CI's in Children

of course when u said too bad.. i felt thats harash! i dont care if its your decision u could have at least say something thats respectful.. than say TOO BAD!

did i say that u said ur daughter isnt perfect???

if u think it would successing or benfit your daugthers future. thats fine with me.. but to me it sound ike u are saying that we the deaf people without ci arent going to successful.......

then why nowday people want babies to learn how to sign cuz it will boost their iq and less frustating their expressing!
i never say you are wrong.. im just simply voicing my opinion as well just like you do... u can screw this converstaion all u want but i dont care! im jut speaking my mind up.. nothing wrong with that..

Lisa Marie,
I didn't read all of your replies and not even in whole but a few things that I did read put me off.
You know why?
First of all, why are you screaming? typing with your caps locked is considered screaming, and impolite.
that alone makes me wary of you.
Do you want to just over-scream me (or anyone) or do you want to reasonably convey your arguments thru?

Second of all it looks to me like you are in extremely defensive mode.
there is no need to become an extremist on any subject, CI including.
That's fine for you that you are proud of who you are, may I congratulate you on your achievemnts - they look impressive indeed.

But not everyone is happy being completely deaf in times when CI devices is enough advanced to be able to help quite nicely with communicating with hearing pple who doesn't understand deaf and deaf culture.
many deaf pple here who'se replies I read in the past were quite happy with being implanted with CI, and having it did NOT hamper their deaf identity.

As it is possible to learn two or more languages, so it's possible to be "deaf" and " hearing".

I don't think you would feel any less "deaf" and less successful as deaf person if you had CI and used it in your job enviroment instead of writing back and forth. It would save time, BTW.

I also think it's common sense to make use of all the best available technologies and medical advances in the world that can help with anything, be it for a deaf person or hearing personor a blind, anyone.

For those who think "my child can start with HA or may choose when it will mature" - well the speech and hearing evolves in the first 3 years of a baby life and past that date it will never be the same.
That's why it is important to implant babies.

Fuzzy

im not screaming i just simply didnt realize my caps were locked! gee..

do i have to type exactly as you want me to so u will know exaclty what im feeling?????

im not being extremely defensive im just simply telling and waking some people up to SEE that we are capable doing things normally!!! even without CI! whats wrong with that? since people are voicing their opinion so why cant i???? my mom taught me how to be proud of who i am and love myself. my mom is hearing.. she wont let anything stop our world just because im deaf. she refuse to change who i am and im so HAPPY that i have her! cuz she simply love me for who i am! regardless!

you are right... not everybody is happy being completely deaf... im just here to help them feel better because they are capable to do things without depressing or think they cant.... my word CANT isnt allow!

i dont have to write back forth everytime. i do commuincate them by gesture... some of them knew sign... rather than misunderstooding a lot of by assuming what they say orally! no way. i rather to know exactly than nod my head and say yah yah.. whatever!!! that save my time than misunderstanding or whateve ru think!

i dont care if there is a techonoligies or medical advances.. why do i want to hear things?? if im born as a deaf or become deaf. there is a REASON! why cant we just simply work around it??????? theres always a way out! i guess i have prove it to you because im succesful mortgage broker and i survied it without CI!

i cant imagine implant in babies!! such a cruel!!!!! i learn how to speak when i was little kid by speech teacher!!! have u ever think of that?!?! i wear hearing aids cuz the school used to require us to wear them but nowdays they dont do that anymore

DefLord-

We will stage an intervention at 0900 hours, complete with a straightjacket and a quite pleasing drug cocktail. We will be dressed appropriately in obsidan trenchcoat attire, complete w/ matching RayBan's sunglasses. You deserve only the best treatment!

Sincerely,
The Gallaudet Alumni Adjustment Team :rofl:
DefLord said:
Secondly, I do have to agree with R2D2 on her feelings/thoughts on being discriminated. It happens everywhere and it is reality.
I agree that discrimination, either overt or indirect, exists in many areas of employment, affecting thousands of Deaf/HH people all over the U.S., despite the presence of the ADA and its related statutory and regulatory framework. CI users, are still suspectible to this kind of individous discrimination, though.

IMO, creative solutions are needed to eliminate barriers to employment for Deaf/HH people, irregardless of whatever communication methods they may employ. The ADA, as suspected, is still not enough for Deaf/HH people at the hiring stages in many employment situations. The VRS provides one giant step in this direction, thankfully.

With all due respect Lisa I find it hard to believe you didn't see you had caps locked on for at least 4 separate replies, not to mention I for one can see my font size while typing.
And no you don't have to type excatly as I want, what common courtesy require will suffice, thank you.
I just wanted to point out to you that by being merely 'loud' you are not going convince anyone of your opinions.
For example not matter how loud one will scream 2 plus 2 is 5, it will never be right. He however who whispers 2 and 2 is 4 is always right.

Now I am not trying to say I am right in my opinions but I do have it, too - an opinion - and I feel the way you say 'you are proud of being deaf and hence you don't need CI'
it implies that any deaf person who wish to be implanted is NOT being proud of who they are. I don't think it's true.

In my opinion CI is just a thing that simplifies life, like a telephone, like a car like anything that can make life easier for people, and rejecting such an useful thing as CI is not smart, IMO.

A person is <deaf> regardless of the degree of hearing loss.
A person is deaf regardless of him using hearing enchancing devices, because whether or not a person is <deaf> is in that person's mind- in how is that person feeling about him/her self.

You are not being "changed" by having a device implanted in you that allows you to hear some. You are still deaf! only you can communicate easier.

You may not be implanted, not wearing HA and have profound hearing loss and be so ashamed of it so you hide it and pretend you hear. I knew a lady like that. She would not wear HA and would never learn to sign because she thought it hideous, so she learned to lip read and pretened to hear.
People of course sooner or later figured out she can't hear and she was furious then.

Do you use captions when you watch TV? do you use TTY when you telecommunicayte ? why? why not be deaf all the way, the way pple were deaf before these things were invented?
CI is the same as everything else - a gadget to improve communicating skills for the deaf person. It's up to you who you are going identify with a 'hearie' or a 'deaf'.

Granted it requires invasive surgery but eventually when you think about it it is just and advanced hearing aid, that's all...
just instead of wearing it on the outside you have it inside.

i learn how to speak when i was little kid by speech teacher!!! have u ever think of that?!?!

yes, I could tell this right away by the way you phrase your sentences. (grammar).

Besides the best speech teacher in the world will not be able to achieve what natural stimulating does for the baby.

When the baby is born, its brain is like a clean slate.
There are certain "nerve pathways" that need to connect. the more the baby is stimulated the more nerve ends of the pathways will connect, the more skillful and developed the baby's brain becomes.
It lasts only short time since birth, and if the baby won't learn as much as it can in the time it takes to do that, it will never be possible again.
(With today's available technology you could see these nerves connecting on TV screen. on Discovery channel. That was fascinating to watch!)

That's why it is so recomened to stimulate baby's senses asap in every way possible.
And that is why for maximum benefits of CI the earliest age possible for implanting is recommened .
It is just an undisputable fact that has nothing to do with deaf efficiency, it is just BIOLOGY.

if im born as a deaf or become deaf. there is a REASON!

Yes. But we have no way of knowing this reason, it could very well be to have you implant with CI. It's only your idea what this reason is.

have prove it to you because im succesful mortgage broker and i survied it without CI!

You don't have to prove anything to me.
as I've said, to me CI is just a useful piece of technology that should be exploited to the best of its advantages.
I know very well if you want to be successful you need to believe in yourself and do your job well.
You can also struggle w/o any technological help, or you can use them to make things easier for yourself.

There is plenty of hearing pple who are not half as successful as you are, so what's the better proof that indeed not our devices help us to achieve success but our mentality.

Fuzzy

Haha Eyeth! :)

Now going back to this discussion - everyone looks at success from a different perspective. Some success may mean doing well at the job and making good money, some may mean becoming a vice president of a company. Some may mean becming the number Sales Manager in the Region. There is alot of categories there.

As for implants - honestly (FYI I am from a DEAF Family) I was against CI for the longest time. But my job took me to opportunities where I was fortunate enough to work for 3 Fortune 100 companies. But honestly - 2 out of the 3 were really good about promoting within but then again I had to deal with alot of client work. Maybe internal might work well but when it comes to dealing with clients OUTSIDE of the office that is where sometime stuff like this comes in handy. I had been opposed to CI for the longest time, until a year and half ago I started doing some research. So last fall I decided to go for it. They implanted in my worst ear, and now I have had the CI for 4 months (activated) Truthfully the way I see it a CI is just a MUCH more powerful hearing aid that gives you a better range than a hearing aid could. But it functions better... Ya know it is like computers and dialups... People nowadays are buying faster computers and signing up with High Speed Internet because of the technological advances. Because the technology is THERE for them to take advantage of. That is exactly what a CI is - it is an advanced technology. Otherwise we all can say why should we go to faster computers and go high speed we can stay with dialup. We don't need to - who needs technology. Technology is what makes the world a better place for EVERYONE every day. This is something that we individuals needs to start grasping and ACCEPTING - It is not going to go away it is going to be here no matter who does or does NOT like it.

And LisaMarie - the reason why people are reading your post as your a defensive - you just joined this forum just recently and you have SPAMMED over 130 posts in 9 days. or maybe even less. And it is like you have to RESPOND to every single post. So let it go.

Eyeth - BTW I like a Black straitjacket! I look better in black! :)
:stupid:

again with caps issuses? *rolling eyes*

Now I am not trying to say I am right in my opinions but I do have it, too - an opinion - and I feel the way you say 'you are proud of being deaf and hence you don't need CI'

THAT IS YOUR OPINION! do not put your words in my mouth!
THATS FINEEEE.. i dont care if adults wear them.. but for babies or child.. no ... cuz i felt that the parents control their destiny.. if they want to have a ci implant.. let them speak up their feeling or desires.

thats sad to hear when a lady is being furious cuz they found out she is deaf? thats my exactly exmaple.. you hearing people think deaf is something wrong.. so they want to help deaf people by hearing them.. cuz you make us feel like we are deformed!!!!!!!

do you use TTY when you telecommunicayte ? ----- yeah so what??? cuz it allow us to be able doing things without depend on hearing people!!!!!!!

why not be deaf all the way, the way pple were deaf before these things were invented?----- ohhhh im so thrilled to tell u this.. there is a DEAF town in processing where they will have a whole town for alllll deaf ppl and all the way for deaf people!!!!!! do u want to know more about this?> let me know!

.________________________________________

i learn how to speak when i was little kid by speech teacher!!! have u ever think of that?!?!

yes, I could tell this right away by the way you phrase your sentences. (grammar).

i dont struggle so much as u thought!!

There is plenty of hearing pple who are not half as successful as you are, so what's the better proof that indeed not our devices help us to achieve success but our mentality.

And LisaMarie - the reason why people are reading your post as your a defensive - you just joined this forum just recently and you have SPAMMED over 130 posts in 9 days. or maybe even less. And it is like you have to RESPOND to every single post. So let it go.

Eyeth - BTW I like a Black straitjacket! I look better in black! :)
:stupid:[/QUOTE]

ohh are u saying that i cant post anything whatever i want??? gee what a selfish u are!! i can post any where i want. u dont have to read a single of my post at all!! simply!

I have observed children who use CI and Sign Language or HA and Sign Language. I have observed that their speech do not seem as strong as children who use oral alone.

LisaMarie said:

This is biological fact. The brain of an infant is more malleable and able to adjust to changes easier. That's why young children can learn multiple languages at an early age whereas its harder for older children or adults. You can whine all you want, but you can't argue with facts.

neecy said:
This is biological fact. The brain of an infant is more malleable and able to adjust to changes easier. That's why young children can learn multiple languages at an early age whereas its harder for older children or adults. You can whine all you want, but you can't argue with facts.
huh! why are everybody attacking me?? cant i speak up what i feel or see? im not WHINE! im just saying that i thought its stupid to have baby going under the surgery... to put ci in. thats all!

Lisamarie,

It's not about caps at all.
I was simply telling you in polite way that I think you LIED about caps.
And if you lied about caps you are not someone who'se word can be trusted...
who knows what else you lied about.

1.THAT IS YOUR OPINION! do not put your words in my mouth!

That is EXACTLY what you said- "I am deaf and proud of it", "why do I want to hear?"

if you do not want to hear then obviously you don't need CI. It just logical.

2. it implies that any deaf person who wish to be implanted is NOT being proud of who they are. I don't think it's true.
DId i SAY THIS?? thats your WORDS! dont put your words in my mouth!

I didn't say you SAID it- I said you IMPLY it. Which you do.

3. i dont care if adults wear them.. but for babies or child.. no ... cuz i felt that the parents control their destiny.. if they want to have a ci implant.. let them speak up their feeling or desires.

I see you have no idea how baby's brain developes. And why and what huuuuge difference the time makes when implanting.

4. thats sad to hear when a lady is being furious cuz they found out she is deaf? thats my exactly exmaple..

WRONG!!! not your example.
MY example is about it's how we perceive ourselves. the lady perceived herself as "deformed" and she was angry when she couldn't hide it.
people didn't know what she is angry about it because they accepted her deafness. She didn't.

you hearing people think deaf is something wrong.. so they want to help deaf people by hearing them.. cuz you make us feel like we are deformed

no my example does not say that.
But since you mentioned it - hearing people simply know what deaf people are missing on.
So yes they want to help them to achieve something that is SO precious, and what the great majority of humans on the Earth is normally equipped with.
And no it's not making someone "feel deformed" by wanting to help. It's how YOU perceive it.
Do you consider wearing glasses as sign of "deformity"? Normal seeying people invented them to help people with vision problems see better.

5. Do you use captions when you watch TV? ----- yeah so what?? even some hearing people do use subtile for forgein what is the differenet?!?!

Except that hearing pple can also use a lector who reads translated text and the deaf can't. They (deaf) NEED captions.

6. do you use TTY when you telecommunicayte ? ----- yeah so what??? cuz it allow us to be able doing things without depend on hearing people!!!!!!!

EXACTLY!!!!! and that is what CI is for - for us to be more independent. Right now you depend on mercy of your co-workers to either write you or be so nice and go as far as to learn sign language..
what a "hearie" needs sign language for ? only to communicate with a "deafie".
Think about it. If they don't want to help you communicate you are cooked.

7. . oh now u want me to type in a fancy grammar?? hell no. im not going to sit down and type so intelligically! pfttt..

perhaps because you just can't...?

if u dont like my grammar. then too bad.

I have nothing against your grammar. I just stated I could spot the "deaf" way right away. There is nothing wrong with "deaf' way, as I've said in other threads it's a language specific for people who grew up not hearing and often signing early.
It's a language in it's own right and nothing's wrong with it.
nevertheless I can see the difference. I do not mean anything bad by that.

anway ... if people were learn how to speak by speech teacher and it automically that we have a bad grammar??! (unless is that what u think?!)

That I don't know. It probably depends on many factors- was the person born deaf, or lost her hearing after learning how to speak, or before speech.
Is the person completely deaf or can hear some, is the person of deaf parents or of hearing parents, etc..
Is the person motivated to learn to the best to her/his ability wants to work real hard or just so-so. Is the teacher really good or just so-so.

One thing is for sure this very sentence of yours above, the way you wrote it it is not the way hearing person would do it. You half " speak", half "sign". And you misspelled one word because it's probably how you "hear" it- or imagine how it sounds: "Automically".
It's 'automatically', and I don't think hearie would mispell it like that.
Why- because if they misspelled they would write it "by ear" and I doubt a hearie pronounce -'automically'.
also, no hearing person would misspell 'intelligently' like you did - again simply because by 'playing it by ear' it doesn't sound antyhing like "intelligically".

Again nothing wrong with that, you use the language specific for deaf pple.
I am not saying it's a lesser language it's just like English and French, for example.

8. When the baby is born, its brain is like a clean slate.

??????????????????? You lost me here...I see no sense at all.

9. i dont struggle so much as u thought!!

You struggle like any deaf person would in hearing enviroment.

10. my mentality is GREAT!!! i dont know why u think its all about mentality.. obviously you have meet alot of depressing deaf who is not happy with their life.. thats really SAD!

IT IS about mentality. It is about how you feel about yourself.
And you obviously missed my point- completely.

Fuzzy

Well, your logical is completely out of way. Please read more careful. I said I'm proud of who I am and why should I change myself to hear things? That is what im trying to say. I do not want a CI because I felt there is not a problem with me. Even im completely. Because I was taught to accept who I am regardless.

I didn't IMPLY this. I said whoever consider the baby or young children should have a CI WITHOUT asking them if it is okay. I never say that whoever has a CI is not proud of themselves. I just say that the parent should accept them regardless. Until the children reach at maturity age and decide if they want to have a CI or not. That is what I'm trying to explain. Do you get it?

Like I mention earlier. I disagree with the concept of making a decision to implant the CI in children without asking them. Your view of my understanding is completely wrong.

Ok I misunderstood you there. Sorry. (about the lady who consider herself as a deformity)

You asked me if I do consider wearing a glasses as a sign of deformity. No because they cant help for being not able to see and that is require for them to see things better. Don't say That is same concept with hearing. Like I told you before I just simply disagree the concept of parents implant the CI in young ages without asking them. If they have reach at maturity age and want to have a CI that is absolutely fine with me. Some of you saying the children make an immaturity decision. I can see what they are trying to say but why cant they just wait until maturity age. i know U mention its the best way to do it early as possible. Some of people who had a CI at adult and they turn out just fine! The parents could have the younger to learn how to speak and teach them how to read lips.. Using hearing aids for now until they reach at the maturity age to make their own decision not upon the parents's.

SAMe difference! (the captions)

Well sorry to disappoint you but they were so eager to learn sign language because they WANT to! . They want to learn! I never ask them to learn a word! They just want to! Are you saying that u think my parents and siblings are pitying me because I cant speak or learn how to speak so at this point they have no choice but to learn how to sign so they could communicate with me?????????

Excuse me... I can type in a better grammar but I just don't want to sit and adjust my grammar constantly. Im just typing "out loud" without sit and read it repeat to make sure its in perfect grammar. Don't insult me!

??? U said U have nothing against my grammar but U just said.... "perhaps because you just can't...?"
To me U are "belittle" me just because I have a "bad" grammar.

Haha.. Since U bring this up... Hearing people DO NOT spell perfectly! I just happen to be the worst speller! Not just because im deaf! UGH! Even my best friend who is hearing and she spell the worst also! Can U explain that?!

Oh you know everything about me? Sorry you have got it all wrong! Im sorry to disappoint you but I do not struggle in hearing world most of the time. There is once in a while I had run into some problem such as somebody stood behind me and speak to me and didn't realize im deaf.

Its about how I feel about myself?? You miss my point also. I told you... Im FINE being as a DEAF! Being deaf doesn't affect my mentality!

I've generally seen two arguments against CIs in children.

The first is "surgery is risky/cruel". This, I think, is a strawman. The longest stay in the hospital, under normal conditions, is 1-2 days - any veteran of surgery will tell you that this is not a big deal. It compares with having your tonsils out, for some people! From that, we can extrapolate to say that the surgery really isn't all that risky, and all reports are that the surgery isn't all that painful either (not to say that it doesn't hurt - but it's no worse than most minor surgeries, which is to say that it's not cruel at all, particularly given the potential benefits of the surgery).

So the other argument seems to be the driving force: the status of CIs as a threat to Deaf culture. What I don't understand is how this is any different from hearing aids. My parents could have chosen, for example, to not offer hearing aids until I was "mature". But then, my hearing and speech would have been negatively impacted. I got my hearing aids soon after I was diagnosed with a hearing loss, but I still have the choice today to wear hearing aids or not. Similarly, waiting to implant a CI (for those who are candidates) is, in effect, taking away a choice. But early implantation doesn't force an individual to wear the processor for the rest of their life - it just keeps their options open. To invoke the old cliche, choosing not to choose is still a choice - and it still has consequences.

Yep, I will have to agree, after all the hooting and hollering, it simply comes down to this.

I will say that it more directly comes down to the fear what CIs will do to deaf culture pure and simple...nothing more or less. If HAs didn't destroy it, then I can't see how CIs will do so either.

Like Ismi said, that has been my position too that if a child who grows up decides they don't want to hear, that is their choice. I prefer to give children options to decide when they are able to do so. Verbal language development is ruled by biology not philosophy.

LisaMarie said:
I didn't IMPLY this. I said whoever consider the baby or young children should have a CI WITHOUT asking them if it is okay. I never say that whoever has a CI is not proud of themselves. I just say that the parent should accept them regardless. Until the children reach at maturity age and decide if they want to have a CI or not. That is what I'm trying to explain. Do you get it?

It is a parent's duty to do what they believe is best for the wellbeing of their child. I don't think ANY parent will submit their child to surgery for a CI without having educated themselves and decided along with a health practitioner that this is in their best interests. That's what parents DO.

As stated earlier in this discussion- the brain of a very young child can adapt to a CI better than one who is older. (Which is why, even after 24 years of deafnessI was able to adapt to my CI very eaily - since I could HEAR for 9 years of my childhood.) -if you WAIT until a child can talk to you and understand the implications of a CI and then tell you whether or not they "want one" you can miss that window of opportunity and it will make it that much harder for them to adapt to it.

If they chose not to use the CI then they can simply not use the processor or have the implant removed when they are an adult - but again I do believe the parents have the right to make the decisions that are necessary to ensure their children do not have to struggle. I had a friend in school who had polio as a child and had to wear leg braces to keep her legs from bowing in. She HATED them. They HURT.... but she walks normally as an adult and knows her parents forced her to wear them because they had her best interests in mind. That's not to say if they HADN'T, she wouldn't be successful - but she would have been confined to a wheelchair - if you have the possiblity there to help and make life easier for somebody down the road - I think that as long as the parents are educated, it should be a non-issue.

LisaMarie said:
. if the parents felt so strongly that their kids shld have a CI... obviously they dont accept them?? since its just my opinion.. sorry if i have offensive or anything...

Thanks for the no offense comment but to tell you the truth, I am sick and tired of some people in the deaf community saying that we as parents don't accept our children simply because we have chosen an CI for them. Nothing can be further from the truth and I would challenge ANYone to show me proof of this. You can't read my mind and you have no idea why I made my decision. The best way to find out is to simply ask. I can almost guarantee you that the answer will have nothing to do with acceptance and more to do with our desire for our children to have the best chances at achievement. I do respect your opinion but completely disagree with it.

Lisamarie,
your replies show you rather miss the points I and other people try make to you.

For example:

First of all when you say you don't want CI because you are proud of who you are YOU IMPLY anybody who think differently is therefore NOT PROUD, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with children.

Second, once the child grows up IS TOO LATE for the FULL BENEFIT of CI GET IT ?

If they have reach at maturity age and want to have a CI that is absolutely fine with me.

It might be TOO LATE !!!!!!

Third, CI is simply like enhanced HA used to improve communicationg with outside world, and just because one is implanted it doesn't mean one has stopped being deaf - CI wearers are still DEAF DEAF DEAF DEAF DEAF - got it?
It does not mean automatically that the parents does not accept deafness.
It's up to them however if they choose to keep the child in deaf culture also, which I recommend.
But CI alone does not make a person "hearing". Try to understand it.

And how do you think I felt when I read this:
oh now u want me to type in a fancy grammar?? hell no. im not going to sit down and type so intelligically! pfttt..

That wasn't beittling?, no, that was very polite and symphathetic of you (NOT!!).

And you are right not all hearing people can spell but what you failed to understand when they mis-spell it sounds how they say it,
when a deaf person mis-spell it sound like they THINK it sounds which sometimes it's not the right way.
That is how I can spot the difference.
If you hear well you spell the way the word is said properly.

Fuzzy

rockdrummer said:
Thanks for the no offense comment but to tell you the truth, I am sick and tired of some people in the deaf community saying that we as parents don't accept our children simply because we have chosen an CI for them. Nothing can be further from the truth and I would challenge ANYone to show me proof of this. You can't read my mind and you have no idea why I made my decision. The best way to find out is to simply ask. I can almost guarantee you that the answer will have nothing to do with acceptance and more to do with our desire for our children to have the best chances at achievement. I do respect your opinion but completely disagree with it.
Finally... THANK YOU for not being so nasty toward me. i appericate your input. NOW i understand why! :)

Audiofuzzy said:
Lisamarie,
your replies show you rather miss the points I and other people try make to you.

For example:

First of all when you say you don't want CI because you are proud of who you are YOU IMPLY anybody who think differently is therefore NOT PROUD, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with children.

Second, once the child grows up IS TOO LATE for the FULL BENEFIT of CI GET IT ?

If they have reach at maturity age and want to have a CI that is absolutely fine with me.

It might be TOO LATE !!!!!!

Third, CI is simply like enhanced HA used to improve communicationg with outside world, and just because one is implanted it doesn't mean one has stopped being deaf - CI wearers are still DEAF DEAF DEAF DEAF DEAF - got it?
It does not mean automatically that the parents does not accept deafness.
It's up to them however if they choose to keep the child in deaf culture also, which I recommend.
But CI alone does not make a person "hearing". Try to understand it.

And how do you think I felt when I read this:
oh now u want me to type in a fancy grammar?? hell no. im not going to sit down and type so intelligically! pfttt..

That wasn't beittling?, no, that was very polite and symphathetic of you (NOT!!).

And you are right not all hearing people can spell but what you failed to understand when they mis-spell it sounds how they say it,
when a deaf person mis-spell it sound like they THINK it sounds which sometimes it's not the right way.
That is how I can spot the difference.
If you hear well you spell the way the word is said properly.

Fuzzy

GROW UP! you have spoke your mind out so do i! just let it go!!! GEE!

Back