Cochlear Implants are the best!

Mosholder8

Reaction score
I think the implants are the key to the future of the deaf. I honestly think you all should consider getting one. I know you may say that you're proud to be deaf and some may say God won't be happy. God had a plan for us, he gave us a chance to hear. The Implants are our answers. It took me almost 3 years to decide to get it. Honestly I'm telling you, it helps SO much! I can talk on the phone now, talk to people with my head turned away from them.I can understand 80% of everything. God gave me that, and he will give it to you too. For those of you guys that are against it, should give it a chance. Open up and understand.

To be honest , I am not against Cochlear Implants ( CI )....I've wanted to get CI for myself when my second child was born , so I took tests and etc....The doctor felt it wouldn't work for me because simply , I lost most of my hearing...So, there just no chance for me getting a CI....But for others, I'm sure they will have a chance of getting one but that would be up to them!...

I am happy for the way I am ....with or without CI!... :mrgreen:

however you're saying you understand 80%.. could you explain about your deafness life? born deaf? how u become deaf? and how old u become deaf? when u get ur CI and how old are you now?

This will help us understand more...
I'm giving you details.. because it seems like u got it recently after you become deaf or so.. giving details will help :D

Giving details about myself... I'm deaf since 11 yrs old but become hard of hearing 2 yrs old due to menigitis as years pass by my hearing goes down till 11 yrs old.

In high school live I'm very happy in deaf culture and Am very AGAINST CI.. but right now i'm out of high school and in college life where there's fewer deafies around and i'm now considering in getting CI myself. but wasn't sure. I start decide that few months after my Son was born. anyway i dunno if i will love it or not.. its' so scary. so can you give details about ur deafness life that'll help

BTW Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay and read post.. make post etc.. :cool:

Mosholder8 -- ur post sounds like u are shoving it down our throats and thats something that i feel is wrong of u to do --

<---- against CI -- i still think doctors are trying to play God in this kind of thing which is highly wrong!!!!!!!!

Mosholder8 said:
I think the implants are the key to the future of the deaf. I honestly think you all should consider getting one.

What do u know what We need or what we have to have? There are Plenty of Deaf people that are very smart and have a bright future...I really do not like the way you people come in here and trying to Force us to get Ci..

I know you may say that you're proud to be deaf and some may say God won't be happy. God had a plan for us, he gave us a chance to hear.
God did not give us a chance to hear...The Doctors are the Ones who gave u that chance Not God.

The Implants are our answers. It took me almost 3 years to decide to get it. Honestly I'm telling you, it helps SO much! I can talk on the phone now, talk to people with my head turned away from them.I can understand 80% of everything.
Implants might be the answers to some people who wants Ci.. But not every Deaf person would want to get one unless they are sure for themselves if they want one... I am glad u are enjoying the Ci... Congs..

God gave me that, and he will give it to you too. For those of you guys that are against it, should give it a chance. Open up and understand.
God didnt give u that The Doctors did...They only want ur Money they got it... I am not against Ci... I just do not care if anyone has it or not... If that makes them happy then I am happy for them... The only thing I am against with Ci is on babies... which they are too small to have one...Maybe when they are older thats fine.. that is their call.. not mine.

If you are deaf, then it was God's plan to make you deaf. If he meant for you to be hearing, he would have let you stay hearing instead of becoming deaf.

I agree w/ Vampy's statement. I'm not against CIs, but I am against anyone who is claiming righteous faith in it. Please stop that.

I'm fully deaf since birth, but have a C.I. -- I got it mainly out of curiousity and I was a candidate for one. Thought why not -- it was an opportunity too good to pass up and it was paid for by the Australian Government. I had nothing to lose.
Having a C.I. doesn't mean that I've completely abolished deafness nor seggerated myself from the deaf community. I'm still DEAF, period. The C.I. acts like a hearing aid, but better, I say.

God didn't give us deafies a chance to hear -- it's those doctors and scientists who created those devices in order to give us a choice of having a chance to hear or not.

I am amazed by technological advances... but I also feel that having a CI is a unique and personal decision, and that not everyone can have a CI, it might not even work for some people. I have seen young deaf people with a CI and they chose to throw it away because it simply did not work for them... and because of that, they can never wear hearing aids in their implanted ear (in case you don't already know, with a CI, nerves in the implanted ear are destroyed permanently.)

I considered it a few years ago but decided it was not right for me, the risks far outweighed the *possible* pros. Still, I had friends with CIs that worked very well for them and improved the quality of their lives. But hearing aids work very well for me as it is already, and other hearing people feel the risks aren't worth it. That is why you should consider that it is not for everyone.

VamPyroX said:
If you are deaf, then it was God's plan to make you deaf. If he meant for you to be hearing, he would have let you stay hearing instead of becoming deaf.

:werd:

Mosholder8 said:
I think the implants are the key to the future of the deaf. I honestly think you all should consider getting one. I know you may say that you're proud to be deaf and some may say God won't be happy. God had a plan for us, he gave us a chance to hear. The Implants are our answers. It took me almost 3 years to decide to get it. Honestly I'm telling you, it helps SO much! I can talk on the phone now, talk to people with my head turned away from them.I can understand 80% of everything. God gave me that, and he will give it to you too. For those of you guys that are against it, should give it a chance. Open up and understand.
Mosholder8,

you need to read out loud the following
slogan and hear yourself say:

"Resistance Is Futile!
sttng168.gif

You Will Be Assimilated!"

I think it is shameful to say that doctors are in it only for the money. Geezzzz

VamPyroX said:

** HIGH 5 **

I prefer :deaf:

Deaf258 said:
Mosholder8,

you need to read out loud the following
slogan and hear yourself say:

"Resistance Is Futile!
sttng168.gif

You Will Be Assimilated!"

Far out !!! :lol: It reminds me of Terminator !!

If it was the Terminator, it'd make sense if he was killing Deafies for not accepting CIs! :lol:

Deaf258 said:
If it was the Terminator, it'd make sense if he was killing Deafies for not accepting CIs! :lol:

Yes, you make a good point. LMAO !!

hmm, i have a cochlear implant myself....i became deaf at 6 monthz old, i got the ci at 12 yearz old....before the ci, i used hearing aidz which rarely worked for me, and i never knew sign language my parentz never wanted me to learn

i do feel that a cochlear implant is the best way to go....i feel that i have the best of both worldz, it'z better than being "completely" deaf and it'z better than being hearing....with the ci, i can hear thingz so much easier, , i was finally able to listen to music, and found it easier to understand what people say....but sometimez i hear too much and it getz annoying, for some reason babies crying and birdz chrip[ing give me such a headache...also, if a person comez along and is very annoying, i can just turn my hearing aidz off, i sleep without hearing anything so noises can't wake me up, i have most of my deaf qualities and more of my hearing qualities

keep in mind, having a cochlear implant does not cure your deafness....it simply helpz you hear....hearing aidz just raise the volume for you, ci actually helpz you to hear thingz around you....i've never given up my deaf pride, and i never will

i only wish i could've learned sign language as i was growing up....a few of my friendz want me to learn sign language, and i am currently attending asl in my college (for my foreign language requirement) but because i am now 19 yearz old, and i'm a busy guy, i have no time and patience to learn a new language

it was funny though, once a deaf person was really discriminating against me for having a cochlear implant....made me feel really bad so i put on my headphonez and i was about to walk away....then she started talkin about how she can't listen to music and she hatez herself for that.....i couldn't help but think if she hatez me so much for havin this, and she feelz so deeply that i should've "stayed deaf" as she put it, then why is she complaining herself

a lot of deaf people complain about being deaf yet they're against cochlear implantz....i just don't understand it, it seemz like an oxymoron

while i agree with mosholder that it helpz a lerge percentage, you came about that wrong.....i think your forgetting about your deaf pride a little bit, it'z great that you have a ci, and it'z great that your happy, but that don't make you better than anyone, that don't make you any less deaf......don't forget that

also, when you said just give it a chance....yes, it'z true that if you get a ci, the worse that can happen is your hearing will remain the same, even though that'z most often not the case....however, keep in mind that it'z quite a big process....your going for surgery, your actually getting your head cut open....while i felt absolutely no pain before, or after (i was able to go home the very next day) just the idea of surgery can be too much for some people.....also, you have to go for therapy for about 4 or 5 monthz to help improve your hearing and your ability to adjust to the ci....it'z not like you'll start hearing overnight you need to train yourself...that can be time consuming and if you don't have insurance to cover all of this, this can be extremely expensive.

overall, i do think having a ci changed my life altogether, and for the better, i'm glad that i got this that'z my opinion :)

Back