Byrdie Situation UPDATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Cheri posted the link to the locked thread about Byrdie saying he was going to take a break only to come back under another alias.

I'm going to be honest with you all. I know I told you all I was done with this site. Yes, at that time, I was. I was tired of debating and not going anywhere.

During my leave from this site, I've been busy and still am in the DeafBlind community. I have founded 90 Love.

I've been in the community as an advocate for disability rights, actively involved and participating in many organisations. I have applied to college and will be taking a 15 months fast track course studing ASL Literacy. Hubby and I have been busy packing up our home and we're moving to Toronto, ON.

We've lost our little girl Ashy but we welcomed another little girl Hannah. We kept busy and made a lot of community changes especially for the DeafBlind.

The point of all this, I was inspired by many people here.. Byrdie was one of them. Jillio. Shel90. Banjo. I adore Banjo as I know him in real life.

My point is.. how can a person inspire me yet twist such character he has? That's the thing everyone, we must move on.

It's horrible yes, however... I wish he had taken the time off like I did and made effort like I did. It's just too bad he had to toy with people.

Good question..where is Jillio?

Did u tell the lawyers and people who work at the courts about Byrdie's death? Did anyone know who he was?

That's what I want to know too. I've been wondering the same thing about the lawyers and the people at the courts. I've even been wondering if he ever was a law student or anything he claimed to be.

I'm wondering where jillio is too. I feel sick just thinking about how brydie played with her.

EDIT: Oh now I know where jillio is and all I can say :hug:. I just feel bad.

Last edited:
Jillio,

What's your take on this? Any idea why Byrdie (or whoever) did this?

To be honest, at this moment I am not capable of thinking objectively and clinically enough to even speculate. Once I get a handle on the way this has affected me emotionally, I will be happy to offer a clinical speculation. Right now, I am simply too emotionally involved. My only suspicion is that it was done to illustrate the point of how easily one can create another user ID and fool people.

I have checked with OSU and Capital Law School. There is no record of his having obtained his JD. I questioned whether he was a lawyer about 2 years ago, and I'm sure that several members remember that very thread. However, after some time, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. That was my mistake.

It wasn't a mistake, Jillio. ANY of us could have found out the truth long ago, but we let it play out to our deteriment. I am rarely here and I had inner warning bells clanging over him, but let it slide. We know you had nothing to do with this. I personally am VERY glad you are here at this time.

Wow, so unbelievable what he did!

I couldn't think what to say but lot of you guys said it enough. Glad that he's banned for life.

Really felt for you guys being sucked believing him for a long time. I don't know him much. Indeed, we have to be more careful with anybody who knows there are few more sickos and fakes playing us around.

Be honest with you guys that I really noticed that several members often involve in a "circle" quite too much yet it ain't my business to say this, sure enough but this byrdie situation should remind us that it's usually or often better to be mere "neutral" since it's all texts (well, almost) posted in this forum since anyone can be easily fool others here in the forum as well in other text forums. It's so common online and offline for sure, however... once again we all ought to be be careful and wiser from now on, that is all.

Good job, mods for busting his lies and warned us about him... just so exceeding cruel of byrdie or whoever he was!

Let's move on, AD members!

To be honest, at this moment I am not capable of thinking objectively and clinically enough to even speculate. Once I get a handle on the way this has affected me emotionally, I will be happy to offer a clinical speculation. Right now, I am simply too emotionally involved. My only suspicion is that it was done to illustrate the point of how easily one can create another user ID and fool people.

Yes jillio and I personally do not think it is right or even logical to ask you to "analyse" this when you are hurting as a person. The counsellor in you needs to be separate from this situation.

I only ask as a member, please everyone, allow jillio to go through this as a member, not as a counsellor.

Probably yes. I have tried to google the daughter in Ohio and couldn't come up with her murder (just before Christmas).

Byrdie's from Ohio? I thought Washington.

When my mother died, we let the funeral home handle the Obit. We just gave them the information he needed to know, and he filled in the rest for us. Although I do know that some people write the obit themselves (like my grandfather, I think it made alot of us mad when Obit mentioned my grandfather had a "Favorite" grandchild. Hurt us alot)

To be clear, I never had a sit down conversation with him. He was at an Expo with his SO and he was telling me all about where he was working - the cottages at the coast - that was before I knew him on AD - I didnt make a connection until later - he gave me a biz card and brochure so I would go to the cottage. We were talking about other things but nothing personal. I knew some people who knew him as well. That was the extent of our conversation. I believe the Expo was in 2006. Perhaps he never realized it was ME that was asking him millions of questions about the cottages and Long Beach area.

I lost a truly beautiful spirit on 5/8/09 - a beautiful 7 year old girl to unexpected liver failure and she had to be lifted to Seattle to be placed on transplant list but died shortly after. This is what really pissing me off the MOST - how can someone be SO FOOKING CRUEL to you guys? Man, I hope that karma will be BITCHY to him!

I have checked with OSU and Capital Law School. There is no record of his having obtained his JD. I questioned whether he was a lawyer about 2 years ago, and I'm sure that several members remember that very thread. However, after some time, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. That was my mistake.

I remember that thread. I'm glad bear never took him up on his offer.

It wasn't a mistake, Jillio. ANY of us could have found out the truth long ago, but we let it play out to our deteriment. I am rarely here and I had inner warning bells clanging over him, but let it slide. We know you had nothing to do with this. I personally am VERY glad you are here at this time.

I think a lot of us felt the same thing at the beginning and let it slide over the time.

Yes I did, stupid me!
I was pulled in, I believed it. The only solace is that I was not the only one, we all were duped.

I though it odd that no one I mentioned it to remembered him, but even the judge and other lawyers said that there were many grads and maybe he was a year or two behind or ahead of them.
God, I hope none of them try to send something :shock:
I will have to go back and explain what we have found out.

Glad to see you back in jillio. I don't think anyone thought you were part of whatever this is. I was concerned because you never just drop out of sight you are always in and out during the day.
They (he) probably picked you to email and connect with because you are a steady member and respected member so if you believed you were speaking with Mr. Weaver or squirt then we would all believe it too. Which we did.

Exactly, I didn't question it for the same reason.

Thank you, ASLGAL.:ty:

I don't know byrdie at all, but I did have that bell too when twinkletoes imitates Byrdie on that debate thread.

This behavior warrants some kind of describing for "the greater good" of the public.

It kind of makes me feel like there's some form of multiple personality disorder or schizophrenia going on to play FOUR different known people.
There could even be more.

While I have explained that I am not objective enough at this point to do a clinical eval, I can assure you that it is neither scizophrenia nor any type of dissociative disorder. I have my suspicions, but would prefer not to speak until I am more emotionally stable and able to do so with objectivity. I do not want to bias my assessment in any way with my own emotional reaction to these events.

I think a lot of us felt the same thing at the beginning and let it slide over the time.

I include myself in this. I felt that brydie might not be a trustworthy person when jillio first questioned his claims of being a lawyer. But like everyone else, I decided to give brydie the benefit of doubt.

This is so rediculous. I am so mad that they did that. Well I am glad that this got cleared up.

Thank you, Beowulf.:ty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back