Buried of Cremated?

you will want to read about the one of the strangest funeral rites held in old India (was banned because of the British colonisation before), that was when a married man dies, the wife has to dress in the most beautiful clothes possible and be cremated Next to her husband ALIVE!!!, they believe when she dies, and skulls crackes open her sould as escaped to go with him...

nasty..

Holy.................:eek3:

you will want to read about the one of the strangest funeral rites held in old India (was banned because of the British colonisation before), that was when a married man dies, the wife has to dress in the most beautiful clothes possible and be cremated Next to her husband ALIVE!!!, they believe when she dies, and skulls crackes open her sould as escaped to go with him...

nasty..

I am wondering how the females felt about this

After doing some research...... it still happens.

andddddddddddddd......... some women will just jump into the flames with their husbands to this day.

:shock:

I totally hate the idea of being buried -- I've read too many books! About the Victorian bells where someone is buried alive and left to die. But, I also hate the idea of cremation - please REALLY make sure I'm dead first before you cremate me. Is there a 3rd option other than liquid nitrogen ??

3rd option - donate body to science!

After doing some research...... it still happens.

andddddddddddddd......... some women will just jump into the flames with their husbands to this day.

:shock:

f.u.c.k....:eek3:
hmmm i wouldt have a clue how they feel about it, after all its their culture and tradition...probably love the idea to stay with their husbands...
i think its really stupid...almost as if they cant handle grieve...

nasty..

it is suttee in case others want to read more about it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sati_(practice)

f.u.c.k....:eek3:
hmmm i wouldt have a clue how they feel about it, after all its their culture and tradition...probably love the idea to stay with their husbands...
i think its really stupid...almost as if they cant handle grieve...

Either they killed themselves or live the life of being shunned by their own family/friends. I think I can understand them. I hope they can change it by working or something.

Shunned from society, widows flock to city to die - CNN

I totally hate the idea of being buried -- I've read too many books! About the Victorian bells where someone is buried alive and left to die. But, I also hate the idea of cremation - please REALLY make sure I'm dead first before you cremate me. Is there a 3rd option other than liquid nitrogen ??

Have you ever heard the expression "dead ringer"? That is where that expression came from.

Interesting thread. I haven't thought about how I want to be disposed of (though I have thought a lot about death and life after death). However I love this song by The Pogues called 'Worms' and it tickles my sense of humour to have this song played at my funeral, so I suppose it tips the balance towards burial for me atm! :giggle:

The worms crawl in and the worms crawl out
The ones that go in are lean and thin
The ones that crawl out are fat and stout
Your eyes fall in and your teeth fall out
Your brains come tumbling down your snout
Be merry, my friends, be merry

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAC47w80lSI]WORMS - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Back