Clarification on port forwarding settings for MVP

:whistle:

MSN-Emoticon-book-105.gif

That's why they upset with Purple trainer.

Really? I see no upset customers of mine. Purple trainer are well trained, they make no mistakes. It's the customers:

1)reset the router
2)changing the port numbers or messing with the port setting.
3)MVP or VP-200 setting not done properly.
4)playing with DMZ setting or add double ports.

Once they messed up. it's their fault they changed the setting which cause the videophone not to work. We pre-configured our router to let MVP gets all the calls not VP-200, but it will change later on because we are on the Beta stage and some customers are on the Beta and customers signed to a agreement that they will not revice incoming calls via VP-200 but on MVP.

They should know better to keep what the trainer say and keep attention.

So.. which settings are the correct ones for the MVP? I'm not using any other video relay services (other than Viable Vision, and it doesn't need port forwarding settings). I even made the DMZ open all ports to the IP address of my MVP, and the wifi is still weak and it doesn't work.. :\

and my installer was supposed to come today, but I told him about my problem, and now he says to reschedule. I'm thinking that I should just send this MVP back. Nothing is worth this much trouble!

Hey, am I imaging this or is it for real....

Before I got in this room, I see a sign....

Three rings Circus show
going on now!

Admission: Free!

Free admission? awesome!

But whats the catch for free admission?

It's the customers:

1)reset the router
2)changing the port numbers or messing with the port setting.
3)MVP or VP-200 setting not done properly.
4)playing with DMZ setting or add double ports.

QUOTE]

I can relate to this. Of the 2 vrs different providers I have worked for in the passt, The people issues have always been the same. Its so easy to point fingers and they want it fixed and want it done now. If only these same people who played with the settings to cabling would only fess up as soo they call us for help, I would be more then happy to bend over and do whatever they need to get done. I have no problems with people making a mistake or trying to see if they could do it too. I am not the police and di would care less if they screwed up or there is acutally something wrong, ITs about customer service right ? Treat the techs, customer reps with respect and truth and then they will take care of you.

why cant you got along with soresnon? make mvp and vp200 both call in and out independenty from each other then me stop why purple take port 1720 away from Soresnon? viable get along with soresnon cuz vpad and vp200 work independenty

look at cekuro post aobut make vp200 and mvp work

port 1720 does not belong to any vrs. It's simply a ring port that microsoft has created when netmeeting for came out. Sorenson basically used the same ring port for thier vps and other vrs's has followed suit.

I think it is time to stop slapping Purple Team's in the face. You seems to think you know what you are doing but you need to know their tech's point of view. You keep blaming Purple for stealing from Sorenson but they are not stealing at all. Once they will tell you what they are doing then you would know why Purple Team is doing to keep the customers happy. It is not their job to keep Sorenson from you. If you have both VP-200 and MVP, then that is fine! They will not keep you apart from them. Sorenson can't stop you from MVP and Purple cannot stop you from using Sorenson.

If you can't use VP-200 for incoming call then there got to be a reason for this. The router's job to make sure the call goes directly to MVP as your PRIMARY video provider which it is where you get your incoming calls. The installer's job was to set up the router to make sure the ports are open for all videophone such as OJO, VP-200, MVP, Viable. It is their responibility to make sure all videophone are working no matter what videophone you are using.

Another thing: MVP just started out early as Beta testing and it is really early to criticize Purple right now. Some people just don't want to listen what the installer told you to "NOT TO RESET" your router until the installer comes to your home and set up the router so they can upgrade firmware into your router so they can open up ports for you so you can use VP-200 and other videophone. Gosh, some people has no patience and went ahead to reset the router which it is wrong to do.

You just don't know what you are doing and you think you know what Purple is wrong but think before you criticize Purple because if you do, then it would get you in lot of trouble. It just really peeved me off but I let it go and let you talk as you think you know what you are saying. I don't speak for Chevy, Nathan, and others who work for Purple but they tried to explain to you and you don't listen what they are telling you. This need to stop and stop criticize Purple and the teams for their doing. They are starting out with new product that just came out this month. I know it been 3 years that turned you off but it is really worth it at the end that something better comes up. The reason why it was long time because they want to have a better way for deaf people to use it instead of getting a lot of bugs to report and they had to fix it every time. Plus it been delayed because Sorenson wanted to delay with FCC about local numbers which that put off more longer for Purple to deliver the MVP which it is really annoying.

Please give Purple a chance and learn to be patient. Some of you don't have MVP then suddenly start to criticize them because you don't have a chance to try it out yet! You need to give them a chance and let it go.

bottom line is beside the port forwarding setting ,they do need to set up the wan port to work with specific modem mine uses ppoe with dsl and some other use dynamic port with mac cloning for cable modem and in case very rare for those in Australia using big pond cable setting which is different from our so they want to make it cooperate with provider supplied modems soooo what's the point of blocking their admin login access to wan port setting,also the wireless setting need to be more secure as not to let no other users get in internet,again the passord is too weak and have to be changed to alphanumeric password 6 charcters or more long btw the congress will pass new law in the future making you responsible for securing the wireless access
note that 64 or 128bit wep is no good as it is not supported in draft spec of wireless n,again the wep can be sniffed to find the password so the best setting is wpa which always changes encryption making sniffer harder to guess and also to set up ddns name linking to ip easier

no one own any ports not even microsoft who own port 80 for web?

why cant purple use different port than stealing 1720 from sorenson? aka theft

vpad and ojo working fine with vp200

again why cant purple get along with soresnon?

fcc slap purple face sooon

MVP uses different port than the one Sorenson VP uses. If they both used the same port, it will not work.

I think it is time to stop slapping Purple Team's in the face. You seems to think you know what you are doing but you need to know their tech's point of view. You keep blaming Purple for stealing from Sorenson but they are not stealing at all. Once they will tell you what they are doing then you would know why Purple Team is doing to keep the customers happy. It is not their job to keep Sorenson from you. If you have both VP-200 and MVP, then that is fine! They will not keep you apart from them. Sorenson can't stop you from MVP and Purple cannot stop you from using Sorenson.

If you can't use VP-200 for incoming call then there got to be a reason for this. The router's job to make sure the call goes directly to MVP as your PRIMARY video provider which it is where you get your incoming calls. The installer's job was to set up the router to make sure the ports are open for all videophone such as OJO, VP-200, MVP, Viable. It is their responibility to make sure all videophone are working no matter what videophone you are using.

Another thing: MVP just started out early as Beta testing and it is really early to criticize Purple right now. Some people just don't want to listen what the installer told you to "NOT TO RESET" your router until the installer comes to your home and set up the router so they can upgrade firmware into your router so they can open up ports for you so you can use VP-200 and other videophone. Gosh, some people has no patience and went ahead to reset the router which it is wrong to do.

You just don't know what you are doing and you think you know what Purple is wrong but think before you criticize Purple because if you do, then it would get you in lot of trouble. It just really peeved me off but I let it go and let you talk as you think you know what you are saying. I don't speak for Chevy, Nathan, and others who work for Purple but they tried to explain to you and you don't listen what they are telling you. This need to stop and stop criticize Purple and the teams for their doing. They are starting out with new product that just came out this month. I know it been 3 years that turned you off but it is really worth it at the end that something better comes up. The reason why it was long time because they want to have a better way for deaf people to use it instead of getting a lot of bugs to report and they had to fix it every time. Plus it been delayed because Sorenson wanted to delay with FCC about local numbers which that put off more longer for Purple to deliver the MVP which it is really annoying.

Please give Purple a chance and learn to be patient. Some of you don't have MVP then suddenly start to criticize them because you don't have a chance to try it out yet! You need to give them a chance and let it go.

many angry people with mvp is call soresnon tech supprot to replace wifi router allow in calls to vp200

why CANT mvp use 1721 and leave 1720 alone? beta? hmmphh

many angry people with mvp is call soresnon tech supprot to replace wifi router allow in calls to vp200

why CANT mvp use 1721 and leave 1720 alone? beta? hmmphh

I don't think you understand....If they used the same port it will not work that way. If they used 1720 it will conflict the router and will confuse on where the incoming calls going to. That why we have DMZ for a purpose to have it port them in the different way than using the same port.

I don't think you understand....If they used the same port it will not work that way. If they used 1720 it will conflict the router and will confuse on where the incoming calls going to. That why we have DMZ for a purpose to have it port them in the different way than using the same port.

u not understand look nathan post 13# said temporay port 1720 force incoming calls purpose for vp200 to mvp nathan say sign agreement for allow purple force all incoming call to mvp if someone call number on vp200 call will redirection to mvp

fair? not
sleazy? yes

kick my arse all you like

u not understand look nathan post 13# said temporay port 1720 force incoming calls purpose for vp200 to mvp nathan say sign agreement for allow purple force all incoming call to mvp if someone call number on vp200 call will redirection to mvp

fair? not
sleazy? yes

kick my arse all you like

By the likes of you...by the likes of you...it look like I totally lost my respect for you after all the posts you posted. And I hope you are the last person in this world to receive a MVP...or maybe never. After all the AD'ers who try to explian to you, still you won't listen and don't understand. I got many happy customers that I have installed, and they have no problems. I have support all AD'ers and they have my support but not you qwerty. Have a nice day. Btw..."kick my arse all you like"? I did rather you put your mouth up your arse where it belongs. To each their own...

By the likes of you...by the likes of you...it look like I totally lost my respect for you after all the posts you posted. And I hope you are the last person in this world to receive a MVP...or maybe never. After all the AD'ers who try to explian to you, still you won't listen and don't understand. I got many happy customers that I have installed, and they have no problems. I have support all AD'ers and they have my support but not you qwerty. Have a nice day. Btw..."kick my arse all you like"? I did rather you put your mouth up your arse where it belongs. To each their own... ..

:gpost:

Back