Cat fight off dog attacking boy

Because she was running to get her rape whistle. They don't allow guns in California.

Wrong! It depend on where you live in California . People had guns in Northern California . I lived in Whitethorn ,Ca. in the early 70's and the old timers would shot their guns off on July 4 . People have guns in California, not everyone follows the gun law.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I think Tara the cat doesn't care about publicity.

Yeah that is one great thing about pets they do not have big egos and I bet Tara did not worry if the TV camera made her butt look big. :giggle:

I actually breed dogs and have my animal rehabilitation license along with a few others, and that dog wasn't hunting anything.

With all due respect, that doesn't mean anything.
I know quite a number of licensed dogs trainers who are just mediocre.

Fuzzy

It's not fishy at all. Dogs usually react when they see small kids or bikes. They don't even snarl at first. They just charge, trust me. I used to be in newspaper route for two years and had to deal with dog encounters daily. Sometimes I had to bribe them with food a few times so I can drop off a newpspaer on the porch. Dogs are extremely territorial, and see a bike or small kid as a threat.

No sound is usually a hunting/attacking behaviour. you wouldn't warn a prey you are coming in, would you?

You snarl or bark when you warn off.

Fuzzy

Peeps, PLEASE read carefully the whole article BEFORE you post your comments.

1. The mother run after the dog to see where it went and make sure it won't come back. just to the edge of the car and back.
2. The dog hates the kids and bikes.
3. It bit the kid on the leg.
4. The cat, Tara, a female, was adopted by boy's family in 2008.
5. the whole thing - 45 min, was caught by CCTV and then after editing posted on YT.
6. the injuries were nasty, but not too bad, and required stiches.

anything else?
btw, all this and more is clearly stated and readily available on many easily found on Google online articles.
You just want to find them.

[WATCH] Boy Saved By Cat Full Video: Surveillance Cameras Catch Dog Attack - Hollywood Life

Fuzzy

I don't think size matters-- more so the breed. Jack Russell terriers are super high maintenance and can be very high strung and hyper. Not all are but it's general. Bigger dogs like..hm not really sure but have read that labs and retrievers can be very mellow. The Chow I mentioned apparently was fairly mellow with the three girls always playing around him- that I know of. Opposite is true too.. some breeds of small dogs are mellow and low maintenance and some larger breeds are super hyper.

If a dog get enough exercise and fed good dog food it will be more mellower. Finlay who was a standard poodle needed to get a lot of exercise if he didn't he would get very restless . Marty get tried very fast b/c of his health issues . I wonder if that dog that bite the boy was even trained or got enough attention.

Back