Cleveland police officer shoots 12-year-old boy carrying BB gun

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...hild_fatally_shot_b.html#incart_story_package
Henderson, who said he was separated from Tamir's mother but saw his son frequently, not only questioned that his son wouldn't follow orders, but wondered why officers needed to open fire.

"Why not taze him? You shot him twice, not once, and at the end of the day you all don't shoot for the legs, you shoot for the upper body," Henderson said.

ugh... :roll:

this ridiculous farce will just never end. the question is..... WHY WAS THIS BOY PLAYING IN THE PUBLIC AREA WITH A REALISTIC-LOOKING GUN WITH ORANGE SAFETY CAP REMOVED? WHY WASN'T THIS BOY UNDER PARENTAL SUPERVISION?

if any - the parents should be charged with negligence for failing to supervise him and failing to prohibit him from playing with realistic-looking gun with orange safety cap removed.

Tamir Rice's father asked why Cleveland police officers shot his 12-year-old son Saturday afternoon, instead of using a stun gun to subdue him when they said he pulled what turned out to be a BB gun from his waistband.

I agree what he said. Should use stun gun.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...hild_fatally_shot_b.html#incart_story_package

ugh... :roll:

this ridiculous farce will just never end. the question is..... WHY WAS THIS BOY PLAYING IN THE PUBLIC AREA WITH A REALISTIC-LOOKING GUN WITH ORANGE SAFETY CAP REMOVED? WHY WASN'T THIS BOY UNDER PARENTAL SUPERVISION?

if any - the parents should be charged with negligence for failing to supervise him and failing to prohibit him from playing with realistic-looking gun with orange safety cap removed.

Right. State Rep. Alicia Reece of Cincinnati announced Sunday that she will introduce legislation to require all BB guns, air rifles and airsoft guns sold in Ohio to be brightly colored or have prominent fluorescent strips. It is modeled after a bill signed by California Gov. Jerry Brown.

Cleveland police will release the latest information at an 11 a.m. press conference.

Pointless, since the black spray paint can is still sold legally. Often these mischievous kids don't want to have anything to do with obviously fake looking SHYT.

Best solution? EDUCATION! Educators needs to improve on how to educate kids about guns and safety, then its entirely up to kid to act smart or fool. If they choose to be fool, then be it and nobody is liable for one's stupidity.

That 12 years old guy is asking for trouble, and that is his own consequence, no law can change that. Finally, blame is entirely on that 12 years old boy's parents. I have been trained my boys not to act stupid and always, always respect firearms, and I do not lock up my firearms, that is to teach my boys NEVER, GOD FORBIDDEN, NEVER fool around with firearms. Both my boys respect that since I taught them. Yes, both my boys knows where my firearms is.

Right. State Rep. Alicia Reece of Cincinnati announced Sunday that she will introduce legislation to require all BB guns, air rifles and airsoft guns sold in Ohio to be brightly colored or have prominent fluorescent strips. It is modeled after a bill signed by California Gov. Jerry Brown.

We're all assuming that the parents knew the boy had the toy gun without the orange tip. He might have gotten that by himself. We don't know.

We also don't know what his parents taught him or didn't teach him about gun safety. Kids don't always follow what they're taught.

Tamir Rice's father asked why Cleveland police officers shot his 12-year-old son Saturday afternoon, instead of using a stun gun to subdue him when they said he pulled what turned out to be a BB gun from his waistband.

Was that logistically feasible? :dunno:

Pointless, since the black spray paint can is still sold legally. Often these mischievous kids don't want to have anything to do with obviously fake looking SHYT.

Best solution? EDUCATION! Educators needs to improve on how to educate kids about guns and safety, then its entirely up to kid to act smart or fool. If they choose to be fool, then be it and nobody is liable for one's stupidity.

That 12 years old guy is asking for trouble, and that is his own consequence, no law can change that. Finally, blame is entirely on that 12 years old boy's parents. I have been trained my boys not to act stupid and always, always respect firearms, and I do not lock up my firearms, that is to teach my boys NEVER, GOD FORBIDDEN, NEVER fool around with firearms. Both my boys respect that since I taught them. Yes, both my boys knows where my firearms is.

no it's not pointless. spray painting a toy gun to be realistic would mean you intend to use it to commit a crime.

it's illegal to impersonate a police officer but there are some people who do intend to impersonate a police officer. simple - you go to jail for that.

in this case... parents would be held responsible for it.

Yes, it is pointless. Simple, they should know better.

Its like, okay, go ahead jump off Golden Gate bridge.. Would you do that? Why would we need law ban anyone from jumping?

Waving a realistic looking gun in public places is downright STUPID, plain and simple!

And there are fake looking gun that is actually a REAL gun! How does law mandates color changes on toy gun going to change or help? Oh yeah, there have been law in place since 80's requires all toy guns paint in bright color.

Google up for fake looking real guns, you will find plenty...

Making law mandates change color on fake firearms is just asking for more trouble, cause outlaws would realize, oh there is law requires fake gun to be paint bright color, perfect! Paint it in bright color to fool cop and shoot, and be done! See?

Again, making color changes mandates though law is still pointless and even dangerous anyway.

no it's not pointless. spray painting a toy gun to be realistic would mean you intend to use it to commit a crime.

it's illegal to impersonate a police officer but there are some people who do intend to impersonate a police officer. simple - you go to jail for that.

in this case... parents would be held responsible for it.

There have been lawsuit with stun gun, one can get killed with stun gun or damage to their health which requires medical attention... really there is no sensible solution, and it is ENTIRELY up to somebody whether they should perform stupidity or not. If they choose stupidity, expect the consequences, period!

Simple, education... if one don't pay attention, then it is their consequences. Never play with firearms whether it is real or fake with stranger or in public areas, otherwise expect potential deadly consequences whether it is prank or not.

Was that logistically feasible? :dunno:

Police said he used airsoft-type replica gun. Not fake. Not BB guns, right?

Thats what it said. Really does not matter if it is real or not. Police have right to protect themselves. There are enough fake look guns that is actually real and does fire round, do cop have time to figure out? I don't think so. Simple, don't point anything to cop or stranger... how hard is it?

Thats what it said. Really does not matter if it is real or not. Police have right to protect themselves. There are enough fake look guns that is actually real and does fire round, do cop have time to figure out? I don't think so. Simple, don't point anything to cop or stranger... how hard is it?

Bullet (6 mm) or round( BB type for air gun?

How would it make any differences? Cop got split second to figure out. You see, this already taking longer than 1 second, right?

Don't you know you CAN kill anyone with BB gun, that is if you know how.

Bullet (6 mm) or round( BB type for air gun?

Well ... my parents bought me and my brother a BB gun when we were kids. We were also told that under no circumstances were we to point them at anyone.

I don't understand the aversion to teaching children about gun safety.

And I don't see how people do not understand kids do not good control over their emotions and if they get mad at a kid they could aim the gun at them.
Kids minds are not fully developed yet ,if a kid is bullied a lot and full of rage
they could try and use a bb gun as weapon . You can teach a kid gun safety without buying them a gun . That is what my dad did ,, he told us to never point a gun at person . Dad had 2 rifles in the house and we got big enough
to be able to hold them he made it clear we where NOT touch them .
That was our lesson in gun safety.

Does not matter, what if it is midget that is 18 years old look like 12 years old. What can cop do? Ask them first while having them point gun at cop?

Does not matter the age, Steinhauer was right, teaching makes difference. If they (Kids) refuse to learn, then let the consequences take its own course and hopefully they are alive to learn valuable lesson.

Its same concept with hot stove, you can warn kid not to touch hot stove, if they refuse to learn and touch anyway... whose fault is it? Don't tell me their brain isn't develop yet... There is always danger surround and it is important that kids to learn no matter how young they are.

And I don't see how people do not understand kids do not good control over their emotions and if they get mad at a kid they could aim the gun at them.
Kids minds are not fully developed yet ,if a kid is bullied a lot and full of rage
they could try and use a bb gun as weapon . You can teach a kid gun safety without buying them a gun . That is what my dad did ,, he told us to never point a gun at person . Dad had 2 rifles in the house and we got big enough
to be able to hold them he made it clear we where NOT touch them .
That was our lesson in gun safety.

Simple, education... if one don't pay attention, then it is their consequences. Never play with firearms whether it is real or fake with stranger or in public areas, otherwise expect potential deadly consequences whether it is prank or not.

that's not what she was asking.

it's a fake gun. we say fake because it's not a real gun but looks like a real gun. a gun that looks like a real gun but does not shoot a real bullet is called a fake gun.

airsoft is a BB gun. lot of airsoft guns do look real. expensive airsoft gun does look real, feel real, and even weigh like real gun.

Back