Bill: Mandatory Paternity Tests Before Birth Certificates Issued

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, It is not necessary to a point to make it a law. Sure, there are some women out there that are not so faithful but there are others that are so faithful (and knowingly 100%) of a certain man who would be the father.

I think this law is pretty dumb. If the man feels that he is not the father of the child for whatever reasons, let him take a DNA test and if he happens to be on the birth certificate - that simply can be changed with a proof of the DNA test (if he isn't found to be the father). If the man wish to acknowledge the "father" role, then let him sign the birth certificate without a paternity test. I think by dishing out a lot of money just to make a proof because the "supposedly law" says so is just far too extreme and it is like telling us that either we have to dish out the bucks just so we can have the man on the birth certificate. Dumb, isn't it?

Whether the couple is married or not, it is under the assumption that we all do this or that. It doesn't mean that every women are like this.

Right. That's what bothers me. It assumes that all women are cheaters and liars. It is the minority of women that are guilty of this behavior, so why should it be assumed automatically that all women behave this way. Unless there is a reason to suspect unfaithfuless, one should not be accused of being unfaithful. I don't like being judged based on what someone else has done. Just because Jane Doe did it, doesn't mean that I do it too. ust because I am of the same gender. Some men cheat, too, but that doesn't mean they all do.

What you all dont understand is, that is a couple is married and the spouse cheats or if they are seperated and not yet divorced the law automatically assumes that the husband is the father of the child.

I know this personal experience. My husband, has another child. And the woman he had that child with was seperated from her husband but not yet divorced. This woman kept saying that my husband was the father. We called the CSEA and asked them for DNA tests on the little girl. We were told that they wouldnt do it because the woman was married and the law naturally assumes that the husband is the father. Until the baby wasw taken away from her for being an unfit mother. The husband was paying child support. He too was fighting for DNA testing that whole time. It was a mess. We finally did get DNA testing done. There was 5 guys there being tested. Along with my husband. Turns out the little girl was my husbands daughter.

There are other stories of cheating spouses and questionable parentages as well to consider.

Even though my son's father did sign the birth certificate. When my son got into trouble and was put into DYS, the court ordered DNA testing, to prove that my son's father was indeed his father, simply because we were not married at the time.

DNA proved I told the truth on who my son's father was. Did I feel offended at having to take one? No! I was happy that there could never ever be a question of who his father was. I was happy to have solid 100% proof of this.
In SOME cases having DNA proof of parentage can actually draw the parents closer to the children, as then there is NEVER any doubt. Married couples or not.

So my answer is , I support this bill. While it is an extra cost, to me it is a worthy cost, to have 100% proof. This way no child is ever denied!
What happens if the father got the woman pregnant, and the woman already knows that the man she's with is not the father... and the real father wants nothing to do with the baby. What then?

Would you be offended if they made you do it... KNOWING that you are faithful?
No, I would not be offended. Number one I'm not guilty, I would take the test any day, number two, I'll be proud of myself after the result comes back claiming the father is the child's father, just like I told them from the beginning. My trust would be much stronger than any other women who were busted lying at the begin. ;)

No, I would not be offended. Number one I'm not guilty, I would take the test any day, number two, I'll be proud of myself after the result comes back claiming the father is the child's father, just like I told them from the beginning. My trust would be much stronger than any other women who were busted lying at the begin. ;)

hmmm make sense.

I'm going to say that I kinda don't agree with the bill where the women have to have a paternity test as a requirement. I would think it can be put down as "optional"

only if the mother agrees to take the test, the baby can be tested.

What happens if the father got the woman pregnant, and the woman already knows that the man she's with is not the father... and the real father wants nothing to do with the baby. What then?

Then move on to the next step.....

right, exactly.

It's just an excuse to get everyone's DNA on file!! Has nothing to do with paternity. This is the government building a database that it will use to cause trouble in a few decades when the people who were born before this bill were passed have all died off. Then everyone will be in the system.

this is huge trouble.

That can and does happen, no matter what. My son's father has very little to do with him. There is nothing we can do to force the father to take responisibilty by spending time with the kid.

But there is alot we can do by making sure the right man pays for the support of the kid. And alot less guesswork involved, by having mandatory testing.

What about the guaranteed right to privacy? What about confidentiality of medical information? What about innocent until proven guilty? Personally, I don't wnat the government involved in my adult, consenting sexual realtionship, my medical records, or to start assuming that the citicens of this country are guilty without evidence and proof. This bill is a blatant civil rights violation. And it buys into some of the most destructive stereotypes that can be perpetrated: that all women are deceptive and cannot be trusted. Why don't we just go back to believing that people of African American descent are automatically criminal, and that people with disabilities are less than intelligent? Those are the same types of assumptions that we have fought so hard to get rid of under the law, and now we have alwa proposed that is one huge leap backward. Shall we go back to the stereotype that women are weaker and less intelligent than men, and that by nature of the fact that they have menses, they are more prone to mental defects and hysteria?

What about the guaranteed right to privacy? What about confidentiality of medical information? What about innocent until proven guilty? Personally, I don't wnat the government involved in my adult, consenting sexual realtionship, my medical records, or to start assuming that the citicens of this country are guilty without evidence and proof. This bill is a blatant civil rights violation. And it buys into some of the most destructive stereotypes that can be perpetrated: that all women are deceptive and cannot be trusted. Why don't we just go back to believing that people of African American descent are automatically criminal, and that people with disabilities are less than intelligent? Those are the same types of assumptions that we have fought so hard to get rid of under the law, and now we have alwa proposed that is one huge leap backward. Shall we go back to the stereotype that women are weaker and less intelligent than men, and that by nature of the fact that they have menses, they are more prone to mental defects and hysteria?

:gpost:

Very Interesting!!! :roll:

I remember one of my friends told me about her cousin or uncle.< I forget? but ** I typing Here "Uncle" ***

Her Uncle is very upset that His surprised Teen daughter shows up his door! She tell him that Why that He never been in her life :eek2: He is so surprised and sad he was unexpected that "What …You re my daughter?" :dunno2: He was so confused because her mother never told him! :squint: He contacted with her mother and talks what is going on. He never knew that have daughter. Her mom told him Oh well I found new boyfriend after Uncle. He earned more of money and steady job. Uncle does not have money and unsteady job :roll:....

Uncle was so mad and Of course, He needed to take his daughter to DNA to prove. Good enough that his daughter matches DNA with her Uncle... He felt so sick and vomits!

What is more? After Her long time boyfriend dump and no support daughter's mom! Her mom decided to take Uncle to court for dead beat Daddy:shock: but Of course Uncle Won by court and do not have to pay her mom! :rl:

also remove her boyfriend name and change to Uncle name on her Birth Cerf. :eek3:

Now my friend told me that their daughter is fuck up and wear the black clothes. She put too much color black eyeliner on her eyes and lip :(:(

I believe that her mom did cause completely messy with daughter and Uncle!:mad:

umm I think its good idea for Paternity test before birth Cerf. :hmm:

That is hardly justification for mandatory paternity testing in all births. If a man was slapped with child support without DNA evidence showing that he was the father, it was because he signed the birth certificate stating that he was the father. By your reasoning, we assume the child is NOT a product of a monogamous relationship until it is proven that he/she is. Totally in reverse of the legal concept of innocent until proven guilty. Mandatory paternity testing assumes guilt until proven innocent. And worse, yet, it automatically assumes the guilt on the part of the woman, which is gender bias in the extreme.

It's also gender bias in the extreme when a woman accuses a man of being a father when he isn't!

And this bill assumes that ALL mothers, you and I included, Cheri, lie to their children about their parentage. We are being assumed guilty, and have to prove that we are honest.

And that is an issue you have a problem with?

There is nothing wrong with going the "extra step" to prove that one is being honest.

All it seems that one wants to do is to "blame it on the man" when in fact it takes two to tango.

I definitely do understand what you both are saying Cherie and Byrdie, but what about those women who are faithful, have to take paternity test before the father's name goes on the birth certificate, don't you see that as an "insult" ? .. :dunno:

If I suspect my wife of cheating, yes I would.

:crazy:

What if people cant afford the extra cost? What then?

It's also gender bias in the extreme when a woman accuses a man of being a father when he isn't!

How so? We are talking about laws that create gender bias, not an individuals actions. You can hold the entire society responsible for one person's actions. If a man has been accused of fathering a child, there are already procedures in place to determine the acurracy of that accusation.

If I suspect my wife of cheating, yes I would.

And you already have the right to request that. Simply because you believe your wife to be cheating does not automatically transfer to "All women cheat and therefore must have a DNA test done at the birth of every child they bear." Maybe you should make better choices in partners rather than expecting all of us to be responsible for your errors in judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back