month, because there was no way in Hell I could pay more. They accepted that and it was paid in four months or less....that's a reasonable time frame.

BTW, Fox, aside the cold in the northeast, you'd never be able to afford to live here. True of CA, NY, Boston and most major cities, housing alone would take nearly half or all of your income. One of the reasons I live with my family....now if you stick with the south, that's a whole different matter.

Like I told to CP, I have some families, including my parent live in CA and western states.

There are some cities in southern states are expensive, especially Miami. I'm not going stuck with abysmal public transportation in southern cities (exception of Miami) because of usher syndrome and it will be not very long time for me to lose the driver license.

Like I told to CP, I have some families, including my parent live in CA and western states.

There are some cities in southern states are expensive, especially Miami. I'm not going stuck with abysmal public transportation in southern cities (exception of Miami) because of usher syndrome and it will be not very long time for me to lose the driver license.

Public transportation is a way of life for most people, myself included. Parking is nearly unheard of in Boston and trying to find parking costs an arm and a leg. It's cheaper and faster using public transportation. Given what I now pay in gas, I'd gladly use that over driving any day. I wouldn't limit yourself.

Public transportation is a way of life for most people, myself included. Parking is nearly unheard of in Boston and trying to find parking costs an arm and a leg. It's cheaper and faster using public transportation. Given what I now pay in gas, I'd gladly use that over driving any day. I wouldn't limit yourself.

No, he needs Public trans in the future due to eyesight. He is saying the service in the south is bad.

That is somewhat true. Atlanta is real good though. Dallas and Houston aren't too bad.

Yeah, public transportation in Boston and NYC is champ! Average waiting time was 5-10 mins. I don't know about now. BTW, in LA, it sucks. I never forget that the guy who moved back to Boston from LA told me that a car is a must in LA because of poor public transportation.

No, he needs Public trans in the future due to eyesight. He is saying the service in the south is bad.

That is somewhat true. Atlanta is real good though. Dallas and Houston aren't too bad.

Yes, public transportation in Atlanta is good if you live in urban area like in downtown, Buckhead, Midtown, Sandy Spring, Dunwoody and several other districts. It got much worse in suburb - just less bus stops, more walk distance and bad time schedule.

Dallas is very huge area - that why I call metroplex - good public transportation usually in urban area.

Yeah, public transportation in Boston and NYC is champ! Average waiting time was 5-10 mins.

Try longer...MBTA stands for "Might Be Tardy Again." It's especially fun during the freezing cold waiting for a train that won't be coming, followed by one with no heat or seating. Still, now that I'm losing half my salary to gas, I'd gladly use it again. I'll consider myself blessed if I can find a job in Boston again by the end of the year, which probably won't happen.

Transportation aside, and getting back to the credit checks, I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet but when you go to rent an apartment or buy a house/condo, they run a credit check. Like it or not, this is becoming a reality of life that's here to stay, job or home wise.

Yeah, public transportation in Boston and NYC is champ! Average waiting time was 5-10 mins. I don't know about now. BTW, in LA, it sucks. I never forget that the guy who moved back to Boston from LA told me that a car is a must in LA because of poor public transportation.

Yes, public transportation in LA is very complicated and very time consuming - it take 3 hours from valley area to Malibu with few transfers but driving take about a hour - depending on traffic. If you live in downtown, Hollywood, Silverlake, West LA, West Hollywood, North Hollywood, Wilshire, South LA and several districts so you will have better access + better time schedule.

If you plan to use public transportation in LA so you need research and find a place to live that is more convenient from home to work - less transfer, better time schedule.

true that. that's why I took MegaBus this time to Boston few wees ago.

Yes, public transportation in Atlanta is good if you live in urban area like in downtown, Buckhead, Midtown, Sandy Spring, Dunwoody and several other districts. It got much worse in suburb - just less bus stops, more walk distance and bad time schedule.

Dallas is very huge area - that why I call metroplex - good public transportation usually in urban area.

As with so many things it is a matter of location, location, location!

I am in a small community of three towns that run together (you need to read road signs to know when you go from one to the other with a total population of maybe 15,000 in Southern Illinois. We have not had regular bus service since the 1950's. There is currently a "call a ride" shuttle bus type service that except for very, very limited routes you have to call to schedule at least the day before or sooner! Who wants to schedule everything a day or more ahead.

Public transportation in LA is a representation of its social class. It is usually for the poorer or lower class in Los Angeles.

I think it's not comparable to put two different societies and compare their transportation based on that alone. In NY, people take the transportation for anything: work, activities, school. In LA, people take the transportation primarily due to the issue that they can't afford to buy a car or the costs of having one. A small percentage of LA transit people take it for other reasons like their work is close to the metro, or saves more time than driving, going green etc. I would think they are a minority and maybe around less than ~20-30% of the total passengers.

In other words, the other states (NJ, NY, etc) the public transportation can be the main method of transportation for all members in society. In LA, it's not true.

...Transportation aside, and getting back to the credit checks, I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet but when you go to rent an apartment or buy a house/condo, they run a credit check. Like it or not, this is becoming a reality of life that's here to stay, job or home wise.
True.

I'm 45 minutes north of atlanta and there is a bus that takes me to downtown but the catch is they only run 4 times in the morning and likewise back. There are times I couldn't wake up in time and ended up having to join the herd driving downtown. I even have to pay for parking in downtown which adds up the commute cost.

Yes it is not great hear yet, but it is improving. Dart rail is pretty big now and the TRE connect Dallas to Fort Worth.

Back