Calling All Deaf Musicians!

Ever heard of "Beethoven's Nightmare"? .... and "Clockers"? ....All deaf/HOH band out of Hawaii/California way.... uTube

I can play a few chords on the guitar....and do play Guitar Hero with my boys. Used to love music before losing my hearing. And wrote songs also.

Never too old to keep up with the "beat"!...And BTW, I'm 62 years old! Still got a lot of rhythm going on! HAHA!...But not a whole lot of shakin' going on! :giggle:

Well, that depends on who is listening to me play my viola. I never worry when I'm playing for deaf audiences, only when I have to play for a hearing audience, then I find myself paying a *lot* more attention to pitch....

Wendy

Hi Wendy!!

Ragtime Piano! just in case you forgot who I am. :)

:wave:

Drummer needed?

Where you at, Defmusicman?

I'm Stephanie and I play drums. I'm in Houston.

Stephanie

Last night was absolutely historic for me! I finally met another deaf musician in person, Claz! We talked all night about music (7PM 'til about 3 30 - 4 AM!), figuring out what to do next. Wow! I don't feel so alone anymore. My staying in "drumming shape" for the last several years paid off!.

Rock on!

Stephanie

I play classical music. You? :wave:

I love listening to classical music because it's so soothing and relaxing. As far as playing music, my heart's in rock and roll. :rockon: That's the music I grew up with so that's what I like to play. I do play a little bit of classical music on classical guitar. Played at a friend's wedding last year and performed Pachelbel's Canon in D. I enjoyed that a lot. Do you play public performances?

Hi. Cool to see all the other musicians here! Gotta have music.
I am 26 years old and have been playing piano and synthesizers since I was 6 years old. I started teaching myself how to play piano at 6 years old by stealing my mother's electronic keyboard and learning every preset song on it and then learning everything that I heard. I also play cello,bass,flute and dulcimer. I have been composing and playing music for 20 years and never go a day without it. I have a small studio in my room and own 6 synthesizers and a digital piano/midi controller and an electronic drum sequencer.
My twin sister and I were blessed to be able to produce 2 CDs while we were in middle school and spent lots of time in a studio. Our first studio experience was when we were 11 years old. Our mother was told that we would lose all of our hearing and that we need to get our music onto CD before we could no longer hear enough to play music anymore. We both have a profound hearing loss now and still find a way to practice and compose music. I do not play the flute anymore, its too high pitched for me. I have never had lessons for piano, my mom's choice. She thought that we would get bored with it. Over the last 5 years I have taught myself synthesis theory and program synthesizers with sounds that I use in my compositions. I love to collect old and vintage synthesizers and sequencers, all still working after 25 years. My sister and I have enjoyed giving numerous concerts for various events. We had the honor of playing for the governor of Texas at a museum here in Austin. In high school we played on Fox 7 news in the morning, that was so nerve racking! We were SO nervous. In 4th grade we had our first copyright signing of some original compositions that we had written for our principle, at first I thought we were in trouble for something. Lol and lots of paperwork! We played at a local radio station and at a university here in Austin, we played for a class of music students studying jazz and piano. My favorite kinds of concerts to give are the ones for friends and family, just hanging out in the home studio and playing for them and encourageing then to play too, that hate me when I do that! lol.
I currently compose Jazz, funk, electronic, 80's retro and new age synthesizer music. We also have our old and new music on YouTube under "JumelleMusic" channel, an online way of sharing your music with the world. Anyway aside from composing and programing synthesizers I try to teach my friend some piano, but I am not a very good teacher! lol, but I try. I think that the most important aspect of music is sharing it, enjoying it and loving it!
Keep playin it loud! :)

I play the electric guitar. Do I play well, many people have different opinions. If I were to label my guitar noodling, I would call it Trippy Black Metal. But then again, I can play pretty. Some people don't like my pretty playing but do like my powerchord riffing.

Im a new-b to alldeaf but happy to see this thread!
I play drums, bass (4 & 5 string), 6 & 7 string electric guitars (I loveeeee an Ibanez 7 string), I play bass as well as piano & synths.
Im reaaaaallly happy to know im not alone here! anyone live near atlanta ga?

Back