ella said:
dance! dance!, we're falling apart to halftime :wiggle:

i had too

i love my fall out boy(s)

You dance too? Awesome!

me_punctured said:
That was an innuendo, wasn't it? :eek:
Lol, nope, just another dumb joke.
I DO play Candyland with the neighbor's kids when I babysit, though.
:)

I play accordion and melodica. I learned music before I lost my hearing. It was my whole life. I knew I couldn't live without it, so I had to find a way to hold onto it. All I have to do now is keep time by watching my dad's feet, and follow the notes on the page. I chose these instruments because I don't have to hear in order to play on key. I used to play the trumpet, clarinet, flute, and I bet I sounded terrible.

I play the Flute. And Flute is not easy at first when you first learn them, If u play flute then u need lots of air... I was having Diffculty with that

Me, too! I play bass as well as 6-string acoustic and electric guitars. I am hearing impaired and have been playing for 4 years.

We want another video, Defmusicman! Showed the last one to my nephew (who plays bass and keyboards professionally) and also to my BF (who plays keyboards, bass, 6 string, trombone and flute professionally) and they were both very impressed with your skills.:wave:

I am hearing so it probably doesnt count. While I can play the hell out of a set of drums, singing wise, I could not carry a tune if it had a handle. I have seen on this board several musicians that are deaf and / or HOH.

Ahhh.....then you really do know how to play a bass! Evidence is you including the words, pluck, pop, tap, and slap!

Yes, those are the methods I have played before, although my preference is finger plucking toned down to D#.

Yes, those are the methods I have played before, although my preference is finger plucking toned down to D#.
I always like the sound of a slap bass. I always liked that little bass riff that they play on Sinfield.

I play piano. Both before and after the hearing loss. I may not hear what I plau, but since I read music, I'm very fanatical about making sure I do it right. I've been very obsessive like that for a while now.:hmm:

We want another video, Defmusicman! Showed the last one to my nephew (who plays bass and keyboards professionally) and also to my BF (who plays keyboards, bass, 6 string, trombone and flute professionally) and they were both very impressed with your skills.:wave:

Thank you, Jillio for the nice compliments. I'm trying to get the video of my acoustic guitar performance of Tesla's "Signs" on the air one day soon. I have a performance coming up in November and I plan to play the Black Crowe's "Hard to Handle". That should be fun and I'll share the video of that one as well when it's ready. In the meantime, I'll hone my chops playing in the church band every Sunday. Looks like you're surrounded my musicians, huh? I would love to meet a professional bassist and talk shop!

playing decently?

Is there a single soul in this forum that can decently play any musical instrument?

Well, that depends on who is listening to me play my viola. I never worry when I'm playing for deaf audiences, only when I have to play for a hearing audience, then I find myself paying a *lot* more attention to pitch....

Wendy

I have played the piano all my life and I can play pretty freaking decently!

I am a shower singer but I will confess this:

I did a solo once and I was told I have a nice voice and that I would improve greatly if I took voice lessons.

But my voice has changed since then and I have to rehone it. However I can sing a few songs decently. "Casey" by Darren Hayes is one of them - I have the instrumental and I may video and post it here one day.

Back