Bill: Mandatory Paternity Tests Before Birth Certificates Issued

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is an issue you have a problem with?

There is nothing wrong with going the "extra step" to prove that one is being honest.

All it seems that one wants to do is to "blame it on the man" when in fact it takes two to tango.

From someone who claims to be an attorney, I would think you would have a firm grasp on the concept of innocent until proven guilty. Should I automatically assume that everything you say is a lie? That is what this bill would be encouraging.

What if people cant afford the extra cost? What then?

And what about an infertile couple that uses a sperm bank to concieve? This law would violate allsorts of confidentiality laws in that case.

How so? We are talking about laws that create gender bias, not an individuals actions. You can hold the entire society responsible for one person's actions. If a man has been accused of fathering a child, there are already procedures in place to determine the acurracy of that accusation.
It seems this bill pose a danger to you, worrying about honest people being testing, It's about having the "right" father presence in a child's life. The fact is there are numerous of mothers who had lied about the paternity of the child's father. It takes two people to create a life and nobody can change the fact that two people have created a child together. Both of them have rights and obligations as parents. It's about doing what's right in the eyes of the child. It's not about you, or I. That's why I did not even think about myself when I support this bill, I thought about all the children out there. I think this bill will protect the future emotional scars in the child's life, I have faith in believing it will. All the suspicions and lies needs to be stopped one way or another. :)

Cheri, maybe I haven't read this closely enough but proving paternity already exists now so why waste tax dollars with this new proposed law?

Cheri, maybe I haven't read this closely enough but proving paternity already exists now so why waste tax dollars with this new proposed law?
Yes, paternity test does exists but not everyone is testing unless there are suspicions, it's not demanding.

sometimes the mother will not admit that the child might not his until much later, there will be a feeling of betrayal. It's so unfair that fathers today are caring for a child which is unknowingly theirs.

This bill will make everyone be testing, no expectations If a woman has nothing to hide or has no other expectations then it should not affect the woman, it'll only affect those who had lied from the begin. So why would honest women have something to worry about? Just take it and get it over with.

Sweetheart asked me to post this:

what to do if a woman gets pregnant and she knew that guy got her pregnant and he runs off?

Even you couldn't find him and how can you get birth certificate without proof of the dna results?

what to do if a woman gets pregnant and she knew that guy got her pregnant and he runs off?

Even you couldn't find him and how can you get birth certificate without proof of the dna results?
Good question, I think the birth certificate would leave a blank for the prove of fathering until the father is found, that including support for the child as well until the paternity test is completed. They will find him, they have a database to find the absent parents by social security numbers, employment, or place of residents.

It seems this bill pose a danger to you, worrying about honest people being testing, It's about having the "right" father presence in a child's life. The fact is there are numerous of mothers who had lied about the paternity of the child's father. It takes two people to create a life and nobody can change the fact that two people have created a child together. Both of them have rights and obligations as parents. It's about doing what's right in the eyes of the child. It's not about you, or I. That's why I did not even think about myself when I support this bill, I thought about all the children out there. I think this bill will protect the future emotional scars in the child's life, I have faith in believing it will. All the suspicions and lies needs to be stopped one way or another. :)

I understand what you are saying, Cheri, but that does not mean that ALL WOMEN should be held responsible for the ones that lie. And it is about you and I because it is a violation of our civil rights. And proving paternity is no guarantee that a father will be involved in a child's life. This bill does nothing to protect a child from emotional scars. All it does is record DNA, and it does so in a way that is insulting to women. Taking DNA, and assuming that a woman has lied about the paternity of her child creates suspicion, not decrease it. And a woman who lies is a woman who lies. She needs to dealt with on an individual basis. This is but one more governmental intrusion that is totally uneccesary and punishes the innocent. Quite frankly, I don't see this bill ever passing. We already have procedures in place for determining paternity when it is suspected that a woman has provided false information. Since there is already a way to correct her wrongs, there is no need to subject an entire population to DNA testing and added expense when paternity is not being contested.

Yes, paternity test does exists but not everyone is testing unless there are suspicions, it's not demanding.

sometimes the mother will not admit that the child might not his until much later, there will be a feeling of betrayal. It's so unfair that fathers today are caring for a child which is unknowingly theirs.

This bill will make everyone be testing, no expectations If a woman has nothing to hide or has no other expectations then it should not affect the woman, it'll only affect those who had lied from the begin. So why would honest women have something to worry about? Just take it and get it over with.

If a woman lies about the paternity of her child, the feelings of betrayal will still be there. This does not get rid of that. Honest women have something to worry about because of the implied message of this proposed bill.

Good question, I think the birth certificate would leave a blank for the prove of fathering until the father is found, that including support for the child as well until the paternity test is completed. They will find him, they have a database to find the absent parents by social security numbers, employment, or place of residents.

Exactly. There are already measures in place to handle these situations. We don't need to make mandatory paternity testing a law when paternity is not being contested. And, BTW, there are just as many men who deny their paternity to get out of taking responsibility as there are women who lie about paternity. In fact, it is usually the case when a case goes to court that the woman is stating who the father of the child is, and the father is denying it. And remember, the father's DNA sample has to be available to prove paternity.

Honesty I don't think we need to have that bill passed. It's the mother's right to do what she want on the birth certiciate. There no law required to force the mother to add the child s father name on the birth certificate. I agree with jilio that we have a right to protect our sexual relationship prviate and our medical records private as well. Whatever the reasons a single mother does, it's her business and no one else's business. Who are we to pass judgment on their personal life?

yeah some men don't want to take responbility as a father and runs away.. also some refuse to take DNA test, if the father refuse DNA test, she can take him to court to force him to take DNA test. Lot of dead beat fathers are lousy.

What if the mother lied to protect her child and herself? whatever the reasons the mothers have,, it her business. What if the father have a criminal history? What if he done something to her? maybe she have a good reasons to lie. Some women I have met says they did it for protection of their children. But, hey I respect their deiscions and their business.

It's the mother's right to do what she want on the birth certiciate.
Are you saying it's okay to lie on the birth certificate? Is it ok to pick any "father" that the mother thinks that might be the father of her child to be written on a birth certificate?

Are you saying it's okay to lie on the birth certificate? Is it ok to pick any "father" that the mother thinks that might be the father of her child to be written on a birth certificate?

No that is not what I am saying, I am saying the mother have a right to leave her child birth certificate blank. I never said making name to target other man listed as a false father. Did I say it's okay to write a false name on birth certificate? NOPE. tsk. She have rights to do what she want to do for a good reasons. I never said create a name to use other man name on birth certificate. Don't twist my words, please.

What if the mother lied to protect her child and herself? whatever the reasons the mothers have,, it her business. What if the father have a criminal history? What if he done something to her? maybe she have a good reasons to lie. Some women I have met says they did it for protection of their children. But, hey I respect their deiscions and their business.
DNA paternity test has nothing to do with visitations. It is to determine whether a particular father could be the biological father of the child. Nothing more nothing less.

DNA paternity test has nothing to do with visitations. It is to determine whether a particular father could be the biological father of the child. Nothing more nothing less.

If the mother want him to take DNA and the father deny he a father, she got a right to take him to court to make him get DNA test to pay for child support. DNA is very accute. DNA don't lie.

No that is not what I am saying, I am saying the mother have a right to leave her child birth certificate blank. I never said making name to target other man listed as a false father. Did I say it's okay to write a false name on birth certificate? NOPE. tsk. She have rights to do what she want to do for a good reasons. I never said create a name to use other man name on birth certificate. Don't twist my words, please.
I did not twisted your words, You said "the mother has the right to do what she wants on the birth certificate". I had to asked. Don't take it personal.

I did not twisted your words, You said "the mother has the right to do what she wants on the birth certificate". I had to asked. Don't take it personal.

Yes I did say she have a right to do what she want do for whatever reasons she want to do with the birth cerficiate. So it really up to her. But that don't means I say anything about the false father being name birth cerificate. Some women are lucky the met a wonderful man and he ask permission if he can add his name on the birth certificate so her child could have a good father figure role model in his or her life.

Some women are lucky the met a wonderful man and he ask permission if he can add his name on the birth certificate so her child could have a good father figure role model in his or her life.
You mean non-biologicals fathers asked for permission to be on the birth certificate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back