Cochlear Implants are the best!

wow i'm sorry cherri but you completely mis-interpreted what i meant

Cheri said:
If you think it is best for you Then Good. But do not tell us what u think we should feel.

i didn't say it'z how you should feel....i simply said how i feel....i think your mistaking me with the person who made the thread

U should be happy with urself. Who cares what other thinks of you. If you are happy then be happy.

believe me i'm happy :) i just laugh at some of the irony that people do or say

Did I say I was against Ci? Maybe cuz they are against it cuz u love to rub that in people face.. Don't show off maybe you would not get too judgement by them.

i didn't say you was against it....i said a lot of people are....and when did i rub having a ci in your faces? i just joined a few days ago, my first post about a ci was earlier today and i never said anything to rub cochlear implantz in any faces....how am i showing off?

U agree that she is force feeding us that we HAVE to have Ci? I Disagree Sorry! That is so Lame for People to Control other People's life. We make our own Choice what is best for ourselves.

no i said i agree that a ci helpz to improve hearing close to 80% if you'd have read the rest of what i said you'd have seen me disagree with the girl who made the topic in the way she is force feeding the ci

i'm sorry i don't mean to be mean or nasty, but maybe you should try reading a little bit more carefully....because it seemz you misinterpreted and skipped a lot of what i wrote

skeptikaltruth, I see it differently what u meant. But, If you did not mean it like the way I think. Then I owe u an apology...Forgive me for Misunderstanding your Post... :ily: :grouphug:

Frisky Feline said:
umm where is Mosholder8? Mosholder8 haven't return to answer each of you. I assume mosholder8 have no answers for you guys. :roll:

Mosholder8 is probably another immature member of a competing Deaf forum and just posted to get a bad rise out of us.

Mosholder8- :fu:

Honestly I'm telling you, it helps SO much! I can talk on the phone now, talk to people with my head turned away from them.I can understand 80% of everything.
Then again, results vary significently from person to person and not everyone qualifies for it. I certainly don't, and so do many other deaf(even severe and profound) folks who are very good hearing aid users!

^Angel^ said:
To be honest , I am not against Cochlear Implants ( CI )....I've wanted to get CI for myself when my second child was born , so I took tests and etc....The doctor felt it wouldn't work for me because simply , I lost most of my hearing...So, there just no chance for me getting a CI....But for others, I'm sure they will have a chance of getting one but that would be up to them!...

I am happy for the way I am ....with or without CI!... :mrgreen:

Have you tried other ci center?
I have severe to profound hearing loss and I qualify for it. curious, did you take hearing evaluation (the one designed to gauge to see if you qualify for CI but not the one that is most common used by audio for HA) was the doctor a ci surgeon or a ENT dr? (I know you said "took tests and etc..." but I was just curious.

anyway, what's the real reason that dr think s you have no chance of getting it? ossified cochlea? or 8th nerve (in other word, auditory nerve) not intact or what?

thanks.. :)

Fly Free said:
Malfoyish -- ur experiences with CI was very interesting and i feel so bad for u on ur experiences and yes u are right, it is ur own choice -- my question is -- how did u hear that ur model of CI was being recalled when u have never gotten written notification on that particular model qq
check her thread: "Update - again" at http://alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=7402

Ziusudra said:
About suing.... don't all American CI implantees sign a contract before the operation stating that if anything goes wrong, they are NOT legally responsible? I don't know how it works nowadays, but Australia has never had a contract. I know that the contract is legally binding, and that it HAS to be signed before the operation. Kinda makes you worry doesn't it, but if you signed such a contract, then you would not be able to sue. Or doesn't this exist anymore?
That's correct, I sign the legal paperworks before I undergo surgery.. even the power of attorney and living will in case something happens so that tells me, I am taking a risk.. every surgery is risky.. and in the end, i am glad, I come out fine. whoohoo! :-D and I am enjoying my Auria HiRes BTE! it is awesome! no headaches yet! yay!! not that I had headaches before.. i only have it not because of sounds thou

Gee, I feel better cuz I forgot all about the ignore feature that this forum have.. I put it into a real good use!! thanks goodness for that!

Boult said:
Have you tried other ci center?
I have severe to profound hearing loss and I qualify for it. curious, did you take hearing evaluation (the one designed to gauge to see if you qualify for CI but not the one that is most common used by audio for HA) was the doctor a ci surgeon or a ENT dr? (I know you said "took tests and etc..." but I was just curious.

anyway, what's the real reason that dr think s you have no chance of getting it? ossified cochlea? or 8th nerve (in other word, auditory nerve) not intact or what?

thanks.. :)

No, I did not go to any CI Centers... I went to see my Audiologist at first , and told her that I was interesting of getting a CI And wanted know more about it and some information that would be helpful ..which she did and also gave me a listing of CI Surgeon that I can go to...

I went to see CI Surgeon , He told me what the CI looks like and what they do and etc....To be honest, I 'm not that brilliant when it comes to CI and I do not remember the specific names of the tests He had done on me.....but, when I took those serveral test performances.....He did said I wasn't candiadate for CI And he did told me why....something about a nerve damaged but I don't remember what exectly...and also was told that I lost 90% of my hearing which I had only 10% hearing left... :| ...And that was 8 years ago.....

Unfortunately , CI wouldn't work for me!...so I move on!... :D

^Angel^ said:
No, I did not go to any CI Centers... I went to see my Audiologist at first , and told her that I was interesting of getting a CI And wanted know more about it and some information that would be helpful ..which she did and also gave me a listing of CI Surgeon that I can go to...

I went to see CI Surgeon , He told me what the CI looks like and what they do and etc....To be honest, I 'm not that brilliant when it comes to CI and I do not remember the specific names of the tests He had done on me.....but, when I took those serveral test performances.....He did said I wasn't candiadate for CI And he did told me why....something about a nerve damaged but I don't remember what exectly...and also was told that I lost 90% of my hearing which I had only 10% hearing left... :| ...And that was 8 years ago.....

Unfortunately , CI wouldn't work for me!...so I move on!... :D
8 yrs ago, you are saying all this occurred 8 yrs ago? since you mentioned "nerve damaged" I am guessing the auditory nerve is not intact but it wouldn't make sense if you said you have 10% hearing left.

Would you try to find out if you are qualified sometime this year? it won't hurt to find out. you can do that without getting implanted.. just find out to see if you are qualified since 8 yrs ago is different than today's standard though..

well, just a thought...

More Information about CI

Hello,

I"m not trying to offend you guys. I am 100% Christian, believe it or not I am. I'm with the chuch youth group, and FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes). I am very strongly into my Faith. My Faith has pulled me though all the troubles I had. I am almost 17, I lost my hearing when I was born,I wore hearing aids, it was profounded loss..I was a candidiate for the CI. And, no. It's not true that the doctors only want the money. No way, never ever think of that please. My surgeon only did it for me, he didn't want the money.He didn't do it for the money. Honestly,THE DOCTORS OUT THERE ARE TO HELP YOU WITH THE FUTURE OF HEARING! They are making miracles out here. Please open your eyes and don't hate people who have the CI and don't hate them because they are against God. No way, I'm a Christian at heart.Please do not think I'm a bad person. Please, open your eyes. Would you like to hear things that you'd never heard before? I heard the birds singing for the first time, and it was emotional. I was able to hear what God has created. It's not the doctor's fault or anything. The doctors are here to help us, they are one of God's helpers. I am an pure athlete deciated to my sport and the Lord.I give all my apologies if I ever offened you guys. I was trying to give you better information. It's NOT WRONG. Trust me, it's not wrong at all. I thank the Lord that he has given me the choice to make a better hearing life, and I thank Him because It will help me in the future because I plan to major in the teaching field and Physical Therapy. I'm a Junior in Highschool. Please don't think it's wrong. Because it's not.trust me ok?

Boult said:
8 yrs ago, you are saying all this occurred 8 yrs ago? since you mentioned "nerve damaged" I am guessing the auditory nerve is not intact but it wouldn't make sense if you said you have 10% hearing left.

Would you try to find out if you are qualified sometime this year? it won't hurt to find out. you can do that without getting implanted.. just find out to see if you are qualified since 8 yrs ago is different than today's standard though..

well, just a thought...

*Sigh*...Thanks for the advice!

Mosholder8 ,

If you say you are Christian....then you shall know this we are not suppose to judge people who don't want CI...*looking around me* who said anyone in here hates CI?...

Doctors are NOT God's helper ..Doctors don't go around talking about Jesus/God and asking people to look up at HIM!....

Miracles happen to alot of people ....not just Doctors who makes the Miracles..

As you can see I'm Christian too and I don't have a CI...and If it doesn't work for me than I dont need one....God made me who I am today and Im proud!... :D

^Angel^ said:
Mosholder8 ,
Doctors are NOT God's helper ..Doctors don't go around talking about Jesus/God and asking people to look up at HIM!....
So you mention about the doctor don't or whatever you think? Well-- please stop visit the doctor if you have any woman health problem. just look up at the sky and find the answer from God. If there are no doctor then that not part of God's plan. So tell you truth that Deaf world is becoming cochlear implant. It will happen in about 4 to 8 years later. So you will just nagging to people that doctor just want money even God want money to get into the heaven of his kingdom? Think again.....

I am not trying to force you guys. I was giving out more information about it. I didn't say you HAD TO get one. I was just sharing my opinions. Remember this, It took me 3 long years to decide. And I'm pretty happy with my decision. If you don't want the CI...that's fine. I'm not pressuring you because I understand what you mean. Because that was me 3 years ago. That is fine if you aren't interested in the CI. I am not trying to put up a fight and offend people. I have the CI, and that doesn't mean I betrayed anyone or God, because I haven't. I did it for myself. And there's nothing wrong with that.Don't go out blaming it on the doctors, blah blah who else you are against. Blame it on me, because I CHOSE to do that.This is probably the last time I'll be in this post room. I am tired of hearing rude comments. I hope you all understand that I wasn't forcing you guys. Just giving out infos. See Ya, have a nice day.

Mosholder8 -- Did you see another treads about CI in Hearing Aids/CI ?? There is lot of debates of their opinions -- I am christian and not use the CI -- I play sports and CI is very risky to play sports because it can hurt CI more than HA or without HA. Your comments here is your own words and opinions -- we another who think different like many people out there has lot of disagree about bible and God's words -- same ideas -- Sorry, I said God create us being Deaf and you choice to wear CI -- that is fine wihth me. I see you love sport and I would say good luck with your CI as I already say CI is very RISKY to play sports -- I think it is all I been thinking :D

ideafspy said:
So you will just nagging to people that doctor just want money even God want money to get into the heaven of his kingdom? Think again.....

Please re-read my post again....I never said ' Doctor just want money....'..And I do not care if in a couple of years people will get CI ...Because that is the choice they made...that doesn't make me a bad person because I decide not to get CI...Or if I did try to ....everyone had a choice to make in life and that the choice they will live to it!...

And btw, Doctors are NOT the only one who makes Miracles to happen!

Last edited:
^Angel^ said:
To be honest , I am not against Cochlear Implants ( CI )....I've wanted to get CI for myself when my second child was born , so I took tests and etc....The doctor felt it wouldn't work for me because simply , I lost most of my hearing...So, there just no chance for me getting a CI....But for others, I'm sure they will have a chance of getting one but that would be up to them!...

I am happy for the way I am ....with or without CI!... :mrgreen:

I know you updated this long time ago, but I have a CI, i cld talk and everything but, your doctor and my doctor has said the exact same thing, and guess what? i cld hear, im profound deaf but with CI, i cld talk, hear, and more...like 90% of sounds that hearing person that cld hear, i cld be able to hear like them. sometimes doctors are wrong, but i strived to get one, and i got it and it worked and its a amazing experience for me.

Back