Cops kicked out of Denny's for having guns

I would not be surprised if this Denny's restaurant will be robbed with armed bandits in near future!

If that happens, I bet since chief ordered cops not go there may cause cops to wait for the lift from chief before going there again in response to armed robbery and it may be too late for innocent victims.

Secondly, what if that complainer is actually bandits and wants cops to leave so they can rob the joint. Manager should have known better than that and they are actually put everyone at greater risk.

Foxrac is correct about non-uniform cops (detectives). They can scare the shit out of people. Their badges were exposed but are they real or fake? The only way to find out is to look at it closely. The detectives should use their judgement to conceal their guns so it won't scare the shit out of people. As for cops with uniforms, people are okay with it.

Suppose if there were some armed and dangerous criminals eating there and noticing the detectives exposing their guns and badges, they could easily kill those cops if they wanted to. Cop haters like Jiro will do anything crazy.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if this Denny's restaurant will be robbed with armed bandits in near future!

If that happens, I bet since chief ordered cops not go there may cause cops to wait for the lift from chief before going there again in response to armed robbery and it may be too late for innocent victims.

Secondly, what if that complainer is actually bandits and wants cops to leave so they can rob the joint. Manager should have known better than that and they are actually put everyone at greater risk.

Most Denny's are franchised so it was franchiser that set the policies.

You didn't read so clear, the chief banned police officers from go to eat at Denny's, but they are allowed to responding to EMERGENCY.
Belleville Police Chief Bill Clay then told his officers not to go to Denny's unless they are responding to an emergency.
http://www.digtriad.com/news/articl...-Given-Free-Food?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

You don't understand this, this is a clear an "Advertisement" and do you think criminals are dumb? When Criminals see that the place bans gun, which makes that place EASY target for crooks.

Here is an example, see photo below. When criminals see this sign, what do you think criminal would do next?

4936.jpg

Most Denny's are franchised so it was franchiser that set the policies.

You didn't read so clear, the chief banned police officers from go to eat at Denny's, but they are allowed to responding to EMERGENCY.

Cops Banned From Denny's Given Free Food, Ban Lifted | digtriad.com

You don't understand this, this is a clear an "Advertisement" and do you think criminals are dumb? When Criminals see that the place bans gun, which makes that place EASY target for crooks.

Here is an example, see photo below. When criminals see this sign, what do you think criminal would do next?

4936.jpg
:laugh2:

First - most Denny's are FRANCHISED and it was FRANCHISERS that set the gun policies, so they can allow armed citizens to eat in, or they can keep policy hidden, like most businesses don't show gun policies at front so put doubtfully about whatever guns are allowed or not, also some business owners are armed.

You must be funny about think Denny's as easy target and it is not true for all locations because of franchises.

The original policy that ordered police officers to not eat at Denny's but they are allowed (obligated) to responding to emergency.

I know, Im just pointing out that when place advertises banning gun, it makes that spot easy target for crooks.

If there is nothing showing ban, or supposedly that this Dennys didn't say anything, then no one knows. But since Dennys made so much fuss over this tripping media then do you think Criminals never watch news?

My point, it is much much safer NOT to say anything or not to advertise the ban of guns.

Photoshopped! Nice try. :lol:

First - most Denny's are FRANCHISED and it was FRANCHISERS that set the gun policies, so they can allow armed citizens to eat in, or they can keep policy hidden, like most businesses don't show gun policies at front so put doubtfully about whatever guns are allowed or not, also some business owners are armed.

You must be funny about think Denny's as easy target and it is not true for all locations because of franchises.

The original policy that ordered police officers to not eat at Denny's but they are allowed (obligated) to responding to emergency.
Whose policy?

Foxrac is correct about non-uniform cops (detectives). They can scare the shit out of people. Their badges were exposed but are they real or fake? The only way to find out is to look at it closely. The detectives should use their judgement to conceal their guns so it won't scare the shit out of people. As for cops with uniforms, people are okay with it.

Suppose if there were some armed and dangerous criminals eating there and noticing the detectives exposing their guns and badges, they could easily kill those cops if they wanted to. Cop haters like Jiro will do anything crazy.

From 2009-2011, I see Jiro as more pro-cop. :dunno:

Look at first post - Reba posted it.

From the link in Reba's original post:

Denny's policy permits law enforcement officials to carry their firearms in the restaurant

From your post #46:

The original policy that ordered police officers to not eat at Denny's

So you are wrong...but if you meant that the police chief banned the cops to go there, I think they get along now. Please read another link in Reba's post #26 for update.

sounds like... he's saying cops are above the law? I see.

He (the Chief of Police) said nothing of the sorts. The cops broke no laws. Cops are permitted to carry firearms 24/7 on and off duty. It is even generally encouraged off duty most places. Cops are never off duty wherever they go. These officers (detectives) also were displaying their badges. It was just plain wrong of the manager at Denny's and I don't blame the Chief one bit. It was an insult. What he should have done is explained to the customers that they were police officers and were and are allowed to carry their guns everywhere including Denny's. If the customers don't like it then they can leave. For goodness sake let's not disarm the police too!

it's an expression. he believes the restaurant policy doesn't apply to him even though it technically does but looking at his reaction toward this incident... it certainly felt like an arrogance.

By the way it's not the restaurants policy! Did you read the whole article?

see above.

I don't see any reason to throw a hissy fit over this. the patrons weren't comfortable about people with guns. the manager was well within his right to ask the gentlemen to either kindly leave the gun in the car or leave.

The manager was certainly not within his rights to ask them to remove their guns. Company policy clearly dictates that not the manager.

I suspect other hidden motives in the Chiefs actions. Why publicly escalate a misunderstanding with a local business?

The Chief was making a point publicly. Just as Reba says there are places that can become off limits for our own best interests. Safety mostly and sometimes public perception.

Here's a legal question.

Does a restaurant policy have the weight of a law?

:dunno:

From the link in Reba's original post:

From your post #46:

So you are wrong...but if you meant that the police chief banned the cops to go there, I think they get along now. Please read another link in Reba's post #26 for update.

You misunderstood my post.

I said POLICE DEPARTMENT made original policy that banned police officers from eat at Denny, except for emergency.

I already read all posts, including #26 so I'm not missed. :lol:

The police being nonuniform would make anyone touchy especially with the shootings. Recently. How would you handle it if you saw a bunch of rough looking guys with guns walk in? The manager is the one wo screwed this up. The police blew it out of proportion . Not every denny manager is an idiot.

I don't believe that these were a "Rough looking bunch of guys with guns"! They were detectives who generally dress in suits or casual business work attire.

Back