Cop "Not Sorry"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowley's police report - link

Transcript of 911 Call - link

Now for a game "Put Yourself in Their Shoes" with me in the shoes of Gates.

I arrive from a trip to China. I'm tired, perhaps slightly intoxicated, and I have to jimmy my own door open. Then, a police officer appears at the front door and asks to speak to me. I yell "Why, because I'm a white man in America?"

Just kidding. Only a complete moron or Harvard professor or both would do that. I say "Yes, what seems to be the problem officer?" He explains, I show him my ID, and thank him for looking over my house. He walks away and doesn't arrest me.

Gosh, that was easy.

Very aptly put, dd. Crowley did the appropriate thing and followed protocol to the letter. This isn't about race but Gates, Obama and the people who do not bother to read the police reports and transcript have either an ulterior motive to play the race card or are sorely misinformed.

In theory, the man should have been calm and rational. The cop should arrest that man if he indeed was hostile... however I get the feeling that this kinda thing happens more than it should and it really gets on black people's nerves.

According to my hubby, it is true. He got pulled over for no reason in a wealthy neighborhood for no reason a few times.

According to my hubby, it is true. He got pulled over for no reason in a wealthy neighborhood for no reason a few times.

my white Russian friend was stopped for no reason in a wealthy neighborhood too because he was strolling at like 2am. several times.

Jiro,

Darkdog has posted Crowley's police report on first page (post #2). I think it's ok to repost it, because anyone can miss it. ;)

I feel sorry for Lucia Whalen. It was a smart move that she hired her lawyer to sort this out!

my white Russian friend was stopped for no reason in a wealthy neighborhood too because he was strolling at like 2am. several times.

It was in the afternoon and he was on his way home. Just sharing what he told me. He feels he cant trust cops sometimes. My ex hubby who is Mexican felt the same way too..he got pulled over for no reason (in AZ) and had the cops ask him if he was the owner of his old red sportscar. That was back in 1990. I never had any bad experience with cops but my ex and current hubbies both did. They both told me it was due to racial profiling. I wasnt there so I cant tell them that they were wrong but I agree with Daredevel..it does happen. In this case with Crowley..who knows?

Yep, my black friend was pulled over and arrested for NO reason. Here's the kicker, he did start being hostile but only AFTER being arrested because he had no idea why he was being arrested. He took the cop to court. I guess the cop didn't expect him to have the money to hire a lawyer or the guts to take him to court because turns out that this happened with FOUR other black people but they never went to court. They either paid or spent a night in jail and never said a word. The cop obviously was fired due to a strong case aganist him. This happened in Albuquerque, NM.

Yep, my black friend was pulled over and arrested for NO reason. Here's the kicker, he did start being hostile but only AFTER being arrested because he had no idea why he was being arrested. He took the cop to court. I guess the cop didn't expect him to have the money to hire a lawyer or the guts to take him to court because turns out that this happened with FOUR other black people but they never went to court. They either paid or spent a night in jail and never said a word. The cop obviously was fired due to a strong case aganist him. This happened in Albuquerque, NM.

Oh man...I am glad the cop got fired.

that is F**ked up! what an embarrassment to those who wears the badge.

I understand that sometimes hearing a few stories make people upset at the whole group (in this case, cops), when in reality, most cops are good people and I think we all agree. However, it is just sad that it DOES happen....

Honestly, I can see why cops do racial profiling. Unfortunately, a lot of crime is done by black people, so I guess even if cops try to be objective, I think after years of seeing things over and over, they tend to start suspecting black people prematurely.

Honestly, I can see why cops do racial profiling. Unfortunately, a lot of crime is done by black people, so I guess even if cops try to be objective, I think after years of seeing things over and over, they tend to start suspecting black people prematurely.

Or do you think it is because the media isnt balanced when portraying black people? It seems like whenever black people are on the news, it is usually crime-related making it seem like a majority of them are criminals. It was the same thing in Arizona with the Mexicans being constantly portrayed in a negative light with all the gang problems. Or maybe a majority of the crimes are commited by people from these two groups? It is a shame either way.

Very aptly put, dd. Crowley did the appropriate thing and followed protocol to the letter. This isn't about race but Gates, Obama and the people who do not bother to read the police reports and transcript have either an ulterior motive to play the race card or are sorely misinformed.

Don't forget left-wing and biased media who over-glorify Obama.

asking for badge number is irrelevant if Gates' being arrested. Like I said - Crowley's primary concern was to control the situation because Gates was increasingly hostile. If Gates would just calm down and be civilized, Crowley would offer his badge number as requested. Accusing officer of being racist isn't exactly a great way to talk to officer responding to burglary call.

I understand what you're implying...

There is some things I just don't get... like for one, What I don't understand is why Officer Crowley kept telling Gates to come outside? :confused: Was it to baited Gates to leave the house to show the public what an ass this guy is in order to make an valid arrested? What makes it okay for the police to arrested someone just because someone insulted an officer, it's not in the law...

I understand that sometimes hearing a few stories make people upset at the whole group (in this case, cops), when in reality, most cops are good people and I think we all agree. However, it is just sad that it DOES happen....

A few stories does not make me think cops are all alike, I'm not a cop hater, but there are some cops out there that had acted unprofessional.

There is some things I just don't get... like for one, What I don't understand is why Officer Crowley kept telling Gates to come outside? :confused: Was it to baited Gates to leave the house to show the public what an ass this guy is in order to make an valid arrested? What makes it okay for the police to arrested someone just because someone insulted an officer, it's not in the law...

You can read Sgt. Crowley's report on Jiro's or Darkdog's post, providing the link. It also has Off. Figueroa's report.

I was reading somewhere where it says why did Sgt. Crowley ask Gates to come out of his house and speak with him? A reserve police officer from Texas writes:

"It's done so that the officer can be more certain that the person being interviewed is not being coerced to say that everything is alright. Last year in Hewitt, Texas, we went to a hostage situation. Lady would not come out of the house but kept telling us all was OK. After a couple of hours, we said if she came to the door to tell us all was OK, we would pack up and leave. She came to the door, we pulled her out, and found the hostage taker hiding in a closet with a hunting knife. Another renter had called this in, by the way.

On other occasions on domestic disturbance calls, the wife tells us she's OK and wants to stay home. We ask her to step out of the house to talk, she gets outside and asks us not to force her to go back in.

All we want to do is make sure the person being interviewed is in a safe place to tell us whether he or she really is OK or not."

Power Line - Because he's a jerk in America?

That's interesting how Gates' statement conveniently left out the part where he accused the police of racial profiling.

I personally do not see anything that the Police Officer is a racist but Gates see different than us.

Transcript of 911 Call - link

Did you read the Gates´s side of the story, I posted yesterday?

Again, here

Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. speaks out on racial profiling after his arrest by Cambridge police.

Now we have both sides of Crowley´s report and Gates´s statement.

Fact? Do you know the meaning of the word "fact?"

Are you belittle me and think I don´t know what "fact" is about?

Can you please correct me if I am mistake or not.

Where the policer officer arrested Gates?

Fact: He was arrested as he stepped out to his porch, not a public place. Correction?

Fact: He talked back to police officer in his home and on his porch. Correction?

Fact: Police Officer went in Gates´ home without permission. Correction?

You call investigating a break-in a waste of time?

Astounding.

Don´t twist my word, please.

I said the police officer choose to waste his time to treat Gates as an intruder. It is how Gates feel being unfair treat by Crowley. Crowley should have asked Gates "Are you okay"? Gates would reponsed.. Yes, I am okay, why? then police would explained Gates why... Gates would be more glad to offer him to see around in his home but Gates know it´s him who break in his own home and told him who he is and this is his home but Crowley choose to ignore him and demand his ID to prove that it´s Gates´s home. All what Crowley ordered him is "stepped out of house......" That´s how Gates feel.

Suppose it really had been a home invasion and Dr. Gates was in danger, and the police ignored the call to investigate. Can you imagine the complaints that would stir up? Then some would complain that black people don't get equal protection from crime.

The police can't win no matter what they do.

Gates did said that it´s him who break in his own home.

Would you expect Gates to admit he was wrong?

Both Crowley and Gates can say what they they wants but it´s my POV that they both were overreacted.

On the tape, no one claimed it was two black men. The woman said that she thought maybe one man was Hispanic but she couldn't tell. No one on the tape said it was two black men. That means when Crowley showed up at the house he didn't know what to expect.

Have you read Jiro´s link "TRANSCRIPT OF GATES 911 CALL" and also Police´s report as well?

Why "Cops responded to Gates's house after neighbor Lucia Whalen reported spotting "two black males with backpacks" was mentioned in Police report when a lady and 911 Operator didn´t say anything?

Freedom of speech? Political speech? You have got to be kidding! When a policeman comes to your door to investigate a possible crime, why on earth would you give him a political speech? Why not just answer his questions? The cop is there to help the resident, not get into a political debate. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard yet.

It´s not my own word but the link of Mass. law. I posted yesterday that Gates said is political speech/freedom of speech accord First Admenation. If you disagree with this then tell this to First Admendation, not me.

I bet you would get offended. Personally, I would not. I would be happy to know that my neighbors and the police are watching out for me and my property. If the police came to my door and said that someone was observed breaking into my house, I would say, "Thank you for coming--please feel free to search my house." If they asked for my ID I would gladly show it to them without any discussion. If they asked me to wait on the porch while they checked the house, I would be happy to do that. There is no way that I would feel offended.

That´s not what police officer treat Gates like that. Please ré-read Gatés´s side of his story.

I remember that I told you the story about my experience to deal with police officer a few years ago in other thread for come to my home, asking me "Are you okay"? I said... Yes, I am okay, why? He told me what my neighbor called him for saw a man at our property..... I will posted the link of my AD post later . Police did not demand the proof that I am property owner and did not treat me as an intruder. Thanks God!!!

He can complain all he wants, after he answers the police officer's questions and does what he's supposed to do. If he's just giving his "opinion and political speech" but not cooperating with the police, then he can be arrested for not cooperating and causing a disturbance. He wasn't arrested for his "opinion and political speech."

I find unfair what Gates said this to police officer but he did not violate the law accord Mass. law.

Police Officer violate the law for deny to give his name and badge number, Gates demand.

Accord the law of the links, I posted yesterday.

Are you an American lawyer?

I only make the post to follow the link of Mass. law yesterday. I thought you beleive in fact, don´t you?

The police can enter a home and question the person in the home if they have probable cause. The police did have probable cause, which was the phone call to 911.

Yes, it´s police officer´s duty to check but not treat the home owner as an intruder.

Prosecutors can drop cases for many reasons, including political reasons. Sometimes they drop a case even though the arresting officers were "right" because the case would be difficult to prosecute, or they feel the arrest experience was enough to make the point.

Actually, I only posted the link to show the reason why the charge dropped because Gates did not violate the law.

Gates' home was the scene of a possible crime; that's why the police could enter it. Police can arrest people in private places as much as public places.

Gates told police officer who he is and his home. He break in his own home. Officer should have say, thank you and left instead of treat him as an intruder.

How can Crowley commit racial profiling when he responded to a call since he was in the area? He followed protocol. As did other officers.

Gates was arrested for public disorderly outside *AFTER* he was warned to calm down. Gates followed Crowley outside, down the stairs and continued to berate him loudly. He warned him again to calm down. This was two warnings Gates received while outside by which he ignored and continued to rant and berate after Crowley. Liebling, the report is clear. The police corroboration is clear. Gates was being an asshole and nothing to do with the color of his skin. Playing the race card gets very, very old nowadays though racism does exist. In this case, racism wasn't the issue here. It was Gates' own stupidity and lack of respect. He and Obama should both apologize to Crowley.

In fact, a female Cambridge cop (who is black) says she won't vote for Obama again after the Gatesgate umbrage even though she publicly said she voted for him on camera but will not the 2nd time around. Pure classic that tells the tale on the support for Crowley by his comrades and that he is not racist. And that's coming from a male and female black cops! Indeed. It certainly tells the true story here.

CNN: Black Officers Back Up Sgt. Crowley | Verum Serum

How can Crowley commit racial profiling when he responded to a call since he was in the area? He followed protocol. As did other officers.

Gates was arrested for public disorderly outside *AFTER* he was warned to calm down. Gates followed Crowley outside, down the stairs and continued to berate him loudly. He warned him again to calm down. This was two warnings Gates received while outside by which he ignored and continued to rant and berate after Crowley. Liebling, the report is clear. The police corroboration is clear. Gates was being an asshole and nothing to do with the color of his skin. Playing the race card gets very, very old nowadays though racism does exist. In this case, racism wasn't the issue here. It was Gates' own stupidity and lack of respect. He and Obama should both apologize to Crowley.

In fact, a female Cambridge cop (who is black) says she won't vote for Obama again after the Gatesgate umbrage even though she publicly said she voted for him on camera but will not the 2nd time around. Pure classic that tells the tale on the support for Crowley by his comrades and that he is not racist. And that's coming from a male and female black cops! Indeed. It certainly tells the true story here.

CNN: Black Officers Back Up Sgt. Crowley | Verum Serum

I agreed. I clearly saw what happened from links... No good! =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back