Cops kicked out of Denny's for having guns

discrimination? I don't see any discrimination going on there.

Telling them to take their guns to their car or leave is discrimination. Especially since that was not Denny's corporate policy.

Telling them to take their guns to their car or leave is discrimination. Especially since that was not Denny's corporate policy.

discrimination is a legal issue. is there anything in that situation that meets legal parameter of discrimination?

"...makes it unlawful to subject people to differential treatment based on race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy), familial status, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for military service, and mental or physical disability, perceived disability, and AIDS and HIV status."

I don't see where "gun" fits in there.

Off duty police can carry legally into federal buildings and other governmental buildings.

not talking about government buildings. just private establishments with "No Guns Allowed" policy.

not talking about government buildings. just private establishments with "No Guns Allowed" policy.
If I am correct, you cannot carry firearms into most areas of a penitentiary. They don't want the "guests" to acquire them.

No, you always say cops are above the law, cop hater.

You've got that 90% backward, Jiro sides with cops (LEO's) better than 90% of the time.

I don't necessarily agree with him here....I think this was a giant misunderstanding with a lot of but hurt people and the Manager probably was caught off guard by the whole thing. I think most people would agree that having an armed cop in their business....even when off duty, is a good thing. Plus the gun itself is much safer in the cops holster than in the cops car.

Not really discrimination; more like policy. Similar to "no shoes, no shirt" policy in reverse. Does no shoes policy discriminate against people that prefer to go barefoot? No shirt rule discriminate against men that like to show their abs?

discrimination is a legal issue. is there anything in that situation that meets legal parameter of discrimination?

"...makes it unlawful to subject people to differential treatment based on race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy), familial status, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for military service, and mental or physical disability, perceived disability, and AIDS and HIV status."

I don't see where "gun" fits in there.

I was not referring to the legal definition of discrimination! It can still be deemed discrimination just not in the legally binding sense. Just my honest and biased opinion! :cool2:

You've got that 90% backward, Jiro sides with cops (LEO's) better than 90% of the time.

I don't necessarily agree with him here....I think this was a giant misunderstanding with a lot of but hurt people and the Manager probably was caught off guard by the whole thing. I think most people would agree that having an armed cop in their business....even when off duty, is a good thing. Plus the gun itself is much safer in the cops holster than in the cops car.

In bold - you have my witness because I know him for long time.

You better reread post #72. He was talking about governmental places. I'm not really sure that a private business can tell an off duty police officer that he can't carry in his establishment. He might ask him to leave but if he doesn't know the person is a cop then he probably won't know he is carrying concealed either!

Not really discrimination; more like policy. Similar to "no shoes, no shirt" policy in reverse. Does no shoes policy discriminate against people that prefer to go barefoot? No shirt rule discriminate against men that like to show their abs?

Good point there.....

Possibly!? :giggle: Cops on duty cannot be asked to relieve themselves of their guns except in certain situations like you mentioned before (prison, jail).

Good point there.....
Bad policy on telling the LEO to leave their guns outside. Good policy to require shirts and shoes. Problem with most men is they think they look better than they really do. The no shirt, no service policy saves my appetite.

Possibly!? :giggle: Cops on duty cannot be asked to relieve themselves of their guns except in certain situations like you mentioned before (prison, jail).
Hey, I think this was a bad decision by someone at that Denny's, nothing more.

This whole thing reminds me of those fast food workers that hawk loogies into "Officer Brown's" Whopper with cheese. It certainly doesn't reflect the policy of the company. It reflects the stupidity and ignorance of individuals working there.

Back