Clarification on port forwarding settings for MVP

u not understand look nathan post 13# said temporay port 1720 force incoming calls purpose for vp200 to mvp nathan say sign agreement for allow purple force all incoming call to mvp if someone call number on vp200 call will redirection to mvp

fair? not
sleazy? yes

kick my arse all you like

If they signed agreement then let them sign the agreement. The agreement is that the customers will have to understand that all of the calls will be directed to MVP instead of going to VP-200. People can still make calls on VP-200 for outgoing calls. If people call from VP-200 to VP-200 then the router will still be directed their calls to MVP no matter what. It is the nature of technical issues that cannot be fixed. If you ordered 2 IP addresses then both VP-200 and MVP will work with outgoing and incoming separately.

I am not here to kick your arse. I am here to help you understand what technical point of view because right now I am taking IT tech class in University of Phoenix and starting to take Business Composition related to IT networking and later I would explain the aspect about networking. After I graduate, maybe I can work for Purple, CSDVRS, Sorenson, or Viable, whoever has the best offer, I would help setting up networking with them. I wanted to educate deaf people more about networking, or computer problems; that people who are not computer-literate enough to understand what their problem with their computer. I wanted to emphasize the meaning on tech point of view so you would understand why Purple are doing this with their customers. If the customers are happy, then everything would be fine with them. If customers aren't happy and rather stick with Sorenson or other video relay service, then it is their decision to choose. People has the right to pick their Primary Video Relay Service. This is America that we all have freedom to choose don't you think?

... If you ordered 2 IP addresses then both VP-200 and MVP will work with outgoing and incoming separately.

I was wondering as if it could work using a switch hub and use one's own router for vp 200 and others while hovrs router for mvp and others?

If so, it would be much easier for some to set it up but yep, one has to buy a switch hub ($25 or more) and a second IP ($5 mo per IP for Comcast).

Will it work seamlessly using a switch hub?

I was wondering as if it could work using a switch hub and use one's own router for vp 200 and others while hovrs router for mvp and others?

If so, it would be much easier for some to set it up but yep, one has to buy a switch hub ($25 or more) and a second IP ($5 mo per IP for Comcast).

Will it work seamlessly using a switch hub?

Yes switch hub can work both with 2 IP address. I am not sure if use switch hub first then plug in 2 router at the same time but it is worth a try to see if it works. I do have switch hub plugged in both MVP and VP200 but I still have to call to order extra IP address soon.

Same idea when you or someone have extra VP200 in one home you need to order extra IP address anyway. It happened to me before when me and my ex-roommate both have VP200 in different room and it frustrate me when both of us use the VP at the same time. So we did ordered another IP address and it works for both of us.

Yes, it is a good idea to use switch hub.

Yes switch hub can work both with 2 IP address. I am not sure if use switch hub first then plug in 2 router at the same time but it is worth a try to see if it works. I do have switch hub plugged in both MVP and VP200 but I still have to call to order extra IP address soon.

Same idea when you or someone have extra VP200 in one home you need to order extra IP address anyway. It happened to me before when me and my ex-roommate both have VP200 in different room and it frustrate me when both of us use the VP at the same time. So we did ordered another IP address and it works for both of us.

Yes, it is a good idea to use switch hub.

hmm thanks cool, redwolf

I could buy a switch hub and keep a receipt in case and test it and see if it works or not... if not doable, I could return the switch hub within 14 days of purchase. lol

here is more clear explaination made by deafcomputer guy he will explain how switch hub can work.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-SXnSQJUJ0]YouTube - New Information about Purple MVP with IP Address Problem and VP-200 Issue[/ame]

switch hub then routers then mvp and vp200 really works? (I seen the video above)

There is other network diagram map which shows the opposite at: D-Link DES-1108 8-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch

so which one? :hmm:

:hmm: Good question...We can see if the video or network diagram map is right or wrong if you can test it. I haven't tried it with D-Link DES-1108 but you can give it a try and let us know if it works. You bring up good point, web.

Wait....let me check on the switch hub and see if I got the right hub as you showed me in the map. That switch hub looked familiar....

Last edited:
:hmm: Good question...We can see if the video or network diagram map is right or wrong if you can test it. I haven't tried it with D-Link DES-1108 but you can give it a try and let us know if it works. You bring up good point, web.

Wait....let me check on the switch hub and see if I got the right hub as you showed me in the map. That switch hub looked familiar....

I checked and checked around online for the answers but little given. I then happened to receive a simple answer from a guy who vlogged at deafvideo on the same page where deafcomputerguy showed his diagram there (as shown on the youtube above)...

he said that it would make sense by starting with switch hub first then routers, not starting with router then switch hub then mvp and vp200. It really makes sense to me here... agree with him? (watch his vlog below)

deafwolves - post #11 at http://www.deafvideo.tv/video/watch/43886/#comment-277732

Good point, RedWolf appreciate that you have your last 2 posts! Thank you!

My company ordered reps including Nathan, me and others to stop at MVP private event's customers' place to set up router and MVP.

Chevy57, so what do you say?

Can this map works seamlessly?

modem --> switch hub --> 1 router (existing) --> vp200 + stuff
................................--> 1 router (hovrs 625) --> mvp + stuff

*ofc, one needs a 2nd IP for that

Chevy57, so what do you say?

Can this map works seamlessly?

modem --> switch hub --> 1 router (existing) --> vp200 + stuff
................................--> 1 router (hovrs 625) --> mvp + stuff

*ofc, one needs a 2nd IP for that

You may call DSL or cable company to add extra IP address.

Why cant you guys get it in your head that the ports have nothing to do with the VRS providers hardware ?!@ AKA vp200, mvp, vpad, pc webcam etc! Like I said before - 1720 is a networking protocol for the ring port. ALLLL of this networking information was designed before any VRS wanted to make hardware equipment for the deaf. IF you wanted people to call you to 2 different netmeeting webcam, even back then, they had to get a seperate incoming public ip address that your ISP assigns. So again, you can have as many vps you want in your house, but only ONE can receive calls due to only one network port 1720 is available for EACH ip address your ISP gives you! You don't like it ? then lets see you try to redesign the structure of the networking protocols of IP4. Get this in your heads, The VRS's have nothing to do with this. SO when purple or sorenson or others try to fix your vp's, you have to make a choice- WHICH VP DO YOU WANT TO USE FOR BOTH INCOMING AND OUTGOING ?! That is your right. You do not have to use mvp only. you do not have to use vp200, etc. IF you want both vp's to receive and call out with no problems, easy - GET A SECOND IP ADDRESS from your ISP like cable or dsl. Once you get a second ip address, I strongly recommend that you let the installers to set it up for you and you have the right to grill them with questions on how to reset it up again in case the routers loses its setup information same way a computer can. Its not rocket science but it can be hard for those who don't have a networking background.

LOOK! I apoligize for this long post, but i seen it happen way too many times that VP customer's blame the VRS's for problems and it was not remotely thier problem but yet they continue to provide support and fix them because they want you to have a WORKING VP. Everytime I see a problem with any VP and it's because they added something to the network like another vp or a game device or the ISP restore the router, modems to default settings that doesn't have the ports setup for VP or a lighting storm in your area wipes out the settings on the routers/modems. All these problems is easly overcome with full cooperation from the the vp users and tech/installers and no finger pointing. It breaks my heart that none of you seem to understand that network issues was never the VRS providers fault. :( Some of the people here to setup vp's for a living get it, but the rest of you- please show some compassion.

He is Correct, don't need extra router, only one Switch and one Router

RedWolf:
don't need buy Switch/hub

if you already mvp package router DIR-612(free) and Sorenson SR-200(free)
SR-200 is Router, don't worry, plug Port 1-4 but not need "WAP",
WAP: leave
Port1: Cable Modem with Crossover wired
Port2: VP-200
Port3: Router DIR-615 -> MVP

Save $$$$

Eek!

Just set up like that

Modem->switch->router->MVP
Switch->VP.

No need another router.

OFC You need pay extra for 2nd Public IP address.

I seen Sorenson do that for long times ago like few years ago.

switch hub then routers then mvp and vp200 really works? (I seen the video above)

There is other network diagram map which shows the opposite (router to hub then mvp/vp200) at: D-Link DES-1108 8-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch

so which one or both can do? :hmm:

I just woke up and went to check on the name of the router. Mine is D-Link DES-1105 with only 4 ports. I am surprised that DES-1108 now have 8 ports which it is pretty cool.

rhr, I know don't need extra router but however the routers have different DMZ address in order to work for their VP. If they used the same DMZ then their screen will look black and won't be able to see through it. Which it means you will need 2 separate DMZ address.

I was former Sorenson installer to work for service tech to stop at deaf users s place. Two deaf customers had two VP200 to have one router and cable modem. I told them that they not working in same time on one public ip address and should call cable company to order extra ip address. they worked fine when having two routers, one switch and one modem in different IP addresses. Pay extra IP address.

WOW cable and internet company includes three multiple IP addresses. No pay extra.

I was former Sorenson installer to work for service tech to stop at deaf users s place. Two deaf customers had two VP200 to have one router and cable modem. I told them that they not working in same time on one public ip address and should call cable company to order extra ip address. they worked fine when having two routers, one switch and one modem in different IP addresses. Pay extra IP address.

WOW cable and internet company includes three multiple IP addresses. No pay extra.

Just add switch to modem and call to ISP for extra public Ip address. That's it!

There is other way. I seen two vp200 work fine for ONE router.

Back