Breastfeeding in public around the world

Agreement! I have photos of breastfeeding all my babies and my husband
took them. He is normally very prudish about even naked baby pics but
he thinks these are precious. As do I. Nursing is wonderful!

Agreed. My mother who is a keen amateur photographer, took photos of me breastfeeding my little one and I treasure those pictures.

I also have a friend who adopted a little 3 year old from overseas and she successfully breastfed this child for a while. It wasn't easy for her but she did it.

I have to say, if a baby needs to eat, then whip it out and feed him. Who wants to have their head covered while they stuff their face? Who wants to go to a bathroom and eat? Who wants to eat in semi-dark area?

If someone is breast-feeding and ppl around her are unconfrontble, then they have the right to get up and leave. Mother's have the right to feed their kids, if they don't ppl will call cps on them. If she does it infrount of everyone, then there is prof she feeds them. Also, won't it be more rude to ask her to cover up or leave cause her baby is hungry?

I also have to say, women also don't need to show off that she breast feed. Be a little on the down-low about it. Don't like take off the shirt to feed the baby.

I also have a friend who adopted a little 3 year old from overseas and she successfully breastfed this child for a while. It wasn't easy for her but she did it.

This got my attention. You meant someone who adopt 3 years old and breastfed her for while at age 3? Or you mean someone breastfed her before adopt? I am very confused about this quote. I didn't mean to offense you just want to be clear. :Oops:

I dislike when mothers breastfeed in public, I just think that should be done in a private room or something like that...not in public

Was it because, the mother has no " fur " around her breasts to prevent from other people to see her breastfeedin' ? Look at the cows, they breastfeed their calfs and it doesn't offend people. I am sure you wouldn't say anythin' about the cows if, you see one. Don't forget that people are humans and it is normal for mothers to breastfeed their babies in public ... so much just like cows without ashamed. It doesn't mean that the mothers will have to SHOW their naked breasts for other people to see. Mind their own business and let the mothers do their job to feed their babies in public. Just leave the mothers alone. Mothers doesn't have to go home and breastfeed their babies and, then come back to where the mothers have left off. It is such a waste for goin' back and forth.

If, you ask me if, I breastfed all my kids in public. The answer is yes. Long time ago. :)

My mom's a lactation consultant. She says that the biggest barrier to breastfeeding is b/c boobs are seen as completely sexual things.
For crying out loud, a breast is ultiarian................YES, they are sexual, but almost everything is sexual. Back in the old days, people thought that things like ankles, legs etc were sexual. (some uberconservative types like extremely conservative Christians and Islams still think that. Witness for example, the fact that some christians think that women need to dress in ankle lengh skirts and the fact that some Islams make women walk around in one of those chadors, those garments that completely cover EVERYTHING, head to toe)

Ok- Animal breastfeeding is offensive. (NOT)

Of course not, people don't pay attention to the animals but to human.

I am male and I don't see any problem with female breastfeeding baby as part of cycle. If you don't like see them do that then don't look at it. That is all.

I breastfed my Cora until she weaned herself at age 2.5 and I had no problem with nursing her in public. I never covered up with a blanket or anything, because she hated it. Who wants to eat with a blanket over their head? I only had one problem, one mall security guard came up to me and told me wouldn't I be more comfortable in the bathroom? I just said, no I wouldn't be more comfortable, but if you would be more comfortable eating your lunch in the bathroom, I think it's over there --> !

Nearly every state has some sort of protection for breastfeeding in public. It is not indecent exposure, and frankly shows less breast than many ads we see posted larger than life all over.

I like your attudies!
Way to go! :h5: What more, Don't give people or Security a damn! Importance to have feed baby come w/breastfeed! Don't let baby hollering or cries out of loud front of public.. because hungry.. That nature!

I wish I could have breastfeed rest of my 3 babies but can't.. due dehydrated Milk. Only the way, I have to provide my 4th baby come w/milk formula. (My baby is coming anytime due... but don't know when... Actually baby due Nov 22nd 2007) I believe my baby will come around my arms soon before due.
:fingersx:

I breastfed both my daughters when they were babies in the public. I just put blanket over their head when they're hungry. I breastfed them in the mall, restaurant, anywhere. I'm strong believer in breastfeeding babies when able to because of all the good nutritions and vitamins in mother's milk for the baby.

I wonder though how breastfeeding in public will be looked upon with the breast pumps being used more and more?

I'm not saying it is wrong to breast feed in public, just wondering what will happen in the future with breast pumps that can pump out the milk and be stored in bottles?

I baby sat a baby girl almost 2 years ago...she was breast fed.. I had no problem feed her from pumped milk. She know the difference! Smart girl. She know when shes with me, she know bottles and if with her mama, know breast time.

Her mama pumped milk few times a day and even at work too (she do it in private in the bathroom) and one time at night like 1-2 AM in case her milk get full.

She's healthy 2 years old now. I miss her!

I breast fed my son till almost 14 months old. And he's still healthy as a horse! He rarely get sick. WOW! I am amazed how much breast milk does the work! :thumb:

I know it is not for EVERYONE. Some cannot due to not enough milk, dried up for no reason, medications that affect the milk, under weigh (my mom was one of them when she had me, dr told her no breast feed cuz her weigh was under), etc etc.

I wonder though how breastfeeding in public will be looked upon with the breast pumps being used more and more?

I'm not saying it is wrong to breast feed in public, just wondering what will happen in the future with breast pumps that can pump out the milk and be stored in bottles?

That already been happening today, women do use breast pumps for babies for varies reasons. I am one of them.

I know a lot of mothers are using breast pumps cause more mothers are working and that allows their babies to still have breast milk then formala milk.

My wife tried to breast feed our daughter, but her milk was to waterly and didn't have enough calories. We had to use the breast pump, since Jazzy was in the NICU for almost a month.

I breastfed my son in a private room and enjoy being bonding with my sweet boy. I enjoyed my time with him while I breastfed him. That chance will not last forever as you breastfed and get that chance while you can. I am glad I got my chances.

I have to say, if a baby needs to eat, then whip it out and feed him. Who wants to have their head covered while they stuff their face? Who wants to go to a bathroom and eat? Who wants to eat in semi-dark area?

If someone is breast-feeding and ppl around her are unconfrontble, then they have the right to get up and leave. Mother's have the right to feed their kids, if they don't ppl will call cps on them. If she does it infrount of everyone, then there is prof she feeds them. Also, won't it be more rude to ask her to cover up or leave cause her baby is hungry?

I also have to say, women also don't need to show off that she breast feed. Be a little on the down-low about it. Don't like take off the shirt to feed the baby.

come to think of this. Men take off their shirt and show their cuties breasts and woman can't????? So what the different when women breastfed the baby while men can take of their shirt. Hello to those ppl who dont enjoy see breast fed the baby. I saw few mother breastfed the baby in public and that didnt bother me at all. I just smile and cute good time feeding. :D

My mom's a lactation consultant. She says that the biggest barrier to breastfeeding is b/c boobs are seen as completely sexual things.
For crying out loud, a breast is ultiarian................YES, they are sexual, but almost everything is sexual. Back in the old days, people thought that things like ankles, legs etc were sexual. (some uberconservative types like extremely conservative Christians and Islams still think that. Witness for example, the fact that some christians think that women need to dress in ankle lengh skirts and the fact that some Islams make women walk around in one of those chadors, those garments that completely cover EVERYTHING, head to toe)

:gpost:

And :gpost: Handsome Smiley! :applause:

:gpost:

And :gpost: Handsome Smiley! :applause:

Geez, I have to disagree with that because breasts feeding is not a crime and I don't see that as a sexual thing. Maybe to men see it as a sexual thing but to me it not a sexual thing. This is about feeding a baby from natural breasts milk. It should not have to be such a crime. If you were in Europe or other counties, they won't care if you breasts feed the baby which is no shame in it. But in American way of life always take so much judgments and closed minded.

Geez, I have to disagree with that because breasts feeding is not a crime and I don't see that as a sexual thing. Maybe to men see it as a sexual thing but to me it not a sexual thing. This is about feeding a baby from natural breasts milk. It should not have to be such a crime. If you were in Europe or other counties, they won't care if you breasts feed the baby which is no shame in it. But in American way of life always take so much judgments and closed minded.

I like the europeon's lifestyle- Lots of open-mind and nudist in most of area-- they all respect the nature and thing like that and not turn them on but in America most men looked at tits with baby drinking that turned them on which made them :drool: that turned me off by the men. Breastfeeding is nature and part of life which God created. I rather not offense Him about breastfeeding.

:confused:

I don't think breastfeeding is a crime or sexual thing.

I said "good post" to Handsome Smiley because he writes:

"I have to say, if a baby needs to eat, then whip it out and feed him. Who wants to have their head covered while they stuff their face? Who wants to go to a bathroom and eat? Who wants to eat in semi-dark area?

"

So breastfeeding is mother's right and in public not bathroom.

And I write "good post" to DeafDyke because she writes:

"For crying out loud, a breast is ultiarian................YES, they are sexual, but almost everything is sexual. Back in the old days, people thought that things like ankles, legs etc were sexual. (some uberconservative types like extremely conservative Christians and Islams still think that. Witness for example, the fact that some christians think that women need to dress in ankle lengh skirts and the fact that some Islams make women walk around in one of those chadors, those garments that completely cover EVERYTHING, head to toe)
"

I think DeafDyke means in the old days everything was sexual like legs and breasts. Now thinking breastfeeding is sexual is like the old days and breasts really useful for feeding and not only sexual.

DeafDyke and Handsome Smiley don't think breastfeeding is a crime or shame I think. I don't think crime or shame also. But maybe I misunderstand. :dunno2:

:confused:

I don't think breastfeeding is a crime or sexual thing.

I said "good post" to Handsome Smiley because he writes:

"I have to say, if a baby needs to eat, then whip it out and feed him. Who wants to have their head covered while they stuff their face? Who wants to go to a bathroom and eat? Who wants to eat in semi-dark area?

"

So breastfeeding is mother's right and in public not bathroom.

And I write "good post" to DeafDyke because she writes:

"For crying out loud, a breast is ultiarian................YES, they are sexual, but almost everything is sexual. Back in the old days, people thought that things like ankles, legs etc were sexual. (some uberconservative types like extremely conservative Christians and Islams still think that. Witness for example, the fact that some christians think that women need to dress in ankle lengh skirts and the fact that some Islams make women walk around in one of those chadors, those garments that completely cover EVERYTHING, head to toe)
"

I think DeafDyke means in the old days everything was sexual like legs and breasts. Now thinking breastfeeding is sexual is like the old days and breasts really useful for feeding and not only sexual.

DeafDyke and Handsome Smiley don't think breastfeeding is a crime or shame I think. I don't think crime or shame also. But maybe I misunderstand. :dunno2:

Thanks. You got my post right too. I don't think breastfeeding is a crime. In fact. I feel, if a women wants to go topless, then she can. But then the laws say other wise. They are fun to play with with foreplay. But then again. Everything else on a women's body is fun for foreplay as well. But the only thing that is importent is the pussy for reproduction. Our cutlure has agained a lot.

Before, if a women had a tan, it was taboo. Now, if a women can't get a tan and show it off, then it alright, but other guys might not go for it.

Before, a women couldn't show off her legs or arms. Now, gals like to by swim suits which is smaller then a stamp. Which also helps with getting a full body tan.

Back