Budgeting on $20.00 - video *ASL heavy*

Great tip! Yes, hubby and I eat before we shop and I always have snacks in my backpack in case we have the hunger pangs when we shop.

We make our own "GORP" (Good Old Raisins and Peanuts) which is easy to remember and make too! I add cranberries and chocolate chips to my GORP and then pack them in individual baggies.

This tip will help you too as well when it comes to grocery shopping- always shop at the outside square of the stores. The inside square of the stores is just junk. The outside square is vegetables, fruits, dairy products, meat and breads/grains. The inside square consists of unnecessary junk that you don't really need - only laundry detergent and so on.

1. Plan your spending. Avoid impulse buys.

2. Advertised items are not necessarily the cheapest.

3. Watch for unadvertised specials.

4. Remember to ask for a "raincheck" if an item is sold out.

5. To avoid crowds, do not shop after work, on paydays, or just before holidays.

6. Buy items before you run out of them. Buy at clearance, or sale price,
instead of regular price when you must have the item.

7. Know the sales cycle in your area.

8. Just because an item is on sale, doesn't necessarily mean it is a good deal for your family. If you won't use it, don't buy it.

9. Due to volume discounts, larger stores are generally cheaper than smaller ones.

10. Your emotions affect your shopping. Be careful of the "I deserve it" mentality.

11. Buy at the end of the season.

12. Stock up when prices are low.

13. Try alternative shopping: Shop salvage stores, thrift stores, consignment shops,warehouse clubs, yard sales, and garage sales.

14. Remember that no particular store has the lowest price on all items.

15. Create a "shopping pool". Agree with family and friends to shop sales for each other.

16. Shop alone. Other individuals will only help fill your shopping cart.

17. Check the entire store for specials and alternatives.

18. Get to know your favorite store's employees. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

19. Know your prices, keep a price book.

20. About Prices: Compare, Compare, Compare. This is how your price book helps you.

21. Larger is not always cheaper. Smaller is not always cheaper.

22. Look at unit prices.

23. You pay more for fancy packaging. Beware.

24. Remember the "Rule of Three":
If an item has three different ways it can be used, you will not be wasting your money.

25. Never pay full price.

26. Shop defensively.

27. Try store and generic brands.

28. Watch as the clerk rings up your purchases. Check your receipt.

29. Shop for gifts year round.

30. Return purchases that do not meet your expectations.

31. Complain if it is genuinely warranted.

32. Call before you go to confirm item is available.

33. If you must, leave the checkbook and credit cards at home or in the car.

source

Make your gifts year-round.

Recycle your gifts.

Take up food canning, jam preserves, pickling as they save a lot of money & make great gifts!

Ask a friend or two to pool their money with yours to make wine. It is only $20.00 each to make about 30 bottles of wine. It is cost-effective and the experience is rewarding financially.

My tips are in bold and I have bolded other tips to reinforce the importance of frugal shopping.

Today I cut hubby's and my own hair. We invested in a good scissor & electric clipper set which only cost us $20.00 CDN as it was on sale! :)

Hubby loves his crewcut and I love my pixie cut. I look very cute with my pixie cut; yes I can cut my own hair quite easily.

We both actually prefer me doing the haircuts because for one, it is simple to do and for two, communication wise it is hard sometimes when the hairdresser doesn't do exactly what we want.

Hubby and I don't have to tip me! :laugh2:

I admit that I like being a Jill of all trades; it does empower me and it gives me confidence too as well.
:gpost:
Excellent post, Mrs. Bucket.

Nice vlog.
Next vlog - you are the cameraman, and have your husband sign it. :lol:

:hug: Thanks everyone, this is really for our community. We help each other, in turn, we help take care of our community and our Earth.

:lol: authentic; you are on for that! We'll bring our Ultra-Flip with us this weekend around T.O and I'll be sure to have hubby sign and I will record. *wink*

I am hungry. Feed me enough for 2 people. Danke. and also I am in dire need of some buckets loving.

I am hungry. Feed me enough for 2 people. Danke. and also I am in dire need of some buckets loving.

Enough for 4 here, please. Merci beacoup.

Aww come here! :hug:

Tonight is going to be herbed potato wedges (hubby and I love those!) and brown beans with franks. My brown beans are slowly cooked with a tangy BBQ sauce, dark brown sugar, several cinnamon sticks and maple syrup. I add the franks about halfway while cooking.

Yes, I put a lot of love in my cooking. If I am going to enjoy eating, I have to enjoy cooking.

Come on over and bring your empty stomachs! :hug:

Aww come here! :hug:

Tonight is going to be herbed potato wedges (hubby and I love those!) and brown beans with franks. My brown beans are slowly cooked with a tangy BBQ sauce, dark brown sugar, several cinnamon sticks and maple syrup. I add the franks about halfway while cooking.

Yes, I put a lot of love in my cooking. If I am going to enjoy eating, I have to enjoy cooking.

Come on over and bring your empty stomachs! :hug:

Why the hell do I want holubschi now? :P What in your passage that remind me of cabbage rolls? :shock:

Now you're making me :drool:

I should eat lunch and then go to the grocery store and pick up groceries for the week. I'm looking forward to Country Captain Chicken tonight and I'll be having it with rice. Hopefully my chicken will be thawed out in time for this dish - if not I'll just have scrambled eggs with veggies for dinner.

Why the hell do I want holubschi now? :P What in your passage that remind me of cabbage rolls? :shock:

Love, baby, love! The food we all love reminds us of family, memories, love and gatherings. We get all mushy inside thinking of certain food. Turkey = Thanksgiving and Christmas Ham = Easter and christenings/family celebrations

Now you're making me :drool:

I should eat lunch and then go to the grocery store and pick up groceries for the week. I'm looking forward to Country Captain Chicken tonight and I'll be having it with rice. Hopefully my chicken will be thawed out in time for this dish - if not I'll just have scrambled eggs with veggies for dinner.

You can actually put a frozen chicken in the oven. I do this all the time and they come out wonderful.

I put the frozen chicken breast in the oven with Uncle Ben's Minute Rice, salsa, chopped peppers, onions and grate cheese on top. It is ready in about 25- 30 minutes. It's a perfect dinner with salad on the side. You have all the servings required from the Mediterranean Food Guide.

Okay... I need a meatlocker.

I died inside when I found out I could get turkey for a dollar a pound after Christmas... and no freezer to put them.

Love, baby, love! The food we all love reminds us of family, memories, love and gatherings. We get all mushy inside thinking of certain food. Turkey = Thanksgiving and Christmas Ham = Easter and christenings/family celebrations

You can actually put a frozen chicken in the oven. I do this all the time and they come out wonderful.

I put the frozen chicken breast in the oven with Uncle Ben's Minute Rice, salsa, chopped peppers, onions and grate cheese on top. It is ready in about 25- 30 minutes. It's a perfect dinner with salad on the side. You have all the servings required from the Mediterranean Food Guide.

The reason why I don't do this is for safety reasons and also the recipe calls for me to cook the chicken for 15 mintues. If it were one of those dishes that requires stewing over several hours, I would do it.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

TXgolfer said:
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

LOL I have to shop on an empty stomach or I would return home with a pack of gum and lip gloss O_O but then again, I DO save $$ hm...

:lol:

Psst nice edit ;)

Patty got on shopping budget so she CAN afford to have a mountain of chocolate!!!!!!!

Yup me poor, my wife robbed me :(

yeah here have farmer markets here in san jose but doesn't open til may :roll: but sometimes will have farmer market near hopsitials but sometimes expenvise yes.. but veggies and etc yeah cheap like mrs bucket said.. 20 dollars budget eh? I always spend more than 20 dollars for food if I wanted to bring food home so I stopped shopping for food due to cut my hours from work I don't make good $$ those days tho.. but i should try in may and find whatever is good :) but good job on video I'm surprised you sign real good..

yes I had been to tornoto.. sorry off topic here.. :P but my dad's side of family lives there but i don't see any deaf socials there? :)

yeah here have farmer markets here in san jose but doesn't open til may :roll: but sometimes will have farmer market near hopsitials but sometimes expenvise yes.. but veggies and etc yeah cheap like mrs bucket said.. 20 dollars budget eh? I always spend more than 20 dollars for food if I wanted to bring food home so I stopped shopping for food due to cut my hours from work I don't make good $$ those days tho.. but i should try in may and find whatever is good :) but good job on video I'm surprised you sign real good..

yes I had been to tornoto.. sorry off topic here.. :P but my dad's side of family lives there but i don't see any deaf socials there? :)

:hug: Erica, smile.

It's important to shop local & support the local growers too as well.

Spring rolls around and this is where the great fruits & veggies comes around.

There's lots of Deaf socials here in Toronto, hubby and I are homebodies and we love to watch movies and munch on my cooking! :laugh2:

You're surprised I sign good, eh? ASL is my first language and I'm a fluent signer- I teach ASL too as well.

Take care!!

There's lots of Deaf socials here in Toronto, hubby and I are homebodies and we love to watch movies and munch on my cooking! :laugh2:

You're surprised I sign good, eh? ASL is my first language and I'm a fluent signer- I teach ASL too as well.

Take care!!

:laugh2: that's good that you guys munch on your cooking while watching movies.. :) spring rolls eh? I usually eat them but not that much but it's hard to eat heathly if I go out too much anyway yes it's important that I agree with you to shop local and support the local growers too as welll. :) so u take care too :hug:

Take care!!

I'd be very surprised if you signed like me as you're 6th generation Deaf. :P

Mrs Bucket;1537292You're surprised I sign good said:
I teach ASL too as well[/B].

Take care!!

Man I wished we lived closer. I feel that I could really use someone closer to help me with my ASL.

:laugh2: that's good that you guys munch on your cooking while watching movies.. :) spring rolls eh? I usually eat them but not that much but it's hard to eat heathly if I go out too much anyway yes it's important that I agree with you to shop local and support the local growers too as welll. :) so u take care too :hug:

It's very important for me to eat healthy because I realise now that I get older - I'm 37 years old and realise as I get older, my body isn't getting younger.

I'd be very surprised if you signed like me as you're 6th generation Deaf. :P

You can tell by the fluency of ASL that the Deaf person comes from a large Deaf family.

Man I wished we lived closer. I feel that I could really use someone closer to help me with my ASL.

Please feel free to use ooVoo with me and we could practise on your ASL.

Please check your PM box for my ooVoo ID.

It's very important for me to eat healthy because I realise now that I get older - I'm 37 years old and realise as I get older, my body isn't getting younger.

You can tell by the fluency of ASL that the Deaf person comes from a large Deaf family.

Please feel free to use ooVoo with me and we could practise on your ASL.

Please check your PM box for my ooVoo ID.
I thought you were 26? Well that explains a number of things..

I know a family who's 6th and 7th generation deaf though I haven't seen them in years. You sign like them. I'm referring to Ridor's family BTW.

I'll check.

Back