Calling All Deaf Musicians!

I used to live near Atlanta. For some odd reason I got Deaf people thinking I was born and raised in Georgia. No, moved there before I became a teenager. Norcross, GA to be exact.

welp

kokonut I am familiar with Norcross. are you still in GA at all?
Anyone that CURRENTLY lives near atlanta?
Thx

kokonut I am familiar with Norcross. are you still in GA at all?
Anyone that CURRENTLY lives near atlanta?
Thx

Oh, btw, if you want to hear/see me play the piano type in "kokonutty" in YouTube search and you'll find my channel or visit my Ragtime Piano blogsite in my signature link below.

What!?

Of course there are! "deaf" musicians are often the most passionate musicians! Think of my hero Beethoven! Have you ever heard his 9th symphony? Incredible stuff considering he has totally deaf!

Of course there are! "deaf" musicians are often the most passionate musicians! Think of my hero Beethoven! Have you ever heard his 9th symphony? Incredible stuff considering he has totally deaf!

Late deafened

Right. And it was a maddening time for him, too.

I know. But the poster bringing him up should realize that he had a full life of training and to know what the sounds were before becoming deaf.

So it isn't such a miracle.

i lost my hearing later in life, and i still love to play the guitar and sing. i use a guitar tuner with a mic to make sure i start at the right note, then i just go for it :)

Im a new-b to alldeaf but happy to see this thread!
I play drums, bass (4 & 5 string), 6 & 7 string electric guitars (I loveeeee an Ibanez 7 string), I play bass as well as piano & synths.
Im reaaaaallly happy to know im not alone here! anyone live near atlanta ga?

I'm in Macon, GA

played Flute, Piano, and Volin in long time ago. I not play those then. I am profounded DEAF. Also, I still write song...

I play saxophone (primarily alto.. double on soprano.. tenor if forced to), flute, clarinet, and I sing (ok voice in groups.. a bit deafish so not a great soloist).

I used to be awesome. I've got most of a degree towards music education. Not sure if I can actually play anymore since my bad hearing has become very bad hearing.

I play saxophone (primarily alto.. double on soprano.. tenor if forced to)...clarinet...

Hey, same here! :wave: Alto sax, a bit of soprano, and clarinet. Tried tenor sax, but the instrument was too big for me. I'm a shrimp, haha :lol:

I don't play much anymore. In fact, I haven't touched a sax or clarinet in like 3 years. Maybe I should try again? I dunno...

Hey, same here! :wave: Alto sax, a bit of soprano, and clarinet. Tried tenor sax, but the instrument was too big for me. I'm a shrimp, haha :lol:

I don't play much anymore. In fact, I haven't touched a sax or clarinet in like 3 years. Maybe I should try again? I dunno...

Tenor is just too big for my stubby fingers. I can't reach the low c or Bb keys at all and some others are a hard reach lol.

If you can still hear well enough to play and you really enjoyed it.. what would it hurt? Music therapy is truly a healing thing and playing is a great way to express your feelings if you just can't find the right words for it.

Tenor is just too big for my stubby fingers. I can't reach the low c or Bb keys at all and some others are a hard reach lol.

If you can still hear well enough to play and you really enjoyed it.. what would it hurt? Music therapy is truly a healing thing and playing is a great way to express your feelings if you just can't find the right words for it.

I can't reach a lot of the keys on the tenor. I tried bari once... THAT was a really funny joke, haha :D

I got out my clarinet today and tried it. It wasn't the same as it used to be, but it was kind of fun. I had a hard time at first, but if I play loudly and really concentrate, I can do it a bit. I guess I gotta get back into the swing of things. I was playing Fireflies by Owl City today! Sheet music found here (pg1) and here (pg2). The video where I found it (Youtube is awesome for finding sheet music): [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13_kX_-UGbE[/ame]

All those high notes... and that darn high C... haha, it was fun. :)

Thanks for encouraging me to go try the clarinet again! :D :hug:

Back