Calling All Deaf Musicians!

I have been collecting and playing guitars since the early 70s. I also play bass and drums.

As a result of my hearing aids, I am the only one on the praise team at Church that gets a wedge monitor on the stage. All others use in ear monitors.

I played the flute, before I became deaf.
I'm sure if I just follow the sheet music, I won't be too bad.

I was in choir in 4th & 5th grade. Was a lead singer in 5th grade. Played baritone in freshmen year til junior in high school.

I actually compose music. :)

And my husband can actually play 7 different instruments. I wish I could do that! But hey I can compose so that counts! LOL

Last edited:
deaf drummer

Is there a single soul in this forum that can decently play any musical instrument?

I can play drums better than Buddy Rich. Every where I go People say wow that dude can play! But when it comes to getting together with real musicians well people just dont want to be in a band with a deaf dude.

I can still play only by mustle memory I just recently became HOH and its been tragic leaving my orchestra behind..

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Haha, I'm a percussionist, and the best in my school...
My band instructor didn't find out I have a severe loss until I told him! He was shocked.. lol

Me back in 1987

I play guitar ( taught by my dad)
Took 4 years of piano and compose my own music
play harmonica/violin/banjo/

Played in several bands
SilverMist...my band
One Last Time... a friends band
Off Centre...went professional after I left and still playing, has some you tube vids but not of the good songs, Jimmi is the lead guitarist and their Photographer Marrissa I taught in school for darkroom tech.

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4
I play keyboard and guitar. My hearing was deteriorating and I found that music was getting very muddy. Wearing earplugs to protect the hearing I do have made it even worse. Last year I decided that it was time for some HAs. I got some BTE Phonak's. They have made a huge difference. They have the normal limitations with respect to music fidelity and headroom but they fill the gap in the mids / highs that was making everything so muddy before. I turn them down a few notches and I wear musician's earplugs as well. This is quite an acceptable compromise that gives me reasonable clarity. I am back in a band again and enjoying it a lot.

I was forced to learn the basic lessons of piano when I was kid. My mum was a Lutheran pianist.

I did play a little bit of harmonica, though. And bell choir on Sunday services. So yeah.

Hello everyone! New here. Nice to know there are deaf muscians around!

Deaf since 6 weeks old. Currently, playing piano (keyboard) that was given to me by my dad, a pianist for at least 60 years, about a year ago. Just going with the flow meaning (GASP!) no music sheets. When you're 50, you don't have time to read & think. Just learn the chords and the music will take care of itself! Music runs deep in the family, mainly either piano or guitar. I reckon this qualifies a deaf musician, right? :)

Y'all take it easy and let's rock n roll!

I have been a musician most of my life. I started on drums at the age of 10 and then guitar very soon after.

I played clubs in the Chicago area a lot in the late 70s through the 90s playing rock, blues, and classics.

My hearing started to get pretty bad when I hit my late 30s and is still getting worse.

I am now 51 but still playing guitar on a regular basis.

It is getting more difficult as my hearing gets worse and worse but I'm still hanging in there.

I am on the regular schedule with the praise team at my Church with the help of my hearing aids. My stage volume is a little higher than what they would prefer but they tolerate it.

Here I am with a band I was with a few years ago. Playing the White Strat.

ry%3D400

Played the clarinet for 7 years got bored play the accordion now and love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back