BlackBerry 8700g vs Sidekick 3

deafclimber said:
now i understand why ! are you a high school student ?

Not anymore...right now he is the pre-college boyish lad...

deafclimber said:
now i understand why ! are you a high school student ?

I already graduated in June 2006.

850mhz is much better. No wonder my friends who own Sk2 and very weak signal. My Treo650's signal is better than them. Everyone think t-mobile suck, some of them think I use Cingular plan. I said no, I use t-mobile. They just like WTF?

volcomskatz said:
I already graduated in June 2006.

thanks... and congratulation. best of luck in college...

now i understand why i had been mindboggled in these mobile threads since then.

sorry, volcom. no offense.

Neo said:
850mhz is much better. No wonder my friends who own Sk2 and very weak signal. My Treo650's signal is better than them. Everyone think t-mobile suck, some of them think I use Cingular plan. I said no, I use t-mobile. They just like WTF?

well i dont understand all ppl talked about 850mhz.. are we talking about processor in mobile ?

my 8125 has 200mhz processor and it runs just fine...

if more powerful processor is in mobile, it wud drain the battery down quicker according to my researching in mobiles websites.

Mookie said:
I was replying to your post.

You misunderstood me and your own post. Not many celebrities use SK3, but they use MDA, Treos, PDAs of Cingular, Sprint, Tmoblie, Verizon, Nexel, etc...

My bad, I means many do have SK2 instead of most. It's too early to upgrade into SK3 right now.

Yea, there's many different cell phone and PDA around here with many network like Cingular, T-Mobile and several more.

deafclimber said:
thanks... and congratulation. best of luck in college...

now i understand why i had been mindboggled in these mobile threads since then.

sorry, volcom. no offense.

Point is... it DEPENDS on where the coverage provides. Some area don't provide specific freqency while other areas offers that. Remember it is what Antenna is already set up in the area. That is why I focus on what coverage they provided, instead of just focus on frequency alone.

Neo said:

FYI Volcomskatz is still on my ignore list. I do NOT like his attitude toward to me. I have been around here long long long time and have enough experience. I do not need any craps from newly graduated High schooler! I have been there many many times while he hasn't been there and think he knows the answer (scoffs).

I learned the hard way.... Always respect older people cause they were there before me. Now I understand what the older people have been trying to tell me in the past.

diehardbiker65 said:
Point is... it DEPENDS on where the coverage provides. Some area don't provide specific freqency while other areas offers that. Remember it is what Antenna is already set up in the area. That is why I focus on what coverage they provided, instead of just focus on frequency alone.

ahh now i understand why are we arguing about 850 mhz frequency bands....

diehardbikers is right about where the coverage area provides what modes are that the phones support.

the best thing to do is to get a mobile with quad-band modes.

diehardbiker65 said:

My friends who own SK2 and I are IN SAME area. They got 1-3 bars and I got full bars. Remember we are in exactly same area just 3 feets away from me.

850Mhz added almost 400,000 square miles of new coverage this year. 400,000 sq miles is LOT.

I went to TX last month to tour around. My friend use Cingular so We test around each for signal and don't see any diff. We are same. Cuz we have 850mhz band and much better signal than Sk2 due no 850mhz band.

More info.

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2005Dec/bpd20051219033874.htm

Right, what if that area don't offer 850mhz frequency, then what good is the device that uses only 850mhz, eh?

deafclimber said:
ahh now i understand why are we arguing about 850 mhz frequency bands....

diehardbikers is right about where the coverage area provides what modes are that the phones support.

the best thing to do is to get a mobile with quad-band modes.

Still you don't get it, I don't care how much coverage they offer. If they don't offer in my area, so what good is it anyway? It becomes pointless anyway. I just simply go where there is coverage exists, period!

Neo said:
My friends who own SK2 and I are IN SAME area. They got 1-3 bars and I got full bars. Remember we are in exactly same area just 3 feets away from me.

850Mhz added almost 400,000 square miles of new coverage this year. 400,000 sq miles is LOT.

I went to TX last month to tour around. My friend use Cingular so We test around each for signal and don't see any diff. We are same. Cuz we have 850mhz band and much better signal than Sk2 due no 850mhz band.

More info.

Neo said:

More info.

if u stand at a tower and your tmobile's bar is full and my cingular bar shows little, that means that tower belongs to tmobile.

i still agree with diehardbiker.... i know the wireless stuffs more cuz i work for this wireless company so i better back off for these pointless issues like frequency bands...

Exactly! It all depends on who owns the tower and what the tower provides, EVEN zoning can rule on what frequency can be used on tower. I had friend of mine who work few months on tower and told me all interesting stories and information. I find it fantastic! The tower itself is cheap to build but the package can cost whopping over a million dollars, 3/4 of that cost goes to legal cost!!!

deafclimber said:
if u stand at a tower and your tmobile's bar is full and my cingular bar shows little, that means that tower belongs to tmobile.

i still agree with diehardbiker.... i know the wireless stuffs more cuz i work for this wireless company so i better back off for these pointless issues like frequency bands...

yep the tower isnt cheap...

that made me sick to see the wireless towers' fees when i used to work in finance dept at this wireless co.

Yup, and the attorneys gets the most of piece of pie! Diguesting!

deafclimber said:
yep the tower isnt cheap...

that made me sick to see the wireless towers' fees when i used to work in finance dept at this wireless co.

diehardbiker65 said:
FYI Volcomskatz is still on my ignore list. I do NOT like his attitude toward to me. I have been around here long long long time and have enough experience. I do not need any craps from newly graduated High schooler! I have been there many many times while he hasn't been there and think he knows the answer (scoffs).

I learned the hard way.... Always respect older people cause they were there before me. Now I understand what the older people have been trying to tell me in the past.

Toobad, I joined here last year in 2005.

I have admit that you are ignorant person and you are just nothing to know about T-Mobile coverage. ;)

That's fine for add me to ignore list, also you gave me a bad attitude too. :lol:

volcomskatz said:
you are just nothing to know about T-Mobile coverage. ;)

(laughing)hey mr knoweverythingaboutmobile... probably you dont know more about tmobile either...

cant you see the differences in these wireless companies' coverages?....

tmobile's coverage is much smaller than verizon, sprint and cingular's if you are speaking the nationwide coverages.

Back