Comedy and actor Robin Williams died at aged 63

Just read the news....Robin hung himself with a belt...also had cut his wrists...

So sad....

Robin Williams apparently hanged himself

Actor found dead Monday

The tributes to Robin Williams flow from around the world as stunned friends and family search for answers about why the comic legend would take his own life.

Investigators believe Williams, 63, used a belt to hang himself from a bedroom door sometime between late Sunday and when his personal assistant found him just before noon Monday, according to Marin County Assistant Deputy Chief Coroner Lt. Keith Boyd.

The coroner's investigation "revealed he had been seeking treatment for depression," Boyd told reporters.

"He has been battling severe depression of late," his media representative, Mara Buxbaum, told CNN on Monday. "This is a tragic and sudden loss."

The autopsy completed Tuesday morning showed "no indication of a struggle or physical altercation," which was consistent with the death being a suicide, Boyd said.

A personal assistant found Williams "slightly suspended in a seated position" with a belt around his neck, he said.

A personal assistant found Williams "slightly suspended in a seated position" with a belt around his neck, he said.

Williams' left wrist had cuts when he was found dead in a bedroom at his home, Boyd said. A pocket knife was found near his body, and a red material consistent with dried blood was found on the knife, Boyd said. He said tests will be conducted to determine whether the substance is blood.

Williams was last seen alive at about 10:30 p.m. Sunday, by his wife, when she went to bed, Boyd said. He apparently went into a bedroom at an unknown time after that, and his wife left the home at about 10:30 a.m. Monday, believing him to be asleep.

Williams' personal assistant, concerned because he wasn't responding to knocks on his door, entered the room and found him dead at about 11:45 a.m., Boyd said.

The actor made at least two trips to rehab for drug treatment, including a visit this summer, and he underwent heart surgery in 2009.

Williams married graphic designer Susan Schneider in a Napa Valley, California, ceremony in October 2011.

"I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and

"I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken," Schneider said.

"As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."

"Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between," President Barack Obama said in a statement. "But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien -- but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit. He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most -- from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalized on our own streets."

Williams on laughter in Heaven

Once on the TV program "Inside the Actors Studio," Robin Williams was asked, "If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?"

After a joke about a concert including Mozart and Elvis, he added, "to know that there's laughter."

On Tuesday, the morning after Williams' death shocked the entertainment industry and his fans around the world, someone who knew him well described the man behind the legend.

"There had to be two people in the room" with him, his friend Bob Zmuda told CNN's "New Day." "Then you were an audience, and then he came alive."

But one-on-one, Zmuda said, Williams "had no social skills. He couldn't handle it... I knew this man for 35 years and yet it was like I was in an elevator with a stranger."

Robin Williams apparently hanged himself | Entertainment - Home

My Google+ page had this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQrVf71NjyQ]RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014) Tribute - Best Movie Moments - YouTube[/ame]

Very unfortunate, he didn't have to leave this way. RIP Robin Williams.
No he didn't but I'm sure he probably felt a giant amount of despair...there's a black hole when you have severe depression. You don't know what to do with it...even with the best therapists/counselors around (if he had access to such) it is a HUGE challenge to deal with it.

I saw the news when I read my twitter feed (yes finally joined the evil thing)... Marlee Matlin was very upset to hear of his death.

The world is a little dimmer now without Robin Williams but I do hope that he finds peace. I don't know what's after death if there is anything but if there is I hope there's no pain.

I hope the media will leave his family ALONE

10531219_861380800568753_4156863603878615976_o.png

While he was in depression, just maybe he does not like the change as he was getting older. Everything change around us in the 21st Century with the new technologies. It is really uncomfortable to have to go through.

That is my opinion. Rest In Peace, Robin Williams. May you walk into the long journey to the Spirit World and find peace and happiness. I miss you as I am your fan. I love to watch his movies so much. He is an inspiration to make us laugh and be happy. :(

If memory serves, I seem to recall a number of comic notables over the years suffering from depression or something akin to that; the irony being that they were the ones who made us laugh......

If memory serves, I seem to recall a number of comic notables over the years suffering from depression or something akin to that; the irony being that they were the ones who made us laugh......

yea. it seems that they give so much and takes so little. eventually... they run out of steam. that's how I feel sometimes. sometimes... I shut off the world and become a recluse for a long while. the longest I went was 1 year. last time was.... 3 months.

Last edited:
While he was in depression, just maybe he does not like the change as he was getting older. Everything change around us in the 21st Century with the new technologies. It is really uncomfortable to have to go through.

That is my opinion. Rest In Peace, Robin Williams. May you walk into the long journey to the Spirit World and find peace and happiness. I miss you as I am your fan. I love to watch his movies so much. He is an inspiration to make us laugh and be happy. :(

I really don't think the new technologies had anything to do with his death , he worked with all kind of technologies making his movies. He had an heart attack recently and that can made a person depress and we know he that he had depression and drugs and alcohol addiction . We do not know what else was going on in his life and personally I feel it was none of our business how he killed himself. I was stocked this was release to the public so soon .

I really don't think the new technologies had anything to do with his death , he worked with all kind of technologies making his movies. He had an heart attack recently and that can made a person depress and we know he that he had depression and drugs and alcohol addiction . We do not know what else was going on in his life and personally I feel it was none of our business how he killed himself. I was stocked this was release to the public so soon .

Well the story I read recently states he was forced to take a TV role ( forgot the name, with Michelle gellar) and it was canceled after the first season. He wasnt happy with it either. So he wasnt landing bigger roles on the big screen.

Well the story I read recently states he was forced to take a TV role ( forgot the name, with Michelle gellar) and it was canceled after the first season. He wasnt happy with it either. So he wasnt landing bigger roles on the big screen.
Forced to take the job?

BTW, he just finished two new movies "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb" and "Merry Frigging Christmas" this year. Before that, he played as "The Angriest Man in Brooklyn". A rumor is that he was offered the same role for Mrs. Doubtfire part 2 before his death.

Back