Bush Serious About Gay Marriage Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
DreamDeaf said:
Sure go ahead and label me as a murderer.

Since you are a conservative "Christian" man, I can go ahead and call you an abuser. Your kind has slapped women, stoned women, labeled women as whores, prostitutes and murderers. Your kind has kept women pregnant, chained to the stove and left barefoot. Your kind has conspired to keep women as second-class citizens, not able to rise to equaility with men of your own kind, and kept us below poverty levels. Your kind has made us pregnant and dependent on welfare, with no hope in the horizon. Your kind has kept women in situations where they knew they would be raped, maimed, mulitated and killed.

Are you proud of yourself?

Ok listen to that. I didn't stone, label them as whore or whatever and I used the bible's fact aganist those people who was or is whore. It does not come out from me and it came out from bible.

Pregnant thing, Yes they asked for sex and they knew that they could get pregnant because of sex. They deserved to be pregnant.

I never support women to stay low level from men's level. I want women to be equal as men and the bible already said it. Many people misunderstood with that thing. Men get first step and women get second step and they all get same equal level. Why men get first step, men is designed for phsyical thing and play some dangerous role. Women take second step because women is responsible for child/pregnant. Men protects women.

Your kind has made us pregnant and dependent on welfare, with no hope in the horizon. Your kind has kept women in situations where they knew they would be raped, maimed, mulitated and killed.

My comments to that, It is too bad for them that they had sex none of be prepared for what if they got pregnant. Issue with rape and that is very extremely low to get pregnant during rape. Of course some people mistaken got pregnant and they don't abortion the pregnancy process then I support them by providing the services, shelters, welfares, etcs.

DreamDeaf said:
There's something that REALLY bothers me...

Miss Pinc and Crazymanwoot...

What will YOU do if someone really, really close to you, such as a best friend, a daughter, a son or a grandchild came up to you...

"I'm gay."

What will YOU do?

Are you going to break up with your best friend, throw out your son/daughter, disown your grandchild?

Or are you going to swallow your stubborn, pigheaded pride and accept him/her as he/she is????

COME ON, TTT AND CRAZYMANWOOT!!!

I WANNA HEAR YOUR ANSWER!!!!!!!

If I had children and I will explain and preach my children about repentance sin, Jesus Christ and all that inside the bible. So my children won't be able to be gay because gay is sin. If they were gay and I would pray for them.

deaflibrarian said:
I pity your future children. :shock:
Why? He said he would pray for them. He didn't say he would kick them out of the house or beat them up. He said he would pray. What is wrong with that?

deaflibrarian said:
Praying is not the same as accepting and loving your children without conditions.
A parent can love a child without accepting everything that child does.

He is praying they won't be gay and if they are gay that they will stop being gay and that is wrong.
In your opinion. In my opinion, he would be praying the best for his children.

deaflibrarian said:

Those are his kids... he can raise them anyway he wants to...
as long as he doesn't abuse them.
So there is nothing wrong with trying to raise children the best
way you know how.

deaflibrarian said:
This is one of the most silly things I have heard. Sending children and young adults to private schools protects them from the "evils" of the world. How funny considering there's same-gender parents, students who happen to be gay or lesbian, students that happen to be infected with HIV/AIDS, teachers that happen to be gay or lesbian, teachers and parents that happen to be infected with HIV/AIDS, etc.

How does going to private school "protect" children and young adults from all the stuff we're talking about in this forum?

It's closed-minds like this that are the cause of problems in this world, just my opinion, that's all. :)

Well I want my kids to go to school to pray and say the pledge of alligence...
and all the things I use to do at school, and also go to Christmas play. I have to raise my future kids, and I don't
want to have kids come home with condom and all of these things they learn at public school, and I'll be upset, because I wouldn't know how to raise
kids like that. I want to raise kids the way my Grandmom and Mom raise
me... and I don't want to raise kids, and I don't know what to expect.

That is why people want to hold on to family tradition....

I mean for example, if my kids said they are going to a Rainbow party...
then I will say yes...
then I'll find out that the party for gay kids to go...
Then I would tell them nooooo...
And then my kids will hate me and preach at me to not to hate...

I will think, I don't know how to control my kids, cause the society
is making it tough for me to know how to raise kids.

deaflibrarian said:
Praying is not the same as accepting and loving your children without conditions. He is praying they won't be gay and if they are gay that they will stop being gay and that is wrong.

Well do you pray that you will have a healthy baby? Do you pray that
your kids will do well in school? Do you pray that your kids will not
do drugs? Do you pray that your kids will not join the gang?
Do you pray that your kids will not get sick?
Do you pray that your kids make good decision?
Do you pray to God that you want a baby that is as smart as you
and has daddy's singing talent or blue eyes?

deaflibrarian said:
The problem with prayer and the Pledge of Allegience in the school is because of the different religions of the students and staff (Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, etc.) so prayer and a Pledge of Allegience that refers to a "one Nation under God" in school cannot be forced on people who do not subscribe to the "God" doctrine.

By the way, one cannot "control" their children. All they can do is give them the tools to cope with life's tricky situations and answer honestly their questions without judgement or fear and hope for the best.

Well that is why I want to send my kids to private school.
And I don't want to worry about my kids who have to
walk home everyday from school to home...
Cause there are a lot of sick people out, kidnapping folks...
and I feel secure if my kids pray everyday at school and at home.

Why do immigrants come here in USA for?? They didn't like
their country so they come here... because all the freedom
we have here.... and best system we have here...
And then when they tried to change something in USA,,,
which really the reason why we have the best country in the world.
And so then if we change it just for those immigrants... then
USA will be like the country they just left.
So what is the point??? Leave it alone... if you like it, just leave it
the way it is. :thumb:

USA is just like APPLE PIE,,, yeah it is soooooo goood...
but then you know it got so much calories and fat and sugars...
So if you change the recipe... then you know it won't ever
taste the same.
So leave it alone, and make Apple Pie in an old fashion way.

DreamDeaf said:
Crazymanwoot - are you even in a relationship yourself with a woman?

Yes and no girlfriend yet. I believe into courtship not with dating thing.

Many women Gallaudet University really admired my relationships with whole women in Gallaudet and world. I am grew up in very strong European tradition family where I was taught to respect women and treat them like real Queen. Anyone who marries me will be very lucky person to have me. I have very good emotional connections with women and obviously that I don't show it on this fourm.

Crazymanw00t said:
If I had children and I will explain and preach my children about repentance sin, Jesus Christ and all that inside the bible. So my children won't be able to be gay because gay is sin. If they were gay and I would pray for them.

deaflibrarian said:

Me too, I pity his future children too....That means he doesn't care about his own children's happiness..What a shame.
tapedshut.gif

Wanna know more about my life between homosexual people?

You may think I am abusing or pushing homosexual people down with my real life.

Do not thinks that I am like Hitler that hurts the homosexual people by beating them up and throwing stones on them. Really, I just leave them alone and do their life just like normal people's life. I respect their choice with their life against Jesus Christ. It is their choice and that was not my choice. Therefore, I have the power to vote and ban homosexual relates with marriage, or benefits or anything with politics. I do not support any homosexual activates or policy just because I have the choice that I can vote against or not be part of it. Anyway, I do speak up against homosexual issues and that is it.

Some homosexual people grabbed me or sexual harrashment with me. I just yell at them and speak against them. After my furious expression to them and I walk away from them or I ask them to get hell out of here in 10 seconds. They always obeyed my command to get out of my way because of my size. They learned their valuable lessons with me, and I told them learn to respect others body or you will be trashed by someone.

I always thought about dating a white man... cause
I thought that white men won't be as bad as black men...
But my friend said that white men and black men are the same.
All kind of relationships are not always guaranteed perfect...
Here is a letter from a gay man.

April 15, 2001

I still feel a little uncomfortable when I say that my relationship with my ex had been abusive. And it has nothing to do with the fact that I’m a 42-year-old gay guy. The problem, I guess, is that most of the abuses I dealt with in the course of our 13 years together were the covert and insidious kind. And that’s why I feel a little funny about the whole thing. When I picture abuse, I still tend to think in terms of black eyes and arguments of the sort that make the neighbors call the police. Domestic violence is the picture most people have. But, I think word is finally beginning to get out...
People who experience those things, I tell myself, have really been abused. In fact, I considered the definition of abuse so unrelated to what I had actually experienced with my ex that more than six months passed after our breakup before the realization that I had been abused broke through. Sounds familiar... Some people never get it.
This is not to say that I didn’t know something was wrong all along. I did. Much of the time I spent with my ex was invested in trying to figure out why he could be so “mean” — and why I insisted that I loved him in spite of that.
None of it made any sense. All you had to do was look at the guy and the last thing you’d believe is that he could mistreat anybody. Such a charmer, such a fine figure of a man. And what a success he’d made of his career. His earning power outdistanced mine considerably — so much so, the luxuries I enjoyed while I was with him were things I knew I could never afford myself, but achieved solely through the largess of my significant other. Makes it even harder to complain...
His generosity seemed endless — until it came to the things that mattered most to me.
Looking back, I see the various ways I talked “around” the subject of abuse without ever putting my finger on it. I described my guy as “emotionally unavailable” and fretted about his incapacity for intimacy. His need to maintain control over me became apparent from the start, in just about every way you can think of. These were ongoing problems that I complained about for years.
I could not reconcile how so wonderful a man who provided me with so many great things could leave me out in the cold. The disparity overwhelmed and exhausted me. By the second year we were together, I became subject to debilitating panic attacks that afflicted me for the better part of a decade. Ouchhh! Abuse will certainly tip one over into panic, or depression, or physical illness...
In subtle and not-so-subtle ways, he made me feel like a liability. Socially, he always had his eye on me lest I should do something he would construe as embarrassing. Privately, the number of times he said he loved me over the years could be counted on one hand.
Sometimes, though — too often — the abuse became so blatant, it took every ounce of misguided energy to keep up my denial. The worst times came when I was sick. Whenever I fell ill, my need for him to show a little care, compassion and tenderness hit him like a personal affront. As though enraged by my weakness, as though blind to the fact that I was not well, he would attack — an argument would erupt; he would stand over me, boom at me, and destroy me with the things that he said, until ultimately I would break down completely into a heap of pain and confusion. Yes, the "hit them when they're down" tactic.
Then, and only then, would he pick me up and comfort me as I heaved in agony.
Even in the best of times, our arguments hinged on his need to defend himself at all costs. His abusiveness at moments like these reached a peak when once, after I had left the room during an argument and was closing the door behind me, he fired a fistful of keys at the door with such force that the impact left deep gouges on the other side, right at the level of my head. During another argument years before, he grabbed one of our cats, raised her above his head but stopped himself before he flung her across the room.
Had any friend of mine told me that his boyfriend had done these things, I would have told him that he would have to get out of that relationship. Immediately.
Then finally, my ex demonstrated beyond any doubt that he held no regard for me at all. After 13 years of living with me in Chicago, he decided, spontaneously and unilaterally, that he needed to leave the city. And, as I watched in disbelief, he found a new job in rural North Carolina, bought a house for us, and proceeded to dismantle everything I had grown to know and love. Sharing nothing of his motives, seeking nothing in the way of compromise or agreement from me. Amazing...
When I saw that my protests could not reach him — in fact, they spawned some of the most awful things he’s ever said to me — I began to make plans to remain in Chicago and send him on his way. I soon changed my mind, however, when confronted by the loss of my relationship and my fears about surviving on my own. Your dependent traits have long been your worse enemy. Ignoring the demeaning remarks my ex leveled at me to account for why my feelings didn’t matter, I rationalized away my misgivings, swallowed the hurt, and prepared for the move down south. Dependency needs are so strong, they create denial. One of my favorite saying: "Face the fear, and the fear will disappear."
So when my partner left for his first day at his new job, I wrote a short note and got the hell out of there. In leaving this way, I lost almost everything. I lost my relationship and the content of my life, including the four cats that had provided me better company than my ex ever did.
The struggle to take control of my life has not been easy. My feelings keep getting in the way. After a period of anger, I fell into deep depression — and found myself mired in a state of unremitting grief.
In the midst of all this, I began to realize that my marijuana habit of 24 years was doing little to mitigate the pain. Instead, I came to view the pot as nothing but detrimental (and on this point, my ex had been correct), and stopped smoking it — cold — six months after my breakup. Excellent. Your smoking was a way of coping - temporarily escaping - from the pain you did not want to feel.
I hoped this would be something that would turn my life around. Instead, without the buffer of self-medication, the impact of the breakup hit me as though it had occurred only yesterday. I could not handle anything. I hardly slept, because I couldn’t. I didn’t eat, because my appetite had vanished. And while these are symptoms related to withdrawal, I believe the cessation of marijuana exposed me to post-traumatic stress problems — as I am given to understand that symptoms of this disorder can come into play in the aftermath of abuse.
The impact this had on my health could be seen by anyone. I looked like death. On the job, my performance suffered — the stress was too much. And as I sat at my desk one morning, eyes welling, stomach churning and my heart exploding in my chest, I went home sick for the umpteenth time. And decided I would have to tender my resignation, effective immediately. You had a mini-nervous breakdown. Translation: In giving up all the old ways, the world became just too confusing. You did not have the resources to cope in healthier ways - yet.
After a stint at my parents’ house in Pennsylvania, I was restored to health and came back to Chicago. It is during this period of unemployment and unrelieved isolation that I am finding my way to recovery. What a wonderful time this is for you! Oh, I know it hurts... But, it's wonderful in the sense that you are discovering who Brian is. Without denial. Facing each and every one of your fears, your dependencies... Psychological rebirth, if you will.
To facilitate my job search, I acquired a computer — and while this has yet to bring about gainful employment, the unforeseen benefit of surfing the web for anything that would make sense of what I’ve been through has achieved miraculous results. My computer has been the lifeline that dragged me back from despair. You may also want to augment computer therapy with an antidepressant or St. John's wort...
Had it not been for this interval of intense focus on my self, I would still be stuck in ruminations and a sense of hopelessness. The positive effects I’ve seen cannot be denied — after two months of being ignored in my job search, I have an interview scheduled for next week. And not a moment too soon.
After losing almost everything, I am finding so much more than I ever thought I could know. - Brian, Easter, 2001

Mod Note:

Flame wars... :locked:

Will review and unlock later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back