Buried of Cremated?

I'm quoting Jackass though. They had a 80 yr old lady goin around to taxidermists asking if she could be stuffed and found it was illegal in California.

I have already made a will for me to cremated which is my wish. I think I like the idea of having an open wake so that family members and friends can say good bye for the last time before I get cremated.

I did remembered that I went to a wake ceremony few years ago. He was native from another reserve. He was being observed and let them cry or said good bye to him, even children were crying for him. I think that is the way to go for wake ceremony and then cremate. So I am going to have a talk with my lawyer about that.

As a matter of fact, my religion prefer burial. I would rather be cremated. My mother and my father were cremated years ago. I don't think it is none of the religion society to tell you that you are suppose to be buried. :roll: Everyone can make the choices if they prefer to be buried or cremated. That is our rights.

I have already made a will for me to cremated which is my wish. I think I like the idea of having an open wake so that family members and friends can say good bye for the last time before I get cremated.

I did remembered that I went to a wake ceremony few years ago. He was native from another reserve. He was being observed and let them cry or said good bye to him, even children were crying for him. I think that is the way to go for wake ceremony and then cremate. So I am going to have a talk with my lawyer about that.

As a matter of fact, my religion prefer burial. I would rather be cremated. My mother and my father were cremated years ago. I don't think it is none of the religion society to tell you that you are suppose to be buried. :roll: Everyone can make the choices if they prefer to be buried or cremated. That is our rights.

I forget which tribe you are from but isn't there a specific ritual there as well?

(Serious question)

Edit: For some reason the last part of your post wasn't showing when I asked.

I forget which tribe you are from but isn't there a specific ritual there as well?

(Serious question)

I am Cree and Cherokee. My husband is Ojibwe (Anishinabek) and I am living in his reserve. I am not the only one. There was another Cree woman living with her husband in his reserve, too. Both of the reserves are in the same place here. Hee Hee Hee. :lol:

So no big deal.

Anyway, my Cree tradition is to be cremated, not buried. Some would prefer to be buried. The religion missionary (priests called the "Black Robes" make us be buried in the past. But now or today, it is really up to anyone who would prefer to buried or cremated.

I just feel that I want to be cremated because I would like to be free. Being buried under ground does not seem like a good way to cover up with casket and seal up with box nailed with the lid. I know from someone telling us that it is to prevent some grave robbers not have to dig up very deep and try to take the box with the nailed lid. Then try to take the casket up to wherever they want to change to another place like building a new house on top of the grave. Good grieve. I think this is silly and a waste of time.

I hope to be a bird in my next life. :fingersx:

I would like to be cryogenicitized and left in a vault next to Walt Disney.

I am Cree and Cherokee. My husband is Ojibwe (Anishinabek) and I am living in his reserve. I am not the only one. There was another Cree woman living with her husband in his reserve, too. Both of the reserves are in the same place here. Hee Hee Hee. :lol:

So no big deal.

Anyway, my Cree tradition is to be cremated, not buried. Some would prefer to be buried. The religion missionary (priests called the "Black Robes" make us be buried in the past. But now or today, it is really up to anyone who would prefer to buried or cremated.

I just feel that I want to be cremated because I would like to be free. Being buried under ground does not seem like a good way to cover up with casket and seal up with box nailed with the lid. I know from someone telling us that it is to prevent some grave robbers not have to dig up very deep and try to take the box with the nailed lid. Then try to take the casket up to wherever they want to change to another place like building a new house on top of the grave. Good grieve. I think this is silly and a waste of time.

I hope to be a bird in my next life. :fingersx:

If there really is a next life I would like to be a bird too!

I had to get a will drawn up after my divorce and I opted for cremation in the event of my death. I want my ashes used as fertilizer for a tree planted in my memory.

I totally hate the idea of being buried -- I've read too many books! About the Victorian bells where someone is buried alive and left to die. But, I also hate the idea of cremation - please REALLY make sure I'm dead first before you cremate me. Is there a 3rd option other than liquid nitrogen ??

One member stated about donating his/her body to science...now, that's another option I havent thought about until now.

Until then, I have always stated that I want to be creamated because I dont want my family to pay so much for a funeral that will only last a couple of hours. pppthhh!

I want my ashes sprinkled over Northern AZ where the forests are.

I totally hate the idea of being buried -- I've read too many books! About the Victorian bells where someone is buried alive and left to die. But, I also hate the idea of cremation - please REALLY make sure I'm dead first before you cremate me. Is there a 3rd option other than liquid nitrogen ??

Above ground burial with a buzzer in your hand?

I forgot to mention, I really dont give a shit what the funeral do with my dead body. Bury me in ground, cremate me or throw my lifeless body in the river for all I care. :lol: I find it silly how people want to be buried.

you will want to read about the one of the strangest funeral rites held in old India (was banned because of the British colonisation before), that was when a married man dies, the wife has to dress in the most beautiful clothes possible and be cremated Next to her husband ALIVE!!!, they believe when she dies, and skulls crackes open her sould as escaped to go with him...

nasty..

Back