Cochlear Implants Decrease Your IQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*** sigh***

I'm done dealing with Volcom...

Volcom, word of advice...

Listen to Neecy. She gave you good advice.

Now, I'm exiting this thread, so I don't continue feeling like I've just sprained my brain for the millionth time.

Good day, all.

I know oceanbreeze. You are very understanding person. Nothing is better than you. :)

I know oceanbreeze. You are very understanding person. Nothing is better than you. :)

Actually, no, I'm not. Not when it comes to feeling like someone is giving us bs. And, that's exactly what I feel like here.

Volcom first of all they are right you do need to check your stories before posting them. Alot of what you said does not match up. And your covering it up is only making it worse.

As for another statement Volcom made it doesnt seem to be too off-base. Now hear me out before you attack me.

He said CI's can cause brain damage. HOLD IT! Dont attack me yet lol.

CI itself cannot cause brain damage Volcom, what i think you meant to say was complications from surgery MAY. It has not been determined that it will or wont.

Now before yall attack me I do not have concrete evidence of this or a link even.

But hear my theory out before attacking me.

This is more of a twilight zone theory but in actuality can percievably happen.

My theory is after surgery if an infection develops and left untreated it can then enter the bloodstream and then go to the brain and heart and other organs. Very next to impossible that someone would not notice an infection starting but lets for a short time all agree that it did or could happen before.

If the infection did enter the brain it could cause brain damage and lower IQ MAYBE but I dont see it happening.

Volcom though you do need to check your *theories* of a CI out before posting. There are some of us even those who are implanted that do ride the fence on whether if implantation is a good thing or not. But these far out theories of yours are NOT helping get GOOD REAL information out there.

People want medical information and NOT TWILIGHT ZONE theories.Before making statements against a CI try researching online and through medical journals to make sure there is good solid research behind your information. Then you will be someone that people will come to seeking TRUE knowledge.

I can state and back up the fact that early implantees did have cases of menegitis. I can show a link supporting that. See where we are all going Volcom?

Its not that we are attacking YOU as a person. We are attacking your FALSE statements. There will always be false rumors about CI's it is up to YOU to determine that that is indeed a false statement and discard it.

Volcom, just like i can state that CI surgery is painful to have. I state that from a PERSONAL view, but I cannot state it from a whole MEDICAL view or even from another person's view. Just because I had pain does not mean everyone who had or will have the surgery will or did have pain.

I can also state that in MY BELIEF after doing the surgery myself that children should not be implanted. DOES NOT make it fact. That is a personal opinion and does not by any means make it FACT.

See where this is going Volcom?

If you are stating a PERSONAL OPINION then you need to right off the bat state in your postings this is MY PERSONAL OPINION and not FACT.

Then you may find a lot less attacks in your postings and alot more help in showing the true facts.

Hope this helps.

Bear

Volcom first of all they are right you do need to check your stories before posting them. Alot of what you said does not match up. And your covering it up is only making it worse.

As for another statement Volcom made it doesnt seem to be too off-base. Now hear me out before you attack me.

He said CI's can cause brain damage. HOLD IT! Dont attack me yet lol.

CI itself cannot cause brain damage Volcom, what i think you meant to say was complications from surgery MAY. It has not been determined that it will or wont.

Now before yall attack me I do not have concrete evidence of this or a link even.

But hear my theory out before attacking me.

This is more of a twilight zone theory but in actuality can percievably happen.

My theory is after surgery if an infection develops and left untreated it can then enter the bloodstream and then go to the brain and heart and other organs. Very next to impossible that someone would not notice an infection starting but lets for a short time all agree that it did or could happen before.

If the infection did enter the brain it could cause brain damage and lower IQ MAYBE but I dont see it happening.

Volcom though you do need to check your *theories* of a CI out before posting. There are some of us even those who are implanted that do ride the fence on whether if implantation is a good thing or not. But these far out theories of yours are NOT helping get GOOD REAL information out there.

People want medical information and NOT TWILIGHT ZONE theories.Before making statements against a CI try researching online and through medical journals to make sure there is good solid research behind your information. Then you will be someone that people will come to seeking TRUE knowledge.

I can state and back up the fact that early implantees did have cases of menegitis. I can show a link supporting that. See where we are all going Volcom?

Its not that we are attacking YOU as a person. We are attacking your FALSE statements. There will always be false rumors about CI's it is up to YOU to determine that that is indeed a false statement and discard it.

Volcom, just like i can state that CI surgery is painful to have. I state that from a PERSONAL view, but I cannot state it from a whole MEDICAL view or even from another person's view. Just because I had pain does not mean everyone who had or will have the surgery will or did have pain.

I can also state that in MY BELIEF after doing the surgery myself that children should not be implanted. DOES NOT make it fact. That is a personal opinion and does not by any means make it FACT.

See where this is going Volcom?

If you are stating a PERSONAL OPINION then you need to right off the bat state in your postings this is MY PERSONAL OPINION and not FACT.

Then you may find a lot less attacks in your postings and alot more help in showing the true facts.

Hope this helps.

Bear

:gpost:

See, you based your theories on sound medical fact. :)

Because, you're largely correct. Infections can and DO travel to the brain and bloodstream, which can kill. Having a CI might (in theory) predispose someone to such an infection. However, this is why doctors are recommending potential imlantees get vaccinated. Being vaccinated against bacteria that cause these infections (meningitis, septicemia (blood infections), will drastically lower a person's incidence of getting ill, or developing life threatening complications.

You're also correct about infections causing drops in Q. I contracted meningitis in infancy. It didn't damage my hearing, but I now have learning disabilities. I have such a complicated medical history, however, that they can't tell me what caused my LDs. It might've been in the meningitis infection or the hydrocephalus that I developed shortly after birth. One can apply the chicken/egg theory, I suppose. ...

Anyway, the bottom line is, you're largely correct. However, the risk of infection is very small, and the risk of a lowered IQ with CI is even lower.

I do agree with that OB like i said it is very unlikely to happen in today's age. But there it is. LOL

That posting was more of a way of showing Volcom how to state what he actually MAY mean that just spouting off about unprovable theories.

I imagine my theory could indeed happen. But very very unlikely lol.

If more people stated before posting ingnorant supposed *Facts*. And stated it was a theory or a OPINION then maybe we would find less attacking and more information.

But thanks OB for the follow up to my post. Actually when I was posting it, I didnt think it was highly likely or even probable to have happen.

Nice to know that someone thinks it isnt as Twilight Zone type of thing as I do lol.

Bear

I do agree with that OB like i said it is very unlikely to happen in today's age. But there it is. LOL

That posting was more of a way of showing Volcom how to state what he actually MAY mean that just spouting off about unprovable theories.

I imagine my theory could indeed happen. But very very unlikely lol.

If more people stated before posting ingnorant supposed *Facts*. And stated it was a theory or a OPINION then maybe we would find less attacking and more information.

But thanks OB for the follow up to my post. Actually when I was posting it, I didnt think it was highly likely or even probable to have happen.

Nice to know that someone thinks it isnt as Twilight Zone type of thing as I do lol.

Bear

It can happen. It actually happened to me last year. Different scenerio that doesn't relate to this thread, but I had an infection travel to my bloodstream. It also nearly killed me. So, yes, it can happen. :)

OB,

I am so glad that you managed to come out of that. Sorry to hear that in fact my theory did happen to you in another form of surgery. It is still very much unknown how any individual person will react to any type of surgery or medication even.

I am glad though that it all worked out for you in the end whew!

Bear

OB,

I am so glad that you managed to come out of that. Sorry to hear that in fact my theory did happen to you in another form of surgery. It is still very much unknown how any individual person will react to any type of surgery or medication even.

I am glad though that it all worked out for you in the end whew!

Bear

Yeah I agree with you... we tried to ask Volcom to show us proof.. url or links... he did not do this.. blame on his counselor or rumors.. all BS...

Yeah I agree with you... we tried to ask Volcom to show us proof.. url or links... he did not do this.. blame on his counselor or rumors.. all BS...

Just blame on rumors...

When back to 2001, the rumors said that Bush will cut SSI but rumors are all bs since he don't cut SSI yet, it was happened last 5 years ago, also they are anti-Bush.

Just blame on rumors...

When back to 2001, the rumors said that Bush will cut SSI but rumors are all bs since he don't cut SSI yet, it was happened last 5 years ago, also they are anti-Bush.

You are off topic.... SSI has nothing to do with CI decreasing IQ

You are off topic.... SSI has nothing to do with CI decreasing IQ

Nah, I just gave a example that went happen with anti-CI for OCD or decline of IQ and anti-Bush for cut SSI, that how's bs works with them.

That's off topic BUT.... I just gave a compare with all bs.

Nah, I just gave a example that went happen with anti-CI for OCD or decline of IQ and anti-Bush for cut SSI, that how's bs works with them.

That's off topic BUT.... I just gave a compare with all bs.

It is not an example.... you still are off topic... OCD has nothing to do with CI and also decreased IQ has nothing to do with CI.. you know it....you failed to show proofs about them...We dont care about rumors... we dont believe in rumors....

It is not an example.... you still are off topic... OCD has nothing to do with CI and also decreased IQ has nothing to do with CI.. you know it....you failed to show proofs about them...We dont care about rumors... we dont believe in rumors....

You never got it :roll:

I don't have prove and just hear from real person, not online or internet.

Quit to blame on me.

You never got it :roll:

I don't have prove and just hear from real person, not online or internet.

Quit to blame on me.

Yes, you do have to prove what you're saying, Volcom. You're making statements that don't make any sense. I'm a lay person, and I can pretty much shoot down everything you said just by using a little knowledge and common sense.

You really NEED TO THINK before you post. Because, the Bush illustration doesn't apply. If you can't make yourself clear, then please don't post.

Also, when someone tells you something (like that counselor who told you that your OCD was caused by your CI), check facts. Don't believe everything you hear. EVEN IF the person has a degree. Nobody is perfect. Counselors can be wrong. Doctors can be wrong. Anybody can be wrong. That's what I do when someone makes a statement on here I don't think is right. I base my opinions on things I read and what I know. When I make a statement, I back up what I say with the facts to support it, and let people judge for themselves.

Yes, you do have to prove what you're saying, Volcom. You're making statements that don't make any sense. I'm a lay person, and I can pretty much shoot down everything you said just by using a little knowledge and common sense.

You really NEED TO THINK before you post. Because, the Bush illustration doesn't apply. If you can't make yourself clear, then please don't post.

Also, when someone tells you something (like that counselor who told you that your OCD was caused by your CI), check facts. Don't believe everything you hear. EVEN IF the person has a degree. Nobody is perfect. Counselors can be wrong. Doctors can be wrong. Anybody can be wrong. That's what I do when someone makes a statement on here I don't think is right. I base my opinions on things I read and what I know. When I make a statement, I back up what I say with the facts to support it, and let people judge for themselves.

:gpost: I think that not being clear hurts people's eyes around here, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back