Can You Hear or Feel The Music?.....

Miss-Delectable said:
I can state this with an absolute certainty: I HATE heavy metal. :P

Why, shakes the floor too much? You'd hate living with me. ;)

In one respect I have normal hearing--but I also have synesthesia, and metal makes the "inner-visual" reactions to the music REALLY intense, which is one reason I like it.

(P.S.: Yes, there IS metal out there that doesn't have ugly lyrics. :) )

I don't like heavy metal either or raps....

I like soft music ....

Yeah I love music any kind. I cant hear the words but instruments yes. I have numerous cds it's great. I would feel awkward when theres a radio talk on the stereo or in car stereo I hate that.

Rose Immortal said:

In one respect I have normal hearing--but I also have synesthesia, and metal makes the "inner-visual" reactions to the music REALLY intense, which is one reason I like it.

*smiles* Well, I dislike heavy metal because of their lyrics and I also dislike how it felt when it was booming.

Why, I could feel heavy metal thundering in my body hours after I got out of this noisy place one early morning. Yuck.

Well, the stuff I've got for the most part, has good lyrics. But the booming, I don't think I could do anything about. ;)

I have to "hear" music to inspire me for two art projects for an Advanced Drawing class... :sure: I got enough guts to just turn in a BLANK to professor and say: "That is what music inspires me." This project is a subjective drawing where you can spontateoustly express what you feel like when you hear two different kinds of music (must be instrumental... I assume it means no words??).

Fun fun fun...

I can HEAR the music if it is LOUD enough-- enough to break the windows. I think I will draw in my car with my radio turning all WAY up and I park all way OUT in East (rural area) so nobody won't be pissed off at me for breaking their windows.

I used to turn up my radio to keep me awake with the vibrations. Not to 'listen'... my husband does. He would put on his favorite CD (tribal music) and turned on his hearing aid and "shh-shh'ed" me. :slap:

Anyway-- WHAT IS MY POINT????
ANy recommendations for instrumental music??? I know NOTHING about music.

Rose Immortal said:

Offtopic: Do you happen to like Tool? I'd imagine they've have some really interesting effects with synesthesia

travisdoesmath said:
Offtopic: Do you happen to like Tool? I'd imagine they've have some really interesting effects with synesthesia

Lateralus I like, and yeah, there are some really neat patterns that come from it. :)

I haven't tried the other albums because I think I might find the lyrics too distracting.

gnarlydorkette said:
ANy recommendations for instrumental music??? I know NOTHING about music.

gnarlydorkette, try the all girl string quartet called BOND, they do great instrumental music, and if you get one of their older albums, called 'born' (which will probably be cheaper by now, since they have a new one out), then I can tell you there are some great songs on there that have awesome vibrations and sound good up loud to me. :) There is a modern version they did of 'the 1812' with the cannon fire in it and everything which I like to play LOUD in my car! :lol: That is a very famous piece, so your teacher would have heard of it too. HTH. :)

For non-lyrical stuff, there's always the work of George Winston but the only instrument he uses is a piano and it's fascinating and divine. Ask the hearing people here....

HoneyShot said:
gnarlydorkette, try the all girl string quartet called BOND, they do great instrumental music, and if you get one of their older albums, called 'born' (which will probably be cheaper by now, since they have a new one out), then I can tell you there are some great songs on there that have awesome vibrations and sound good up loud to me. :) There is a modern version they did of 'the 1812' with the cannon fire in it and everything which I like to play LOUD in my car! :lol: That is a very famous piece, so your teacher would have heard of it too. HTH. :)

My parents own that album...hopefully you'll like it. :)

You may also want to watch Fantasia and Fantasia 2000...classical music, neat animations--always a favorite of mine. :)

The only thing I'd warn you about with Fantasia is that like any purely classical work, there are extreme variations in volume so you'll be cranking it for a few minutes for really quiet parts--then getting it REALLY loud for the loud parts. That may not be your cup of tea, depending on how much you find you have to adjust the volume.

A good question! I feel the vibration in the closed room but don’t understand what the music talks about. I like to dance, can dance without the music because I have the rhythmic in my body.

I wonder about the music is for Deaf's world? :shock:

Beethoven's 9th

Cheri said:
Both, I cannot hear the words in the songs, but I can hear the sound of music ,the beat in my heart, and the vibrations to feel the musicl. Sometimes It's hard to know if the songs really a slow dancing song or fast dancing song, I just followed the people on the dance floor. :giggle:

Interesting

I was always fascinated by the way my favorite Classical musician wrote his masterpiece while he was totally deaf,
(in the ears anyways.)

I would love to read a description of what people without functional ears feel like when Beethoven's 9th is played, especially on a high quality stereo with good Bass . . .

There's something about certain parts of it that rattles the heart in a way that I suppose only people with disabled ears could adequately appreciate the subtle empowerment of it . . .

I can hear the music, but can't understand the words. I prefer the 70's variety country music, as well as jazz. The loud rock and the boom, boom-boom music actually hurts my ears.

when i am in band, i can't hear the low instruments, but i can feel them through the bell of my french horn.

i love all music, but then again, that's my job. :aw:

pek1 said:
I can hear the music, but can't understand the words.
Same here.. I can hear music with help of hearing aid.. but I have difficulty understanding words.. Most of the time I have to read written records of songs :ugh: I have problems with low voices and female voices as well

To be honest, I used to hear music, but when I kept losing my hearing through the years, I cannot hear the same anymore even it is very hard to sounding out who is singing, unless I watched MTV or Country, I can turn up the volume and hear Faith Hill's songs. I admire her because her songs are something I like to listen to. One of my favorite is "This Kiss" ;)

I forgot to add that when turning up the volume, I can read the closed caption and sing along, while hearing the beat of the music.

i can hear the music not the words just the sounds of the music when i am near the wall
i can feel the music

beats and vibrations

I wish I can hear my dad's playing band on a guitar. :( But I can feel the music. I can hear the music with hearing aids. Not a word. I just feeling it's rhythm in my ears. If I take a CI. I will hear my dad's music for SURE!!! I love all the music.

Back