Cleveland police officer shoots 12-year-old boy carrying BB gun

And I don't see how people do not understand kids do not good control over their emotions and if they get mad at a kid they could aim the gun at them.
Kids minds are not fully developed yet ,if a kid is bullied a lot and full of rage
they could try and use a bb gun as weapon . You can teach a kid gun safety without buying them a gun . That is what my dad did ,, he told us to never point a gun at person . Dad had 2 rifles in the house and we got big enough
to be able to hold them he made it clear we where NOT touch them .
That was our lesson in gun safety.

My parents understood it all too well, and I think the parents of their generation did too. We knew what the punishment would be if we ever broke their rules, and they enforced it.

So .... we didn't break the rules.

My parents understood it all too well, and I think the parents of their generation did too. We knew what the punishment would be if we ever broke their rules, and they enforced it.

So .... we didn't break the rules.

Yeah but this generation of parents are more concerned about being their kids best friends than being parents . I see parents asking their kids what to buy in a grocery store , I never did that nor did my dad . You ate what was put on the table . I got hit just for not coming to my dad fast enough b/c I did not hear him and did not have a HA yet. I was at Market Basket once and a boy was trying to kick people as they walked passed him and his parents were doing nothing. The little brat tried to kick me and I told him very loudly that he better not tried and the parents were :shock: that I talked to their little brat like that . WTF! Some parents needs to get a backbone and start being parents .

Little off topic but I have not seen this story posted yet.
Florida Officer shot and killed in ambush.......this is happening too frequently. SAD!!!

A similar shooting happened close by in 2008 from a 911 hang up call. First officer on scene was shot in the head and died later at the hospital the 2nd was shot 3 times in the chest but his vest saved him. The suspect was ex military and took off when they found him he was dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound. A couple weeks before that 2 officers were shot serving warrants too but their vests saved them.

http://www.policeone.com/news/1736666-officer-down-deputy-sheriff-adam-william-klutz

I can't understand why any parent would even by their kid a bb gun . What the HELL does a kid need a bb gun for in the first place ???

To shoot the birds that get in the house? At least that's a story a remember happening at our house back in the 50's or 60's.

that's not what she was asking.
Right. In order to use a stun gun or taser, the target has to be within a certain range. For a stun gun it's very close range, like an arm's reach.

I can't understand why any parent would even by their kid a bb gun . What the HELL does a kid need a bb gun for in the first place ???
Parents might give a kid a bb gun in order to train the kid how to safely use a gun and develop shooting skills without starting with a real firearm.

Of course, in this case, we don't know how this kid got his gun and why it didn't have the orange tip on it.

Parents might give a kid a bb gun in order to train the kid how to safely use a gun and develop shooting skills without starting with a real firearm.

Of course, in this case, we don't know how this kid got his gun and why it didn't have the orange tip on it.

Unfortunately I don't think parents in my city tell their kids to be careful with bb guns. Someone was killing all the ducks at pond and the ACO ,cops were trying to find the kid(s) . It a crime to kill the duck or use a gun in a public park . Kids were killing squirrels too, I found one at a park and ground keeper was very upset b/c park is the squirrels home. Some parents just let their kids do anything they want .

Unfortunately I don't think parents in my city tell their kids to be careful with bb guns. Someone was killing all the ducks at pond and the ACO ,cops were trying to find the kid(s) . It a crime to kill the duck or use a gun in a public park . Kids were killing squirrels too, I found one at a park and ground keeper was very upset b/c park is the squirrels home. Some parents just let their kids do anything they want .
Yes, not all parents are responsible ones.

I can't believe the parents think that aiming a gun a someone's legs is easy. Obviously they've never shot a gun before.

Tragic case. :(

I can't believe the parents think that aiming a gun a someone's legs is easy. Obviously they've never shot a gun before.

Even if that could be done, it doesn't stop someone from firing a gun.

Thats what European Cops do. When someone goes after them with a knife they shoot em in the leg.But not LAPD or NYPD they shoot em in the chest

Cleveland Police will release this afternoon audio and video recordings of Saturday's deadly shooting at the Cudell Recreation Center, in response to requests from the family of Tamir Rice.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Thats what European Cops do. When someone goes after them with a knife they shoot em in the leg.But not LAPD or NYPD they shoot em in the chest

nope.

Lee Rigby (armed with cleaver) was shot to death by London cops.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9IDUclhjcs[/ame]

at 1:30
an interviewer asked a British cop - "do you shoot to kill?"
British cop: "yea"

PA cops do too, I think most cops in USA shot to kill .

so do I. anybody trained with gun knows that you shoot to kill. if you want to shoot to injure, then get a BB gun.

a gun is a lethal weapon. a deadly force. it's the last resort. when a cop is forced to resort to a last resort, that means the situation was absolutely dire.

In old days, when it comes to firearm, the worst thing the firearm owner do is hesitates when there is danger confront. What that means is if one hesitates, it may be too late to protect themselves. This is centuries old advice.

In old days, when it comes to firearm, the worst thing the firearm owner do is hesitates when there is danger confront. What that means is if one hesitates, it may be too late to protect themselves. This is centuries old advice.

more like decades old....

I don't think they are idiots, really it has very little to do with the grand jury decision. Its pretty much like "Last straw on Donkey's back syndrome" Should we blame on that last straw that cause Donkey collapse? This is pretty much what I had predicted long before they announced the Jury's decision. Pretty much "Community's emotional collapse" In other word when one collapses they don't think at all, so calling them idiots?

Back