Budgeting on $20.00 - video *ASL heavy*

Good video, Mrs Bucket! :hug:
For some time now I have been getting my food from local growers and I notice an emerging network of food deliveries to homes here. The food quality is superior and I am just asked to do odd jobs for the service.

Aww! :hug: PFH I'm honoured! I agree with your comment about Starbucks- normally I would have gone to a cafe. Even hubby grumbles when I go to a Starbucks as they are pricy and don't follow their commitments.

5 cups of coffee this am! :eek: FF, wow!

LOL @ Heath, sorry you will never find me at Whole Foods, they are a rip off! Cherries I got today were less than $2.00 and you wouldn't find that at WF - try $10.00!

I love my coffee beans and I enjoy different varieties.

Anyone here up for exchanging different coffee beans with me? PM me!

Good video, Mrs Bucket! :hug:
For some time now I have been getting my food from local growers and I notice an emerging network of food deliveries to homes here. The food quality is superior and I am just asked to do odd jobs for the service.

Aww! :hug: Thanks sweetie!

Yes, we have that here and noticed a big growth of bartering services which I love very much!

I barter my services as well.

Just recently I bartered a pair of earrings for a bottle of wine. Oh so delicious! A pair of earrings only cost me less than $2.00 to make and the bottle of wine was about $3.00 to make for the other person.

This is where bartering is very handy in this economy.

I encourage people in this AD community to do bartering.

*Better dash to get the cheesy sticks out of the oven!*

Whole Foods? well yea it's all and nice but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. You will find me at Trader Joe or some local place

Starbuck? :barf: overpriced. inconsistent. sour.

Kat - yes much better than Rachel Ray!

Jiro- I love Trader Joe's! Canada doesn't have that yet.

BTW- the cheesy sticks is delicious!! I get the dough from the bakery for only a dollar each. The dough is huge enough to be split in half & make two pizzas.

Weekly grocery is about $10 here, plus a monthly grocery of $30 worth of rice and $20 worth of meat.. and about $5-$10 for eggs. People are usually surprised I can live on such a tight budget. :shock:

I actually for 4 weeks in a row, was able to buy groceries for my family of 5 (MIL buys her own) for just $60 a week. That includes everything for hubby's lunch box, and 3 meals a day for everyone. We normally spend $175 a week. Now that hubby gets a weekly paycheck again, we are back up to $110 a week since we were shorting ourselves too much.

I go to a local produce market for fresh produce and can spend $20 for a weeks worth of produce easily, and they have a special punch card, a punch for every $10, and after 20 punches, you get $20 of free produce.

Mrs. B - I'm not able to follow all of your signing in the videos, but I got about 1/2 of what you said, so my ASL classes are helping quite a bit.

Wow, that is SO AWESOME!!! I love it! You rock! :)

Yes, a lot of people don't realize that they can get a LOT for under $20.

I buy food at Costco because they're extremely cheap even though it may look more expensive at first but if you break down the cost of each serving, wow.. only few cents.

Yup. you got good stuffs included starbuck coffee for 20 bucks. Id like to see the close up of dry sauages because i never tried that. I am looking forward to your next youtube. And aghori did a pretty job at shooting at you.

Ditto, juli. When i see your avatar.. i am so ready for summmmmmmer! and i love black kitty looking so calm looks up at the moon ( i think it's a moon or comet). ;)

This is a good vid and I need to budget my food a bit more cuz my medical bills are killing me. I notice she didn't mention meat. Perhaps I missed it?

I knew a place where I could get food cheap right across from where I live when I lived in Charlotte. I may know a place where I can get food cheap in Lynchburg, VA. I'll have to check it out on Monday when I buy groceries for next week.

2/3 of my meals are vegetarian and I almost never eat meat for breakfast and not very often for lunch. I nearly always have meat for dinner though I am thinking I'll eat vegetarian twice a week.

Opps she did mention meat. I saw the sign for sausages but was so fixated on meat that it didn't register.

Back