Can You Hear or Feel The Music?.....

If I got my hearings aids in I can hear music but still don't understand the words.

Cannot stand modern or classical music ... just a loud bunch of noise to me!

Don't mind the rock 'n' roll rhythm or opera singing, especially Mario Lanza who is my fav. :)

I can hear what words said but will missed some. Yes, i'm HOH.

IPOD is what i have to hear the musics, everyday at work to keep me chill-

with my hearing aids in I can hear the music but not the words.

Same here..unless I memorize the lyrics. I worked so hard memorizing the lyrics of the 80s pop songs so whenever they are played on CD or radio, I still can identify the songs and words. Not too bad for someone with a profound bilateral loss of 120 dB!

When I have music I feel alive.

DJ Tiesto's Adiago for Strings makes me feel like Im flying through a perfect blue sky.

Darren Hayes makes me feel like Im riding a neon bird through time.

I can hear the music, I can feel the beat vibrating down my spine, its insane to know how much I feel with music. One of the reasons that deep down I want to be a pop star knowing how much I feel.

Metal gives me really intense feelings and visions. Techno - WOW alot of colors especially blue and green.

Am I the only one that feels this much?

When I have music I feel alive.

DJ Tiesto's Adiago for Strings makes me feel like Im flying through a perfect blue sky.

Darren Hayes makes me feel like Im riding a neon bird through time.

I can hear the music, I can feel the beat vibrating down my spine, its insane to know how much I feel with music. One of the reasons that deep down I want to be a pop star knowing how much I feel.

Metal gives me really intense feelings and visions. Techno - WOW alot of colors especially blue and green.

Am I the only one that feels this much?

U are NOT the only one! Man, if I go to a club and hear intense music, I just lose myself in the music for hours and hours...great stress reliever!!!

A bouta Music ...

I grew up listenin' to music on stereo or radio, cassette player and records back in the 70's to the 80, I have family that hears and listens to music also my daddy plays all kinds of instrument, harmonia, guitar, banjo and more, I even learned how to plays the guitar by readin' the music book "Love Somebody, Yes I Do" and harmonia. I ended up bringin' my dancin' shoes to my Elementary school and puttin' on my dancin' shoes started dancin' in front of everybody, I'm soo embarassed and I even sings too, the class looks at me like what the hell, heh LOL!

I remember when I was 14, I listened to Crystal Gayle, love this song called "Baby, What About Youuuuu". and back in the 90's heard on radio Teresa Yearwood singin' "She's In Love With The Boyyy" and I was singin' this to this hearin' guy while we was makin' out, Oops! LOL

My mom's sister's husband and nephew plays instrument, very good also my cousin has his own band called Fantasy Midnight and the band split after he got married and had kids, good gravy, LOL!

Then in the 90's to now I have CD player, all kinds of music to listens to and plus I can catch some of the words they said like "We Will ROCK You" and "Feels Like Makin' Love" and "My Girl", "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way" and "Fire Inside", Sweet Home Alabama", there's too much I can really catch what they says, too much to listed...

I love Music, it lifted my spirits, makes me happy and makes me feels good and warm all over, I love the vibration "Boom" sounds.

I love Bette Midler, I love her voice, I love the way it sounds, I even like Julie Andrew sings in the movie Sound of Music, love that too.

I cannot resisted music, I must have it, I wish my man can hear, he can hears onlys the boom (vibration), I have feelin' for many deaf who cannot hears, wish they could hears it, they would go wild, LOL!

Oh oh oh I love Third Eye Blind, "Never Let You Go", very hot!:P

Ummm I even like KID ROCK, heh LOL!:giggle:

Endymion when he just woke up and is stumbling out of bed in groggy bliss: "Is that Hanson, or is the neighbor trying to drown his cat again?"

ok, that just made me laugh! I actually enjoy Hanson's music. Have you heard their new stuff lately? :)

I enjoy listening to music. Mostly pop/rock, some R&B, with words. Definitely NO bass turned on, please. I hate the bass with music. When I listen to a new song, I have no idea what it's about so I have to go find the words and read along when I listen. After reading the lyrics a few times, then I can listen to the song without needing to read for the most part... will be able to understand most words but not all of them. And I'm horrible at memorizing songs.

Ever since I got my new Naida hearing aid, I've mainly been listening to old familiar songs, songs I can easily recognize. At first, bassboost was turned on for my HA, so the music sounded horrible. But it's better now with bassboost off, but still sounds different. But it sounds good, and that's all that matters to me. :)

I can still listen to music with my HA's and the DAI input. I still can recite all the songs I learned from before 1999 (when I lost my hearing) and now have more difficult time. I am somewhat afraid to sing anymore though; I loved to sing before and had great range across multiple octaves. If Im alone, i will sing songs i knew from before. Although not understanding all lyrics now, i do appreciate watching any Shakira video. :giggle:

I am able to hear the music -- I don't understand the words. The music must not be too loud.

I don't have hearing aids.

Can hear some of the music (the beat), but not understand words or 'melody'.
Also feel it too.

And I tend to like 'metal' and energetic music, at the right volume (not to where it makes me sick from vibration) but play other types of music also.

Same here..unless I memorize the lyrics. I worked so hard memorizing the lyrics of the 80s pop songs so whenever they are played on CD or radio, I still can identify the songs and words. Not too bad for someone with a profound bilateral loss of 120 dB!

Heh, you've done better than me. I can't identify most songs but I still can recognize Thriller as it always begins with a scream. Nor can I remember the words to a song that I did for the MSSD concert. The only words I can remember from Flashdance is "What a feeling" That's about it.

Beethoven is the only classical music I can identify. I can id other classical music but because no one told me what I was listening to, I have no idea who I am listening to.

i can hear, but cant hear the lyrics, maybe 5- 10 words at random

aI like classical, jazz, electronica and the old dub (pre-electronica) some rock from the 70s 80's as their instruments are well separated and does have a rhythm unlike todays musics its so bland and flat, the voices are even worse smeared and barely recognisable. also had to watch the volume and not play music for too long due to real bad tinnitus.
to give a rough idea what i like for each genres are;

tbh i like electronica the most, theres some really really good ones......

Jazz -duke ellington, miles davis, chet baker
classical -beethoven, choplin, mozart
rock- the cars,split enz, police, eagles, INXS,
electronica - trancedayproject, plastikman, daft punk, yello (it was way ahead of its time, im talking about before they got famous from the ferris beuller's days off film...)
pop - madonna, van halen,
female - bjork, sinad o'connor,
male - paul young,paul simon, perry como (yes thats old)
dub,- Almamagretta, african head charge, little britain

theres more and I HTH

Prior to receiving my first CI in 2004 I had bilateral severe-profound hearing loss and listened to music using direct audio input (DAI). Much of what I heard was limited to percussion and indistinguishable male vocals. Understanding song lyrics was impossible unless it was a song I was familiar with in which case I'd understand a few words here and there.

Now that I have CIs, I'm able to identify individual instruments and understand the lyrics to most songs especially if they are familiar.

In fact, one of the things I enjoy most is reading lyrics (mostly to unfamiliar songs -- although there have been quite a few familiar songs I've looked at) on the Internet using my Braille display and following along while the music plays in the background.

I forgot to mention something.... at concerts, my hearing aid is off and in my pocket. Hearing aid on, all I hear is noise noise noise. Hearing aid off, I can hear the music that is being blasted from the speakers. Depending on where I am at the venue, if I'm close to a speaker the volume is perfect, but if I'm not close to a speaker then the music is quiet but I can usually figure out what song is being played if I'm familiar with it. And I've only been to 3 concerts total so far.

Feel the music here.

Haven't been able to hear lyrics since I was 15, the last time I was able to follow along to a Ramones song.

I like most kinds of music, even the non-lyrical compositions which are mostly found in classical music. One non-lyrical rock song which really impressed me was Eric Johnsons's guitar work on "Cliffs of Dover". It's on the album "Ah Via Musicom". Check it out and be prepared to have your socks blown off. :cool2:
But, back to the topic of this thread, I can hear music well enough to play but not enough to identify notes/chords by ear. Give me the sheet music/lead sheet and a CD of the song and I'm good to go. Playing in a band or group ensemble is great but the volume of all instruments playing together will sometimes drown out the vocals and I have to really concentrate on staying in tempo to know when to segue into the next part of the song like chorus or bridge/tag, etc.

Back