Breaking News.. Cnn.com

where your evidence that i "really act like that around people." Really.....I don't think Im the fool who wanders aimlessly around AD annoying everybody. Now you brought your stupid BS into a tragedy. Just stay away damn it.

Okay Mr. Boo Hoo my wife is cheating on me and we can't get along.

do you really think 1080 is the number that caused the bridge to fall? so do you have a number for every disaster that happens? brother:stupid:

well there was 9/11, 911 call.... and plus I am not a brother and
stop calling me stupid, Mr. perfect.:pissed:

Yes, it's very sad and terrible... I saw on the News TV yesterday... :( I feel for victims and their families.

Guys, Guys!! Let's drop it, just get back to topic and you better zip your mouth, Deafilmedia!

I concur! An idiot if there ever was one. Gee whiz, 1080. What is that? :roll: Good grief! He's got way too much time on his hands, perhaps he needs more work to do and not bother us on AD.

Can I tell you something, Pek1? Please hush and don't tell me what to do ok? I know what I'm doing. You need to stop being a "bigot" and act like you're always right. Next time, please don't talk to members that way, thank you. Goodbye!

good greif... 5 pronouce dead... others missing, and more than 100 injured.

i read the article saying that the bridge itself fell -straight down- saves many lives.. if the bridge didn't fall -straight down- more lives will be lost.. they stated that.

anyway what piss me off.. is soon.. minnesotans will see the gas price go up.. because the governor who long time VETO on any gas tax increase...

now the governor approved to increase its gas tax from 20 cents to 35 cents per gal... a 15 cents increase. and its the first increase since 1988....

and also.. i read that there is more bridge in minnesota have the similar problem and needs to be fixed.. also not just minnesota.. other states too as well.... i hope they take this seriously.. and repair things as soon as possible nationwide... but the problem is.. we are in debt.. and if they decide to repair.. the taxes goes up.. gas prices goes up, etc etc..

DeafSCUBA98 & babymakerdaddy --

That's really close call ! Am glad to see both of you are still alive and still postin' here.

Yea our bridge near our house I'll say 15-20 min from here on way to Webster. There's a bridge across the water. They double and triple check right now. I guess they are still doing it or done.

I am sorry about the gas price. :( It isn't fun at all! So I am curious..how people get around without a bridge?

I saw one bridge which is next to it, is that one goes to Twin City? I never been there though, that's why I have to ask.

good greif... 5 pronouce dead... others missing, and more than 100 injured.

i read the article saying that the bridge itself fell -straight down- saves many lives.. if the bridge didn't fall -straight down- more lives will be lost.. they stated that.

anyway what piss me off.. is soon.. minnesotans will see the gas price go up.. because the governor who long time VETO on any gas tax increase...

now the governor approved to increase its gas tax from 20 cents to 35 cents per gal... a 15 cents increase. and its the first increase since 1988....

and also.. i read that there is more bridge in minnesota have the similar problem and needs to be fixed.. also not just minnesota.. other states too as well.... i hope they take this seriously.. and repair things as soon as possible nationwide... but the problem is.. we are in debt.. and if they decide to repair.. the taxes goes up.. gas prices goes up, etc etc..

My post that where link is provided for everyone, that who interesting to know, unless if anyone know about that.

Pek1, Please retain from rude comment at Sequioas, he is just entitled his opinion about inspecters, also he has reason to not post an articles, or something.

[rant]If you have nothing to post pertaining directly to the topic please refrain from posting!

People shouldn't have to wade through the muddy bullshit just to get some facts.[/rant]

I heard on the local news that there are several bridges in AR that may be in need of repair. I didnt get a close look at the list but I hope the Dardanelle Bridge is not one of them!

Thanks for the link. It is interesting to read though. So they are going to build a new bridge. But how long it would take?! Our was built (replaced a new one) and took 3 years, I think. Finally it is done and traffic went so smooth.

Anyway, it was sad when I heard the news. :( I hope they find missing people ASAP. My mom thinks they washed into the strong current Mississippi River. But she could be wrong, not all do. :dunno:

Dixie, I am curious how do I find out if our area needed repairs? So that way I can stay avoid till repair is complete.

I hope Dardanelle bridge don't require repair or just mild repair. (Not a MAJOR repair) Is that one you go on often?

[rant]If you have nothing to post pertaining directly to the topic please refrain from posting!

People shouldn't have to wade through the muddy bullshit just to get some facts.[/rant]

I heard on the local news that there are several bridges in AR that may be in need of repair. I didnt get a close look at the list but I hope the Dardanelle Bridge is not one of them!

Thanks for the link. It is interesting to read though. So they are going to build a new bridge. But how long it would take?! Our was built (replaced a new one) and took 3 years, I think. Finally it is done and traffic went so smooth.

Anyway, it was sad when I heard the news. :( I hope they find missing people ASAP. My mom thinks they washed into the strong current Mississippi River. But she could be wrong, not all do. :dunno:

I had checked on few articles, they will have new bridge by 2009 or 2010.

Dixie, I am curious how do I find out if our area needed repairs? So that way I can stay avoid till repair is complete.

I hope Dardanelle bridge don't require repair or just mild repair. (Not a MAJOR repair) Is that one you go on often?

I usually go over the Dardanelle Bridge at least once a week on my way to Russellville to do some shopping. With the fact that the Dardanelle Lock and Dam is only about a mile upriver the current under the bridge is incredibly strong, if it ever collapsed I doubt there would be any survivors. It is quite a drop from the bridge to the river.

I havent found yet where you can get a list of Bridge inspections by state.

Back