Bill: Mandatory Paternity Tests Before Birth Certificates Issued

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wld feel offended if they ask me for my dna to match my and jolies sons even though we are divorced.. bec i know those boys are mine period.. i can understand some point about affiars, cheaters, unmarried couples etc i dont blame y'all for that feelings remember many opinions is best than one opinions

i wld feel offended if they ask me for my dna to match my and jolies sons even though we are divorced.. bec i know those boys are mine period.. i can understand some point about affiars, cheaters, unmarried couples etc i dont blame y'all for that feelings remember many opinions is best than one opinions

:gpost:

:-o lying is never a right thing to do. dishonesty would only ruin the relationship between the child and the mother. Were we all taught at an early age that lying is wrong?

Do you lie sometimes? not everbody is 100 % honest. are u? :cool:

Good posting.

yeah some men don't want to take responbility as a father and runs away.. also some refuse to take DNA test, if the father refuse DNA test, she can take him to court to force him to take DNA test. Lot of dead beat fathers are lousy.

I think they can give that guy a warrant to get dna testing for paternity to prove that he's the actual father of the kid and be held responsible. I'm not sure. They can even warrant people to take off shirt to check for scars from fighting, stab wounds, any other evidence.

Good question, I think the birth certificate would leave a blank for the prove of fathering until the father is found, that including support for the child as well until the paternity test is completed. They will find him, they have a database to find the absent parents by social security numbers, employment, or place of residents.

I believe warrant can force the guy to do this so they can prove that he's the father of the kid. Warrant can do anything even just for taking off the shirt for injury evidence. So a woman would have to hold a birth cerficate with a blank on it? That sounds weird.

Do you lie sometimes? not everbody is 100 % honest. are u? :cool:
white lies is not the same as lying about something so huge, especially when it comes to children or important things. I would never lie to my own children, if you think lying to your own daughter makes it okay with you, then that's you. :ugh3:

Very interesting thread here. I read cons/pros on both sides until I spot Casperman's post...

:gpost:

Accord article of first thread.
"I think it's offensive because I am married," Kopp said. "Even for women who aren't married, if they want to get a birth certificate, I think that that should be their right. I don't think they should have to prove who the father is."

I would feel offensive because I don't sleep with anyone but my husband.

So a woman would have to hold a birth cerficate with a blank on it
It's very common for those who had a child out of wedlock if the father wasn't present in the child's life the whole 9 months, a mother will leave the birth certificate of the father's name a blank.

Here in Germany -

Unmarried couple live together to have a child. A man accept his knowledge that he is the father of child before add his name in birth certifcate. Until they spilt up and claim that the child is not his to avoid for pay child support. The law obligate him to have DNA test with his own cost if he deny his paternity.

Married couple and unmarried couple - but up to spouse/partners. If they doubt their paternity then take their paternity test with their own cost.

Some mothers don't want to do anything with their ex and decide to put "unknown" on birth certifcate. Some fathers protest against mother's decision for want to have their name in birth certifcate. The law tell fathers to take their paternity test to prove that they are really fathers and then obligate to add his name in birth certicate because he agrees to pay child support and visitation rights.

Some mothers put "unknown" in birth certicate if the father of their child disappeared... or put his name because some mothers beleive their child has the right to know who is her/his father.

Law do not allow to have step dad's name in birth certifcate unless he adopt a child with real father's approval first.

Mother will get in trouble with law for lie birth certifcate if they found out that her spouse is not father of her child.

I personally think paternity bill doesn't solve anything.

Last edited:

I personally think paternity bill doesn't solve anything.
It will solve any assumptions, suspicions, and lies about who the biological father is the child. Too many fathers out there been paying child support to a child that isn't theirs, what can we do to help them? and the children who been lied to after all those years to the fact that the man living in their home isn't the child's father?

I think people need to stop thinking about themselves and think about the other children and fathers out there. That's why I've been keeping an open mind on this bill.

Geez....what a mess this will be! Even if they pass this bill, people who lie to their children will still continue to lie to them. They will find ways but for those who dont live a life as a lie, it is unfair.

Yes I second that.

It will solve any assumptions, suspicions, and lies about who the biological father is the child. Too many fathers out there been paying child support to a child that isn't theirs, what can we do to help them? and the children who been lied to after all those years of the fact that the man living in their home isn't the child's father?

I think people need to stop thinking about themselves and think about the other children and fathers out there. That's why I am keeping an open mind about this bill.

Do you mean that a mother lied to different men and claim that a child is their and collect child support from them?

If your answer is YES...

It look like that a mother took different men to court for child support without demand DNA test? :confused:

Sorry, it make no sense... Normally accord the law, if a mother take her ex to court for child support then DNA test is obligate to demand for prove his paternity. This is a law.

You should blame a mother for lie her child, not government.

Do you mean that a mother lied to different men and claim that a child is their and collect child support from them?

If your answer is YES...

It look like that a mother took different men to court for child support without demand DNA test? :confused:

Sorry, it make no sense... Normally accord the law, if a mother take her ex to court for child support then DNA test is obligate to demand for prove his paternity. This is a law.

You should blame a mother for lie her child, not government.
:confused:

Your own post.

Too many fathers out there been paying child support to a child that isn't theirs,

That's why I make sure if I understand your post correct either you mean that a mother lied to different men and claim that a child is their and collect child support from them or not?

If your answer is YES

and explain you in my post about law over paternity DNA test, etc.

It will solve any assumptions, suspicions, and lies about who the biological father is the child. Too many fathers out there been paying child support to a child that isn't theirs, what can we do to help them? and the children who been lied to after all those years to the fact that the man living in their home isn't the child's father?

I think people need to stop thinking about themselves and think about the other children and fathers out there. That's why I've been keeping an open mind on this bill.

i gotta add this.... this wont work, period.. my nephew's ex gf sued him for child support. court ordered him to pay child support back years 10 yrs of back support. finally they did the dna test and guess what? the child is not even his to begin with? he never signed the birth certificate or anything like that.. its not his child? yet court ordered him to pay child support.. ITS A MUST! wtf??? court is dirty.. it wont do any good for the bill anyway..

my nephew is trying to tell them the child is not his.. did court cared? no..they kept putting him in jail for not paying child support. he refused to pay cuz dna test said its not his child? they want money ...so greedy sheesh..

i gotta add this.... this wont work, period.. my nephew's ex gf sued him for child support. court ordered him to pay child support back years 10 yrs of back support. finally they did the dna test and guess what? the child is not even his to begin with? he never signed the birth certificate or anything like that.. its not his child? yet court ordered him to pay child support.. ITS A MUST! wtf??? court is dirty.. it wont do any good for the bill anyway..

my nephew is trying to tell them the child is not his.. did court cared? no.. they want money ... sheesh..

wow... unbelievable...

That's what I thought so... I can see that my response question toward Cheri's correct.

Anyway, I can tell from your post that the court don't bother to demand paternity test when a mother took different men to court for child support without demand DNA test. *speechless*

I can't beleive that the court don't bother to demand DNA test on him before make judgement. Normally the court should do with paternity DNA test first until prove it then arrange child support....

You wouldn't have to worry about it.

:gpost: There are innocent men that have been slapped with child support when in fact, it's not their child.

This makes sense.

What's wrong with DNA test to prove their paternity ? Is it not hard to demand their right?

Your own post.

That's why I make sure if I understand your post correct either you mean that a mother lied to different men and claim that a child is their and collect child support from them or not?

If your answer is YES

and explain you in my post about law over DNA test, etc.

No, You did not understood my post. I did not mean one mother, I meant many mothers, and there's many fathers who been paying child support never had any reason to doubt the child was not theirs. Sometimes those mothers don't take the fathers to court, they settle their own child support arrangement with the fathers. Which I think that's a bad idea. Some of those mothers are just trying to prevent the truth from coming out.

And Freakycat, It's never a good idea to start out in court, Child Support Enforcement is always on the side of a parent with custody of a child. They will establishing paternity. They always follow that guidelines. I would advise your nephew to go through child support enforcement. If the child is not his, he does not have to pay child support.

Right, and when a child living in a house with a man she/he thought was his/her biological father, then later finding out that man who is living in their home is not the father of the child, He was only the father that this child has known, I can only imagine how it will effect the child's self-esteem. I'll bet it'll destroy a child's world. :(

The most important gift that mothers can give to their children is their love and trust by telling the children the truth, no matter how bad it is. ;)

It's mother's decision her "dishonestly", not us including government. It's father's decision for demand his rights to have DNA test to prove his paternity or not, not us including government. It's both fault on their side if they choose to lie their child or choose to not take DNA test. Its between them.

It's mother's problem if her child found out the truth later.

I personally rather to tell my child the truth myself than let her/him learn the truth from someone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back