Confession Time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it stll makes me want some, not too much though, these are RICH deserts!!

Wirelessly posted

I still love kickboxing :P

When we were in Eastern Missouri, there was an old cemetery just up the road from us. The kids and I would go and get rubbing of the tombstones and such. We also would clean up all the trash and rake the leaves and would mow it when needed. The old caretaker had died and there was no one else to do it, so for 2 years, we kept it up. We made sure to have dedicated replacements when we left. The last burial for this cemetery was in 1867, the first in 1742.

How fun for you guys! That's great that you helped keep it up for a while. Many historic cemeteries like that aren't maintained which is a shame. It's almost disrespectful to those who are buried there.

There is one cemetery near me that I believe began interring people in the late 18th century. That part of the cemetery you see many infants and children who passed.

We are fortunate to live in this day in age where we have access to top notch medical care which saves lives which would have otherwise passed.

My friend works for a family owned cemetery doing electronic data entry of files dating b back 150 years ago. She said many of the stories are fascinating. It sounds like a cool job to have.

That does sound like a cool job! Has the cemetery stayed in the one family during that time?

Information on individuals buried in a cemetery is very helpful for those who work on genealogy. Often times families will be buried together, so you'll find the date of death that eluded you for so long, or find out about another sibling or relative you weren't aware of.

In my journeys, I've decided I'm going with a dark marble headstone, and if I can afford it- a beautiful statue :)

White marble doesn't hold up over time- dark marble does and it makes it easier to read the
inscription.

No "That person should have been subjected to clubbing in certain ways where he will survive the clubbing, then thrown to the chickens to be scratched and pecked till death" wishes today! :shock:

Well. I guess it is a good day!

Nitwits been posting again?

That does sound like a cool job! Has the cemetery stayed in the one family during that time?

Information on individuals buried in a cemetery is very helpful for those who work on genealogy. Often times families will be buried together, so you'll find the date of death that eluded you for so long, or find out about another sibling or relative you weren't aware of.

In my journeys, I've decided I'm going with a dark marble headstone, and if I can afford it- a beautiful statue :)

White marble doesn't hold up over time- dark marble does and it makes it easier to read the
inscription.

I will ask her..just need to remind me.

I didnt know that about dark marble being able to hold up over time. Interesting!

I guess I should clarify- the marble itself holds up fine. It's just that the marble becomes very dirty (and difficult to clean), so it's hard to read what's inscribed. Whereas, dark marble is much easier to read, even if it is dirty.

If your friend and the cemetery are interested, they should upload their files onto findagrave.com

It's a genealogy resource which is very helpful (when you can find your ancestor).

Last edited:
I guess I should clarify- the marble itself holds up fine. It's just that the marble becomes very dirty (and difficult to clean), so it's hard to read what's inscribed. Whereas, dark marble is much easier to read, even if it is dirty.

If your friend and the cemetery are interested, they should upload their files onto findagrave.com

It's a genealogy resource which is very helpful (when you can find your ancestor).

paper and crayon.

I confess that I still haven't started my Christmas shopping yet.

Same here....only 2 gifts so far...no Christmas decorations up or even the tree, which we always did that early in December.....

Si I'm thinking to give the boys $$...and let them pick out what they want. Hoping to get the tree up next week and do some decorating...all depends upon how I feel.

I confess that I feel guilty about getting a well deserved break. My MI is taking the kids, and I to to Great Wolf Lodge. We are very excited. Especially me with home schooling, working my two job, taking the kids to activities, and getting everything ready to start school in January. I am a single mom, and need a break so why do I feel guilty?

I confess that I feel guilty about getting a well deserved break. My MI is taking the kids, and I to to Great Wolf Lodge. We are very excited. Especially me with home schooling, working my two job, taking the kids to activities, and getting everything ready to start school in January. I am a single mom, and need a break so why do I feel guilty?

With all that you are undertaking....I'd say you deserve the medal of honor!...Perhaps it's hard for you to just "relax" and let others take on the responsibility for a little while.....but anyhow, am hoping you will enjoy ur time at the Lodge.

I hope you get pampered while you are there!!! Maybe a nice seaweed wrap and a Swedish massage after??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back