Can a baby learn talking when hearing through hearing aids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

it won't be interesting because she won't watch them. I called her bluff and she will just avoid.

It is entirely possible that she has never had the opportunity to speak with someone who doesn't have a "deaf accent", because of the people she encounters, but i have been around many people implanted in very early childhood and i have witnessed it.

:laugh2:

Wirelessly posted

i'm not discussing the why, i'm simply refuting jillio's claim that all deaf people have a "deaf accent". She said she would watch the videos i provided, but she hasn't.

Jillio still claims it, even after having watched your precious videos.:cool2:

Who F******cking CARES if one has a deaf accent or not?

Deaf people who have no speech skills can be smarter than thousands of hearing people. GEEZ @ some of the people who are obsessed with speech skills. :roll:

Deaf people who have no speech skills can be smarter than thousands of hearing people. GEEZ @ some of the people who are obsessed with speech skills. :roll:

I am the 10%

Bingo! And who F***King cares if Jillio is short? That was my whole point.:giggle:

Just a factual information. With early implantation children can pick up their regional accent. For example, an American accent vs a UK regional accent vs an Australian accent.

Here's Hanna of U.K. where her own regional accent can clearly be detected.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtQ6uaz_5qw]Young Cochlear Implant User Playing and Enjoying Music - YouTube[/ame]

Or go to 10:15 in this video of one boy who was implanted very early on and has a pronounced Australian accent.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttd2l9J9oqE]Young boy with implant at 10:15[/ame]

Vs an "American accent"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRuDjhLw-JI]Michael's Story - YouTube[/ame]

By saying that CI recipients implanted at a very young age would be unable to pick up and develop the same regional accent while growing up would be quite misinformed. Three accents in these videos can be distinctly heard of their UK accent, Australian accent and an American accent.

They can do that with HA.:roll:

Even with CI, there is a distinctive pattern over and above the regional accent.

Bingo! And who F***King cares if Jillio is short? That was my whole point.:giggle:

:naughty:

Anyways...I am not against teaching deaf children to develop speech skills but comparing their speech skills is really destructive.

That is what I was implying in my post before. Just to make sure everyone is clear on that.

:)

:naughty:

Anyways...I am not against teaching deaf children to develop speech skills but comparing their speech skills is really destructive.

That is what I was implying in my post before. Just to make sure everyone is clear on that.

:)

Exactly. It sends a horrible message to those kids.

They can do that with HA.:roll:

Even with CI, there is a distinctive pattern over and above the regional accent.

HA YES!!!!!! I drop my ahs and say wicked, but I still have a deaf accent.

Just a factual information. With early implantation children can pick up their regional accent. For example, an American accent vs a UK regional accent vs an Australian accent.

Here's Hanna of U.K. where her own regional accent can clearly be detected.

Or go to 10:15 in this video of one boy who was implanted very early on and has a pronounced Australian accent.

Vs an "American accent"

By saying that CI recipients implanted at a very young age would be unable to pick up and develop the same regional accent while growing up would be quite misinformed. Three accents in these videos can be distinctly heard of their UK accent, Australian accent and an American accent.

But, but, but *everyone* thinks I'm British??!!! :eek3: I profound/severe deaf here. I'm a westcoaster British Columbian where we do not have accent? :roll: Seriously! Who CARES about *deaf* accent??? Why!!??

^^^^^^^ times 1,000,000!!!!!

Who cares!!! We *all* speak different by virtue of our native language. Why should the 'deaf' be treated any different? Freak!! Frack!!

But, but, but *everyone* thinks I'm British??!!! :eek3: I profound/severe deaf here. I'm a westcoaster British Columbian where we do not have accent? :roll: Seriously! Who CARES about *deaf* accent??? Why!!??

Not talking about deaf accent.

The question is "Can a baby learn talking when hearing through hearing aids?" The same question can be asked through a CI, too.

The question is "Can a baby learn talking when hearing through hearing aids?" The same question can be asked through a CI, too.

Did you see the first post by the OP? "I guess that what matters to me most is this: can my baby hear and gradually learn talking only with hearing aids of high quality? Or is implanting our only choice since he is too little to have acquired language skills?"

She wanted to know if babies can learn to talk with hearing aids or if CIs are her only choice.

That question had already occurred to her.

Wirelessly posted

jillio said:
Wirelessly posted

i'm not discussing the why, i'm simply refuting jillio's claim that all deaf people have a "deaf accent". She said she would watch the videos i provided, but she hasn't.

Jillio still claims it, even after having watched your precious videos.:cool2:

so share what phenomes clued you in and at what points in the videos. That is what you claimed you could and did do.

Wirelessly posted

so share what phenomes clued you in and at what points in the videos. That is what you claimed you could and did do.

I find it funny that you keep grinding the oral approach, while the deaf here are telling you to use asl.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back