body piercings!!!

Which one hurts worse when it get pierced.. tongue or belly button?

Originally posted by WaterRats13
Have you thought of when you plan on having babies -- what will you do with the piercings in the nipples? I know that taking out the barbells and the holes will eventually close....so, what you plan on on that one? ;)
I think it will be uncomfortable having the piercings stay in the nipples while pregnant and especially breast feeding! :shock:
well if i were to get pregnant and start a family id take them out..but for now.they are staying in :)

I had my belly Button pierced and it took me about 1-2 months to heal and change the jewlery or remove it, but remember TO PUT IT BACK, or it will close.
In my opinion, tongue is more painfully than belly button pierce :)

Originally posted by PiercedPixie
well if i were to get pregnant and start a family id take them out..but for now.they are staying in :)

Good thinking, PiercedPixie! ;) I would do the same if I had mine done....I don't anyway, ha. Only have my nose and tongue pierced...and that's enough! :lol:

Have you thought of when you plan on having babies -- what will you do with the piercings in the nipples? I know that taking out the barbells and the holes will eventually close....so, what you plan on on that one? ;)
I think it will be uncomfortable having the piercings stay in the nipples while pregnant and especially breast feeding! :shock:

actually I was surfing few weeks ago about this and I decide to surf again and found information about begin breastfeed with pierces on their nipple. It is safe.

according to this ~
http://www.lalecheleague.org/llleaderweb/LV/LVJunJul99p64.html

Wendy

Originally posted by WBHarley
actually I was surfing few weeks ago about this and I decide to surf again and found information about begin breastfeed with pierces on their nipple. It is safe.

according to this ~
http://www.lalecheleague.org/llleaderweb/LV/LVJunJul99p64.html

Wendy

:jaw: Whoa...never knew it was possible to actually breast feed whilst having pierced nipples! Well..WTG for them! You hear that, PiercedPixie? It's a possibility for you to be able to retain your piercings on the nipples AND still breastfeed! :)

:jaw: Whoa...never knew it was possible to actually breast feed whilst having pierced nipples! Well..WTG for them! You hear that, PiercedPixie? It's a possibility for you to be able to retain your piercings on the nipples AND still breastfeed! :)

some can some can't

the website even suggest to take the jewlery off so that way baby won't get choked.....

also it did suggest to leave pierces in for 6-10 months before take off and on or you will end up having re-pierces them

I have though about it for long time now i can't due pregnant and probably will never do it unless i got lots of gust do it LOL due of having so many things to do etc. Hubby knows I want one Hehe..
Even he knew I want tattoo too Grins

Wendy

some can some can't

the website even suggest to take the jewlery off so that way baby won't get choked.....

also it did suggest to leave pierces in for 6-10 months before take off and on or you will end up having re-pierces them

I have though about it for long time now i can't due pregnant and probably will never do it unless i got lots of gust do it LOL due of having so many things to do etc. Hubby knows I want one Hehe..
Even he knew I want tattoo too Grins

Wendy

Heheheh....just take your time and wait until you feel the time's right. :) BTW, how far in your pregnancy are you now? I'm just wondering. I'm not planning on being pregnant anytime soon or at all. Hubby and I reached a decision of not having kids of our own as he already has 2 of his from a previous marriage. I sort of don't mind, but I do want to have my own....have to wait a bit longer and see if hubby changes his mind. ;) (I'm 32 and he's 37)

piercing... yikes... one of these days, I may just get my nipples pierced for the hell out of it. Hell, when I AM drunk.. haha

Only one hole per ear for me, and a tattoo in the back for me currently.... but that one needs recoloring after 5 years. lol

Pixie, a little pain eh?? LOL I bet you do a little more than just flicking your tongue. :P

Heheheh....just take your time and wait until you feel the time's right. :) BTW, how far in your pregnancy are you now? I'm just wondering. I'm not planning on being pregnant anytime soon or at all. Hubby and I reached a decision of not having kids of our own as he already has 2 of his from a previous marriage. I sort of don't mind, but I do want to have my own....have to wait a bit longer and see if hubby changes his mind. ;) (I'm 32 and he's 37)

Im 35 and my husband is 42. I ll be 36 in oct. my husband will be 43 on Dec 31...... LOL

I know im kinda middleage for this baby thing

My husband's first child anyway and 3rd for me..........
Anyway Baby due around Jan 16th..

Wendy

Originally posted by WildKaTReSS
Which one hurts worse when it get pierced.. tongue or belly button?

Both are pain in different way!

Tongue, u will expect to deal with pain for less than a week due of swollen. Difficult to eat solid food. Just eat soup and soft food. Have to use mouthwash bottle for get rid some germs in tongue. Avoid spicy for short time. Healing about up to 6 weeks or so. I was told by piercer that I cannot have oral sex for 2-3 weeks after pierced on my tongue in 2000.

Belly button for me, not get hurt during needle thru. After one hour, start feel some pain but can deal with it. Have to clean up. Use medicine daily. I did wear a ring at begin. for about 8 weeks before change to Gauge 14/15 316L Surgical Stainless Steel. Survive with some pus on and off. I researched thru body piercing about healing time. Take about 6 months to one year for belly button (longest one than any other piercing cuz of thick skin)

Im 35 and my husband is 42. I ll be 36 in oct. my husband will be 43 on Dec 31...... LOL

I know im kinda middleage for this baby thing

My husband's first child anyway and 3rd for me..........
Anyway Baby due around Jan 16th..

Wendy

That's not *OLD* as you claim to be for being pregnant! :P It's ok to be pregnant around that age up to 45, I reckon. The oldest I have heard of giving birth to a baby was 40 something...also another at 57, I think. (that was back in the '80's)

Once women have reached and passed age 40, they just have to be extra careful and have extra check ups with doctors -- cos of due to age, babies can have Down's Syndrome or some other minor defects.

Well I've only got 2 holes in each ear and that's all I'm going to have. But my deaf friend got a piercing in her tongue and I watched *blink*. It was soo *ewww* for me. But she was happy and she was able to eat after a few hours, soft foods though. Strangely she didn't get any swelling as several other people got swelling with a tongue stud.

Navel piercings get infected VERY easily so it's not really recommended. As for the rest... all I can say is "ew!" and "ouch!".

Ziusudra

very interesting article about breastfeeding... i would still take out my piercings if i were to have a child and planned on breast feeding...the balls on my barbells are kinda big so would be best for me to take them out
wendy - thanks for the info!

Ouch. I posted my advice in another thread, piercings I think it was called.

And my friend says tongue piercings don't hurt.... strangely enough, I would have thought it'd hurt more than navel ones.

Ziusudra

I got it like 1 1/2 year ago. Fought with mild infection for at least 3 months after piercing. Nope, I've worn tight shirt and it didnt show, probably barely but almost unnoticeable. You should get a nice diamond designed belly button jewelery for your wedding!!!! Taking the dress off after wedding at the hotel with your hubby would be a nice turn on for him! LOL

In my opinion, tongue piercing is short term pain than navel piercing. but depend on indivual's. some of them are easily get infected. some are not.

I want to be pierced on my tongue again after not wear for 3 years.

Originally posted by Ziusudra
Well I've only got 2 holes in each ear and that's all I'm going to have. But my deaf friend got a piercing in her tongue and I watched *blink*. It was soo *ewww* for me. But she was happy and she was able to eat after a few hours, soft foods though. Strangely she didn't get any swelling as several other people got swelling with a tongue stud.

Navel piercings get infected VERY easily so it's not really recommended. As for the rest... all I can say is "ew!" and "ouch!".

Ziusudra

:rofl: @ Ziggy....NEVER know....that you'll change yer mind one day in the near future and get some piercings!!!! ;)

When I got my tongue pierced -- it didn't hurt at all, no pain until 3 hours AFTER it was done and tongue swelled up double its size and was like that for about 3 days. My diet consisted of soft/pureed food. ;)
2 years later, I'm fine...can eat just about anything and nothing bothers me. :lol:

HEA!!!!! U thinking about getting a triangle done?! OH COOL!! Just let me know how it goes, k? I'm so curious!

Back