Carved Shell Silicone Ear Molds..better for severe to profound.

Mmmm...those look neat....I may need to check into them next time I am due for molds

I'm not due for new molds until like June, but I think I'm going to go early and ask about these because I hate my mold with a fiery burning passion. It's been 7 months and I still have a sore in my ear from the damn thing.

Plus I should insist on another hearing test, it's been a little over a year. I better not get a hard time about it. Any body else ever had a hard time getting an audiologist to give one? I've had 2 different ones do that. About 3 years ago I scheduled one, I didn't have insurance but I had the money to pay for it and I suspected that I had more loss. The audi didn't want to give me one, wanted to save me money, so he checked my ears, pulled out some impacted wax, hooked up my HAs to the computer and found that things had somehow turned themselves down, so he cranked everything up to the aids max. he insisted that my hearing had been the same for awhile now and that I shouldn't have any more loss. Wrong. At some point after that i dropped from to severe to profound in one ear and from profound to profound to no response in the other. So anyway, I knew I had more loss and last January I went for another hearing test. Long story but I ended up at another audi and got new aids, which was in June, almost 6 months later and I'm still pretty sure I had even more loss since last january and I asked that audi twice to give me another hearing test to make sure he set my new aids right. He wouldn't do it. WHY?? Do they not like money?? I'd pay for the damn thing sheesh!

I'm not due for new molds until like June, but I think I'm going to go early and ask about these because I hate my mold with a fiery burning passion. It's been 7 months and I still have a sore in my ear from the damn thing.

Is the sore from the sticky up bit at the top? You gonna choose a color, this time? I found almond oil to solve my sores. I still use it now as it helps to get tight fitting molds in the ear :) Almond oil also doesn't learn your skin in your ear yucky as well.

Is the sore from the sticky up bit at the top? You gonna choose a color, this time? I found almond oil to solve my sores. I still use it now as it helps to get tight fitting molds in the ear :) Almond oil also doesn't learn your skin in your ear yucky as well.

yep, I think so. I want to get clear with silver glitter I think :D Good tip thanks :D

Found this picture the other day of silver glitter :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 34
OFF TOPIC

I may well be showing my age! But . . . I have been seeing <3 around (including NaidaUP's signature) and can't seem to figure it out so decided to ask meaning.

there was a couple times where the molds was causing a sore and it was due to a bad mold that had an extra bump in it somewhere for some reason. So what I did was use a emery nail file and filed down the offending spot daily, little by little till it stop hurting and sore started to heal. I have gone back for a remake of mold , but at the time I wasnt available to do that.

OFF TOPIC

I may well be showing my age! But . . . I have been seeing <3 around (including NaidaUP's signature) and can't seem to figure it out so decided to ask meaning.

It's a heart, sideways, but a heart......you <3 blue ;)

there was a couple times where the molds was causing a sore and it was due to a bad mold that had an extra bump in it somewhere for some reason. So what I did was use a emery nail file and filed down the offending spot daily, little by little till it stop hurting and sore started to heal. I have gone back for a remake of mold , but at the time I wasnt available to do that.

What's causing my sore isn't that's it too big or has a bump on it, it's shaped weird, nothing I can file down, I have a pic on here I'm crunched for time right now though, I'll link it later.

You can only file down hard molds, can't you?

Thank you. I sure didn't figure it out myself. I wonder if what font is used makes a difference in how easy it is to recognize?

On FB, the < and 3 together actually changes it to a heart, the right way up.

Audi here has a machine to smoothen off the pointy bit at the top, much better now.

I've used a dremel tool to file down bothersome spots on soft earmolds before, works well. have used a regular nail file too for the same type of mold.

Sealed Ears

I wear such silicone carved shells and thick walled tubes in both ears every day...it´s working fine with me, my ears are really sealed:eek3: so I can hear better. Even when I eat, they stay tight...it takes a while to get use to it, but I`m fine with them...I can hear!

Last edited:
I have done this and it works.. :)

Same here. Jaw aches from keeping it open for so long waiting for ear impressions to harden. And it's weird when you mouth dries up but you can't moisten it. Uncomfortable. But you get very close fitting molds as a result that minimise the annoying feedback.

Im not sure why but everytime i get tight fitting molds my ears end up being rubbed raw in some place until the have lots shaved off to the point i dont seem to get a good seal anymore

Back