Confession Time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend is HoH and sometimes I find it hard to cope... though I would never tell her!

I'm not picking on you, but why not? I think she would appreciate it if you discuss it with her.

I have been going through the pictures thread and I confess I think I could have a crush on some of the members - in a totally innocent fun sort of way of course! :giggle:

I already confess in 'Picture' thread. *Everyone* already know. :laugh2:

Why do you think I'm trolling? I came here to seek advice and learn to better handle my situation but I've been shown nothing but rudeness. My girlfriend is awesome and I do everything I can to communicate with her (just like she does with me) but it's difficult. I thought there would be other people here in the same situation but it seems to me there are just a bunch of sour people who want to join together and knock the hearing.

Some of my posts haven't even been posted because this site is arbitrary and slanted towards those who believe the deaf/HoH community should be everyone's first priority. I'll be surprised if this post gets approved because clearly no debates are allowed.

Why do you think I'm trolling? I came here to seek advice and learn to better handle my situation but I've been shown nothing but rudeness. My girlfriend is awesome and I do everything I can to communicate with her (just like she does with me) but it's difficult. I thought there would be other people here in the same situation but it seems to me there are just a bunch of sour people who want to join together and knock the hearing.

Some of my posts haven't even been posted because this site is arbitrary and slanted towards those who believe the deaf/HoH community should be everyone's first priority. I'll be surprised if this post gets approved because clearly no debates are allowed.
:laugh2:

lol. stick around you'l see debates are allowed. We even have a political forum, debate forum.

:laugh2: "..slanted towards those who believe the deaf/HoH community should be everyone's first priority?" You *DO* realize this site is called "AllDeaf?" :giggle: It is not, "Audist's Rule." Not, "Why Can't the Deaf Accommodate Hearies Better." Not, "Deaf People are Rude Because They Won't Communicate With Me." Not, "Why do Deaf insist on CC on their TVs."

:roll: Oy!! Just oy!!

lol. stick around you'l see debates are allowed. We even have a political forum, debate forum.

I've already had several posts get denied when there was nothing foul in them. I'm moving on to another site or forum where the hearing aren't ostracized.

:laugh2: "..slanted towards those who believe the deaf/HoH community should be everyone's first priority?" You *DO* realize this site is called "AllDeaf?" :giggle: It is not, "Audist's Rule." Not, "Why Can't the Deaf Accommodate Hearies Better." Not, "Deaf People are Rude Because They Won't Communicate With Me." Not, "Why do Deaf insist on CC on their TVs."

:roll: Oy!! Just oy!!

You have every right to prioritize whatever you feel is important but you make yourself and your community look selfish and rude when you act the way you do. God help any honest/innocent person that stumbles into your fortress here by accident hoping to get some advice.

You have every right to prioritize whatever you feel is important but you make yourself and your community look selfish and rude when you act the way you do. God help any honest/innocent person that stumbles into your fortress here by accident hoping to get some advice.

it makes us look rude? have you ever been on "the outside" in "normal" society? you say its hard for you to communicate sometimes with your girlfriend... think of how it is for us every day... we have been belittled, we have been excluded, we have been forced to use language that we can't even hear, people have been trying to "fix" us for centuries... (and guess what... all of that is still going on) I think we should have a place to come and express ourselves... if you wanted advice... then we can give you advice... but please don't take this as an "attack the hearie" moment, we have plenty of hearies that we like... hell some of us are even dating or married to them. If you had any real experience with the Deaf community, you would know... when someone comes in, actually looking for advice, or looking to learn, and not JUST because we are these "helpless deafies" but because they want to be a part of the community... then you would know... we are actually a (normally) nice group of people. Just get off your high horse... and maybe look around and read somethings before you make these judgements...

And you re-confirm that *your* community is alive and well with Audists.

An honest/innocent person would not jump in, with their first or second post, criticizing a Deaf woman for wanting her CC to stay on or how upsetting it is to feel "shut out" because her kids thinks it's a fun thing to do to turn it off. And they certainly WOULD NOT suggest that a Deaf woman accommodate HEARIES!!

For someone who claims to have a HoH girlfriend you need some *serious* help in the empathy department. Do not expect your relationship to last long without it.

I've already had several posts get denied when there was nothing foul in them. I'm moving on to another site or forum where the hearing aren't ostracized.

Its because you have not posted much. the first few posts are not usually posted because they have to be approved by the moderators to ensure there are not spamming on the forum.

Its instances like these that people "FEEL" that they are rejected, ostracized. At that point it is on them.

Its also the fact newbs come in slugging and we all are like "are you one hit wonder?" and just ignore you.

Feel free to join some other forum that promotes the softness of the skin.

it makes us look rude? have you ever been on "the outside" in "normal" society? you say its hard for you to communicate sometimes with your girlfriend... think of how it is for us every day... we have been belittled, we have been excluded, we have been forced to use language that we can't even hear, people have been trying to "fix" us for centuries... (and guess what... all of that is still going on) I think we should have a place to come and express ourselves... if you wanted advice... then we can give you advice... but please don't take this as an "attack the hearie" moment, we have plenty of hearies that we like... hell some of us are even dating or married to them. If you had any real experience with the Deaf community, you would know... when someone comes in, actually looking for advice, or looking to learn, and not JUST because we are these "helpless deafies" but because they want to be a part of the community... then you would know... we are actually a (normally) nice group of people. Just get off your high horse... and maybe look around and read somethings before you make these judgements...

And you re-confirm that *your* community is alive and well with Audists.

An honest/innocent person would not jump in, with their first or second post, criticizing a Deaf woman for wanting her CC to stay on or how upsetting it is to feel "shut out" because her kids thinks it's a fun thing to do to turn it off. And they certainly WOULD NOT suggest that a Deaf woman accommodate HEARIES!!

For someone who claims to have a HoH girlfriend you need some *serious* help in the empathy department. Do not expect your relationship to last long without it.

Folks... don't worry one bit. :) I got this.

:ty: for your permission to the Deaf community to allow us to prioritize what we feel is important. Wow!! :roll:

"but you make yourself and your community look selfish and rude when you act the way you do"

Right back atcha darlin. Right back atcha.

This is the first legitimate response I've received on this site so when you say "maybe look around and read before making judgement"... I did. I read everything Rebecca and others have said and made my judgement that this is not a website I want to be apart of. I was labeled a troll and dismissed immediately because I didn't agree with "Rebecca's Room" in a thread where I wasn't even allowed to reply to accusations.

Exactly! It is the hearies that come in here, guns-a-blazing, trying to *teach* us a thing or two about not being rude, when they are, in same post, trying to *FIX* us that just PISS me off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back