Byrdie Situation UPDATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me again. I am really confused what is going on. Was it fake?

I know that I don't post often, and usually in the cochlear implant section- but I lurk. I have had always had my guard up, I guess it's in my nature- but when i started reading about him not feeling well and following the entire line... I truly gave this person some empathy and sympathy. I even took time out of my precious day to think about him and how terrible the entire scenario was. And to be conned...........it feels as if I was violated somehow. I don't want to be dramatic ( I HATE drama) but I am in complete AWE that someone would put so much time and energy into such a lie. I can't even comprehend it! I was even telling my husband last night all about this and how awful of a situation it was. I too, was sucked in, like all of you and I'm angry about it. It's sad that someone has to do something of this magnitutde to get attention.

Yeah. :( I even told my family about a good friend that passed on, and they had comforted me, how can I face them and tell them it was all a hoax? I had only told my sister so far. I'm so angry, so hurt about the whole thing. Byrdie meant a great deal to most of us, we carried this immense pain inside our hearts, when we found out that he passed on. I mean most of us were in the state of shock.

I don't know why in the world would someone lie about being dead? It's so wrong, so plain cruel.

Yeah. :( I even told my family about a good friend that passed on, and they had comforted me, how can I face them and tell them it was all a hoax? I had only told my sister so far. I'm so angry, so hurt about the whole thing. Byrdie meant a great deal to most of us, we carried this immense pain inside our hearts, when we found out that he passed on. I mean most of us were in the state of shock.

I don't know why in the world would someone lie about being dead? It's so wrong, so plain cruel.

I agree with your post.

This makes me :mad2: becuase I wasted my time for this shit.

Jake, like I say to you and all the others who knew him well. A big shame to play such a game. Its not a waste of your time, you didn't know this person would do this to you and others. It will get passed by slowly and put behind you and move on. :hug:

I could not find Mark Bryd's obituary on the internet. What state does he live or lived?

i didn't find his obitary in newspapers in the internet either so i figure something SO fishy about that.

I knew its fake for byrd714's death because I couldn't find his obituary in all states of usa. I am sorry you all had so much grieved for nothing. let us move on posting anything new.

There is something fishy about this, best to forget about it. He's banned for his behavior here. Another member and I discussed why would alldeaf.com be mentioned in the obituary? Kinda strange.

It's just bizzare. I wonder how he could do such a thing. And for WHAT?

oh yeah OB7 i find it very strange

i think for attention i guess Deafskeptic

Right, best to erase it and move on. Later, something will show up later on. Best to enjoy AD as usual.

Now this is the 2nd time it has happened. I knew someone on another site who did something like this. Pretended he was dead when he wasn't and got another member to announce him as such.

I'm just shocked. I don't know Byrdie very well and he is not my friend. I don't understand why he is lying about everything. I don't like idea about him hurt lots of people who knew him on AD. He is not nice man.

I agree Arkie, this hoax seemed to break a lot of hearts.

Ok, so I am relatively new. Still, I think this episode pulled everyone closer. Both in what we believed was tragedy - a death - and then in real tragedy - we were "scammed". Candy and other mods proved that "deaf, not dumb" is true and not just a slogan on a trendy tee shirt. (We knew that anyway!)
We were together in love/support of a member, then in anger/outrage. Lets get together now in healing and forgiveness. (well, maybe eventually)
I want to point out that we are a pretty awesome bunch. Many of us have never seen another one of us, and still we pull together in support. Let's not let one scam take that from this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back