Breaking News.. Cnn.com

Ohhhh different bridge that they are building before that bridge collapsed?

That's complicated question, I'm not sure.

Just ask Pek1 or Falcon about more info.

Pete - the news of the wobbling bridge came from my local state paper, there was a small tidbit about it in the long article about the collapse. But the sources listed at the end of the article had 10 names as well as the AP listed, so its possible that part could be a bunch of hooey if it was bad reporting to begin with. With the story changing so much I just more or less read the daily reports anymore. I apologize if I caused any confusion or doubt.

I'll see if I can post a link to the archived story online-

I cant access it you have to have a paid online subscription as well to access it.

Since the Mississippi River is very strong with current going on daily...they should build similar to Golden Gate Bridge? :dunno: My mom thinks the water keep pushing the bridge and make it weaker...I don't know. I may misunderstood her. I hope they able to figure out WHY that bridge collapsed and hurt so many people and few killed. :(

That collapse bridge is old designed. It is trusses is not good support hold longer. Suppose to be one add more middle of bridge. I have no idea why took so long delay need to be correct repair or whatever. It was fishy story going on.

PS Construction worker notice some debris is missing part of truss and did reports but there is no take action. Look like something wrong with governor's official. I learn from news tv report said there is some send emails to threat kill or damage their reputation with employers (FEMA,NTSB and other officials.

I am not sure that the bridge "pushed" against each side of the land due the steels are overloaded. This is just my theory.

Pete - the news of the wobbling bridge came from my local state paper, there was a small tidbit about it in the long article about the collapse. But the sources listed at the end of the article had 10 names as well as the AP listed, so its possible that part could be a bunch of hooey if it was bad reporting to begin with. With the story changing so much I just more or less read the daily reports anymore. I apologize if I caused any confusion or doubt.

I'll see if I can post a link to the archived story online-

I cant access it you have to have a paid online subscription as well to access it.

Register, Dixie. It's free and it's not a subscription. No harm done, Dixie and no hard feelings. :hug:

I am wondering if the people have started cleaning up the mess off the bridge? Or is the mess still lying around? :S

I am wondering if the people have started cleaning up the mess off the bridge? Or is the mess still lying around? :S
i'm sure they're starting to clean up right now.. since they are done searching for people. i'm going there again on wednesday to take a look and i'll let you know what they look like.. maybe take a pics.. hmm..

Register, Dixie. It's free and it's not a subscription. No harm done, Dixie and no hard feelings. :hug:

Trust me, it is not free and you are required to have a paid subscription to access the news archive so cant get in and everyone will have to have paid subscription to access the news anyway. so not worth it.. I would know as im another arkansasan as well! :D

The total of dead people- 13. Remains of last missing person recovered in bridge collapse - CNN.com

they have recovered the last Mainteance worker as well.

Indeed sad to hear about this tragedy... I hope they will get thru this and will overcome the tragedy.. God bless all of the families and friends!

Back