Cochlear Implants Decrease Your IQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What specific head injuries were they looking for, and why didn't you tell them or your parents tell them you had a CI? There are other ways to diagnose problems without risk to the CI. Even if they had to proceed to the MRI, your doctor should have been informed that you were implanted. If he wasn't, then that's your parents fault for not informing the medical staff beforehand.

Tacha! That kind of information is extremely important--it's not like you or the parents forgot, Vol, that you had a CI.

What specific head injuries were they looking for, and why didn't you tell them or your parents tell them you had a CI? There are other ways to diagnose problems without risk to the CI. Even if they had to proceed to the MRI, your doctor should have been informed that you were implanted. If he wasn't, then that's your parents fault for not informing the medical staff beforehand.

No, my parent is at work and I just start skateboard after school then finally accident on other car and smash my head, that even serious injury and driver called hospital to brought me in ER in local hospital, also many nurses aren't realize about CI in MRI and doctor was shocked that found CI in my head but scan with CI is pretty quitely with magnetic, just little moving and got hurt after scan is done. I don't wake up for around 15 hours, that longer until my parent went to hospital and talk with my doctor what happen and get some Rx to treat, also same with treat with head that where CI is moving alittle and got messed up. I don't care if CI wouldn't work on mine after scan in MRI with CI, it wasn't serious to move alot.

No one who fault to take me in MRI and doctor gave me a apologize about medical issues.

It was in my way with doctor that depends on many injuries would happen and find to treat with Rx.

Tacha! That kind of information is extremely important--it's not like you or the parents forgot, Vol, that you had a CI.

You need to shut up and stop conflict with my medical issues.

It's none of your business about my medical issues.

...My eyes rolled all the way to China and back.

You were underage at that time, correct?

Then why weren't your parents there? Minors need a legal guardian/parent's consent to get medical treatment!

Then why weren't your parents there? Minors need a legal guardian/parent's consent to get medical treatment!

Don't be smartmouth at me then none of your business about my medical issues.

I'm only talk to Oceanbreeze, not for you then shut up...

Don't be smartmouth at me then none of your business about my mdical issues.

I'm only talk to Oceanbreeze, not for you then shut up...

*raises eyebrow* You know, it just sounds *so* iffy...

I'll throw it to you, Oceanbreeze.

*raises eyebrow* You know, it just sounds *so* iffy...

I'll throw it to you, Oceanbreeze.

You make no sense, also you are too way off topic. :crazy:

:deal: Vol, you're the one who started this cute little jump down the rabbit hole.
Now, I'm tired, I'm going to bed, I'm going to roll my eyes however I want.
Good night!
You make no sense, also you are too way off topic. :crazy:

You're right. If he was underage the age of eighteen, he would have needed a parent or gaurdian to consent to treat him. The exception to that is if his injuries were life threatening. In that event, they are under an obligation to do whatever is necessary to stabilize him. But, medical procedures requires parental consent, which can be gotten over the phone, if necessary.

Volcom, I hate to tell you this, but something doesn't jibe. Either you're not telling us the truth, or your parents were negligent in informing the doctors of your CI.

Either way, something isn't right. At the time of your implantation, your parents should have been told that your brand of CI wasn't MRI compatible. If that was done, it was their duty to inform anyone treating you of that fact.

You sound quite happy now not using the CI. That's great! But, please don't be so negative about CIs. What happened to you wasn't the fault of the CI. It was an error in someone else' judgment.

I hate to see when she brought up with my medical issues but none of her business.

I had make up the stories in last few month ago and Boult know about me but he's nice member in AD.

I'm not going make up the stories again since too much debate and don't know to respect on my own.

I think because volcomskatz is still young, sometimes he "types before he thinks." I'm not saying that's an excuse, but we all know the impetuosity of youth.

Vol - I think you need to sit back and take a break from this section for a while - all you seem to do is make asinine commentary and you contradict yourself repeatedly. Quite often you aren't even capable of explaining WHY you said something because you don't even know, or you cannot (or will not) answer questions posed to you based on your statements or offer factual proof to back up your accusations.

WE know you have an unoperational CI, and the situation that caused this is indeed a sad one, but you seem to bounce back and forth between being happy that it isn't working (because you are "proud" to be deaf) or upset that it isn't working and saying you want to get another implant. You take comments made by others who have successful CI's as personal attacks and try to boost yourself up by trying to put them down. One moment you are supporting somebody who has CI's and the next you are trying to dream up reasons why CI's should be outlawed (this thread is an example). You won't admit when you are wrong, so you try to find another reason against CI's so you can justify your own personal feelings (even though they seem to change from week to week.)

Do yourself a favor (as well as everybody else here) and come to terms with YOURSELF before you try to pass judgement on others. You might be surprised.

I think because volcomskatz is still young, sometimes he "types before he thinks." I'm not saying that's an excuse, but we all know the impetuosity of youth.

Vol - I think you need to sit back and take a break from this section for a while - all you seem to do is make asinine commentary and you contradict yourself repeatedly. Quite often you aren't even capable of explaining WHY you said something because you don't even know, or you cannot (or will not) answer questions posed to you based on your statements or offer factual proof to back up your accusations.

WE know you have an unoperational CI, and the situation that caused this is indeed a sad one, but you seem to bounce back and forth between being happy that it isn't working (because you are "proud" to be deaf) or upset that it isn't working and saying you want to get another implant. You take comments made by others who have successful CI's as personal attacks and try to boost yourself up by trying to put them down. One moment you are supporting somebody who has CI's and the next you are trying to dream up reasons why CI's should be outlawed (this thread is an example). You won't admit when you are wrong, so you try to find another reason against CI's so you can justify your own personal feelings (even though they seem to change from week to week.)

Do yourself a favor (as well as everybody else here) and come to terms with YOURSELF before you try to pass judgement on others. You might be surprised.

Ok, that's fine.

I have admit that I'm wrong about CI.

Just let you know that I had pros and cons with CI.

You are doing great with college. :hug:

:deal: Vol, you're the one who started this cute little jump down the rabbit hole.
Now, I'm tired, I'm going to bed, I'm going to roll my eyes however I want.
Good night!

I guess you don't want to take the blue or the red pill, eh? :D

You're right. If he was underage the age of eighteen, he would have needed a parent or gaurdian to consent to treat him. The exception to that is if his injuries were life threatening. In that event, they are under an obligation to do whatever is necessary to stabilize him. But, medical procedures requires parental consent, which can be gotten over the phone, if necessary.

Volcom, I hate to tell you this, but something doesn't jibe. Either you're not telling us the truth, or your parents were negligent in informing the doctors of your CI.

Either way, something isn't right. At the time of your implantation, your parents should have been told that your brand of CI wasn't MRI compatible. If that was done, it was their duty to inform anyone treating you of that fact.

You sound quite happy now not using the CI. That's great! But, please don't be so negative about CIs. What happened to you wasn't the fault of the CI. It was an error in someone else' judgment.

You are right... i was puzzled.. something weird going on...he was not informed properly..... or parents did not inform him beforehand....

You are right... i was puzzled.. something weird going on...he was not informed properly..... or parents did not inform him beforehand....

I had explained again and again.

My parent was at work and I don't have their phone number and incident is only happened in afternoon, after school then finally accident.

Go look at my post again, also you are misunderstood.

I had explained again and again.

My parent was at work and I don't have their phone number and incident is only happened in afternoon, after school then finally accident.

Go look at my post again, also you are misunderstood.

I did not misunderstand you at all.... when you first had CI.. your dr who implanted you should warn you about MRI... also warn your parents about it too... so you did not know beforehandl..... then you had an accident.. you did not know about MRI... ...if you did know beforehand you would warn.. it was not your fault.. you did not know anything about MRI....what more xray techie should ask you if you have any metal inside your body or head.... i guess he did not...

Yes it is...extremely critical if you ask me. That is why it is recommended that one with a CI either have a medical alert bracelet or necklace indicating this fact.

I wear a necklace as I hate bracelets. If I'm unconscience and nobody who knows me is around, I have concrete evidence for the medical personnel to realize that I shouldn't be getting a MRI. They are trained to look for this kind of thing.

Yes it is...extremely critical if you ask me. That is why it is recommended that one with a CI either have a medical alert bracelet or necklace indicating this fact.

I wear a necklace as I hate bracelets. If I'm unconscience and nobody who knows me is around, I have concrete evidence for the medical personnel to realize that I shouldn't be getting a MRI. They are trained to look for this kind of thing.

I think I'm gonna get a necklace, too.

I don't have necklace, also only important is nurses that need check all bodies if contain metal or magnet then exempt from MRI.

For MRI scan, the scan can damage CI and cause pain after scan is done but it went away in few days, also get Rx to reduce the pain too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back