Can A Big Age Difference Between Two People Hurt The Relationship?

If she is in her 30s, she is fully an adult and it is her absolute right. I however do not agree that men older than 30 should date a woman younger than 21.

True age is a number , but when it come to 16 to 17 years old girls that still against law to date someone older themselves. I prerfer to wait til my daughter 18 years old to do what she want at the legal age. :)

Oh yeah I competely agreed with that GarnetTigerMom, I didn't meant it that way...

I got a question for y'll. What if a woman whose is 55 years old and the man is 30 years old, both are engaged. The man has slept with the woman's son before. What do you think?

Just follow in love... importance thing..

isn't care about numbers..

Myhubby and I are close age group.. but still we are in love strong..

My ex was 18 years older than me. I see no difference. The only thought that I had was soul, mind and the heart... these 3 things are ageless and, so is love. :)

Liebling,

That was in 1957 when my parents got married. I'm not sure what the law were at that time. But my parents were married and been married for 50 years. I realize that the law today is different. Long time ago it was very common for people to get married very young, even much younger than my mom was. If it was up to my children, I would prefer that they get married past 21 years old so that they would be mature enough to handle marriage life. I grew up in a very loving home and very happy home. So I have no complaint on my mom married so young. My parents raised me and my younger brother very well. And they're our role model on how I raise our children since. Our five children totally respect us and love us very much and we do the same for them. My brother has 7 children with whom he and his wife has risen them very well in a very loving home. They are very close to all their 7 children.

Sure, age is just a number UNTIL your bones tell ya otherwise! :giggle:

UMMMM.... My mom is 65 yrs old and my step dad is 45 yrs old (20 years apart) and they have been married 20 yrs now (i think) and many people mistake him for my brother but wasn't my brother except he's my step dad!!!! Sheesh but what worst than this... My sister and my step dad are same age but different birth month... Funny thing that before i met my wife and i used to date an older guy who was 15 years older than me as i didn't care what people think of us but i dumped him for a good reason!!!!! Good riddance of him!!!!!!

Last edited:
Liebling,

That was in 1957 when my parents got married. I'm not sure what the law were at that time. But my parents were married and been married for 50 years. I realize that the law today is different. Long time ago it was very common for people to get married very young, even much younger than my mom was. If it was up to my children, I would prefer that they get married past 21 years old so that they would be mature enough to handle marriage life. I grew up in a very loving home and very happy home. So I have no complaint on my mom married so young. My parents raised me and my younger brother very well. And they're our role model on how I raise our children since. Our five children totally respect us and love us very much and we do the same for them. My brother has 7 children with whom he and his wife has risen them very well in a very loving home. They are very close to all their 7 children.

I am pretty sure way back then in 50 s and way back no law were against young boys and girls in their teenage years to get fall in love and get married. But today is much more different now because teenagers have to get permission from their parents to get married with good reasons. It not like in the past. Today much changed for younger adults teenagers due to their age.

I got a question for y'll. What if a woman whose is 55 years old and the man is 30 years old, both are engaged. The man has slept with the woman's son before. What do you think?

I'd say they all need some therapy!:giggle:

I hope you don't mind my curious question.

As far as I know US law about rape staturary. I know from several threads that many parents press charge against 18 or 19 years old for involved with few years young girls in America. It look like that your grandparents are open mind and accept your mom's love for your dad. Right?

HEHE, well, todays laws in many way are for only in political issues and "business" to make money. Those days in the past using common sense, but not today. There are some things I agree in some way, but sadly, many abusing it and lead many innocent people in bad name and lack of info of the situation. Like saturory rape, indecent exposures, and any other things by labeling without info which encourage other to get hype to hurt the person who has been accuse. And btw, age is just a number. I have seen several who has distant age difference having a great relationship. My bf and i are 20 yrs difference and we ve been having a good relationship and its been 4 yrs now. Mostly bec looking for mature person. Many younguns been saying people of their age is too immature. So, each person has a different views. Mostly looking at the looks than what is inside of the person.

I would say that it depends on the circumstances.

If they are truly in love, great. If it's something else, no.

HEHE, well, todays laws in many way are for only in political issues and "business" to make money. Those days in the past using common sense, but not today. There are some things I agree in some way, but sadly, many abusing it and lead many innocent people in bad name and lack of info of the situation. Like saturory rape, indecent exposures, and any other things by labeling without info which encourage other to get hype to hurt the person who has been accuse. And btw, age is just a number. I have seen several who has distant age difference having a great relationship. My bf and i are 20 yrs difference and we ve been having a good relationship and its been 4 yrs now. Mostly bec looking for mature person. Many younguns been saying people of their age is too immature. So, each person has a different views. Mostly looking at the looks than what is inside of the person.

*nodding* I can see that the parents use those law as an excuse against legal age that's because they don't like 18 or few years more guy, their 17 years old daughters involve with.

Back