Bible Versions

Codger said:
So then......the authors of the modern versions must be lying when they claim authorship and ownership of God's word? Or are they saying it is their word and not God's? You can see where the question of copyright comes into play in people's delima.

For the record, I have nine different editions of the Bible, a parallel Bible, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, Cruden's Concordance (over 250 years old) and several from last century few ever heard of.

If you truly want to understand the Bible, you must study it with all your heart, mind and spirit. Not just throw up your hands and say "Bah! It doesn't make sense!" Nor should you depend on a priest's (preacher, pastor, teacher, friend, etc,) reading and interpretation of the Bible. Jesus warned about placing your faith in the officials of the synagog...I.E. organized church.
Amen!

For example ...

For example here :

NIV, NASB Citation KJV

men 2 Pet. 1:21 holy me
angels Matt. 25:31 holy angels
brethren I Thess. 5:27 holy brethren
prophets Rev. 22:6 holy prophets
apostles and prophets Rev. 18:20 holy apostles and prophets
Spirit John 7:39 Holy Ghost
Spirit I Cor. 2:13 Holy Ghost
Spirit Matt. 12:31 Holy Ghost
Spirit Acts 6:3 Holy Ghost
Spirit Acts 8:18 Holy Ghost

"Satan cometh immediately and taketh away the word..." Mark 4:15

It's why I prefer to read KJV, so I don't miss out anythin'. It's dangerous to pen-knife to alter the Word of God. I don't want to live in the dark, if the Word of God is omitted. :)

CyberRed said:

"Satan cometh immediately and taketh away the word..." Mark 4:15

It's why I prefer to read KJV, so I don't miss out anythin'. It's dangerous to pen-knife to alter the Word of God. I don't want to live in the dark, if the Word of God is omitted. :)
Amen! I agree.

Look at modern versions -- how different are they? Let me explain why they are not the Word of God.

For example:

6,500+ words in the NIV are not the Word of God.

4,000+ words in the NASB are not the Word of God.

2,000+ words in the New KJV are not the Word of God.

Can you imagine when you read these words that are not the Word of God in modern versions? These modern versions use the Dynamic Equivalency. DE is dangerous because it ignores the Biblical instruction.

Askjo said:
Look at modern versions -- how different are they? Let me explain why they are not the Word of God.

For example:

Can you imagine when you read these words that are not the Word of God in modern versions? These modern versions use the Dynamic Equivalency. DE is dangerous because it ignores the Biblical instruction.

HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!

So you are saying that NASB, NIV, and New KJV are not word of God? Now you are saying that the NASB is explaining the Jesus Christ's salvation and now you are saying that NASB is wrong bible because it is not word of God. Therefore you are saying that KJV is only a word of God (Correct me if I am wrong). That’s mean you are saying the previous version of KJV is not word of God, for example Greek, before 1500s bibles.

I am saying that whole Bible translations are the word of God, period. You need to re-check before you post your points and comments. People have their choice with Bible translations and you can't drive them to KJV because it is word of God. All Bibles are word of God and no matter kind of translations. NIV NASB NKJV ESV CEV AND ALL OTHER BIBLE TRANSLATION IS WORD OF GOD.

You think you are better than many of us? Whoa you better watch out for what you are doing.

"telephone-game"...

Askjo said:

For example:

Wow! :shock:

I didn't know that was bad enough to distort the biblical truths out there with more of those newer revisions!

It reminds me of a "telephone-game" at the deaf friend party in someone's home.

If you don't know what it is, it is a darn fun game! :thumb:

The first person selects another person from the party group and walks to the other room for a privacy to say something about a short simple story like this: "A blue car is going south and red car is going north. Blue car saw red car and turned right. Blue car saw red car and turned right. No accident."

The selected person already listened what the first person has to say.

Then, both of first and selected person goes out from room. The selected person selects someone from the party group to go back to the room and saying the same story in their own version. It's like taking turns. Do this until everyone has the story.

Finally, have the last person to say what he/she had listened the story. Believe it or not, the last person often end up with the twisted story, even it is not their fault such as: "A blue car is going south and red car is going north. Blue car saw red car and turned left. Blue car saw red car and turned left. Accident happened."

So, we ended up laughing so hard :giggle: and looked ourselves of who said those twisted lines and pointing fingers at someone else. Oh, that was so fun! :laugh2: Try it at your next friend party! :party:

As you can see here, somewhere in the story lines between the first person and the last person have twisted and misunderstood and ofc, plenty of misinterpretations! Geez! That's dangerous like what Askjo just said.

It would be much better to stick with the original version. Hence, the KJV.

~DV

^ For your information, none of all bibles are twisted. They are different with the word of choice for the reading levels. They all are still word of God because every bibles have same points and meaning and explaining the Jesus's life and God's plan.

DeafVeggie said:
Wow! :shock:

I didn't know that was bad enough to distort the biblical truths out there with more of those newer revisions!

It reminds me of a "telephone-game" at the deaf friend party in someone's home.

If you don't know what it is, it is a darn fun game! :thumb:

The first person selects another person from the party group and walks to the other room for a privacy to say something about a short simple story like this: "A blue car is going south and red car is going north. Blue car saw red car and turned right. Blue car saw red car and turned right. No accident."

The selected person already listened what the first person has to say.

Then, both of first and selected person goes out from room. The selected person selects someone from the party group to go back to the room and saying the same story in their own version. It's like taking turns. Do this until everyone has the story.

Finally, have the last person to say what he/she had listened the story. Believe it or not, the last person often end up with the twisted story, even it is not their fault such as: "A blue car is going south and red car is going north. Blue car saw red car and turned left. Blue car saw red car and turned left. Accident happened."

So, we ended up laughing so hard :giggle: and looked ourselves of who said those twisted lines and pointing fingers at someone else. Oh, that was so fun! :laugh2: Try it at your next friend party! :party:

As you can see here, somewhere in the story lines between the first person and the last person have twisted and misunderstood and ofc, plenty of misinterpretations! Geez! That's dangerous like what Askjo just said.

It would be much better to stick with the original version. Hence, the KJV.

~DV
If 2,000 words are wrong in the KJV, I don't want to read it. ;)

VamPyroX said:
If 2,000 words are wrong in the KJV, I don't want to read it. ;)

:gpost: Right, 2,000 changed words for the new KJV. Just read the old and the original KJV. :)

~DV

Crazymanw00t said:
none of all bibles are twisted.
False! Read my last post about dynamic equivalency that most modern versions.
They are different with the word of choice for the reading levels.
No, they did not translate CORRECTLY from Greek/Hebrew to English -- word for word.
They all are still word of God because every bibles have same points and meaning and explaining the Jesus's life and God's plan
Same points? Nooo! Many churches use modern versions because they did not believe in the trinity for example. I confronted a man who went to different church that I disagree with. I asked him about the doctrine of the Trinity and he said the KJV is wrong because it has the doctrine of Trinity. He favors modern versions because they do not have the doctrine of the Trinity.

Crazymanw00t said:
HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!
You are angry at the FACTS, not me.
So you are saying that NASB, NIV, and New KJV are not word of God? Now you are saying that the NASB is explaining the Jesus Christ's salvation and now you are saying that NASB is wrong bible because it is not word of God. Therefore you are saying that KJV is only a word of God (Correct me if I am wrong). That’s mean you are saying the previous version of KJV is not word of God, for example Greek, before 1500s bibles.
For example:

Luke 4:4 - the doctrine of the Word of God.

The Greek text has "but by every word of God."

1526 Tyndale NT - And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God

1557 Geneva NT - And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, that Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

KJV - And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

NASB - And Jesus answered him, "It is written, '(A)MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE.'"

NIV - Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone."

NKJV's footnote said, "NU-Text omits but by every word of God."

But the NKJV's footnote is WRONG!

Why did modern versions omit "but by every word of God" from the Greek text?

The FACT is that manuscript evidences show massive manuscripts containing "but by every word of God." The KJV reverences the Word of God. Modern versions do not.

Crazymanw00t said:
I am saying that whole Bible translations are the word of God, period. You need to re-check before you post your points and comments. People have their choice with Bible translations and you can't drive them to KJV because it is word of God. All Bibles are word of God and no matter kind of translations. NIV NASB NKJV ESV CEV AND ALL OTHER BIBLE TRANSLATION IS WORD OF GOD
Re-check? I research them for MORE than 15 years.

Askjo said:
Crazymanw00t said:
Re-check? I research them for MORE than 15 years.

You are having a serious problem with your comments. You are stating that whole NIV and NASB or modern bibles are not word of God. Now you are saying that those people who uses the NIV and NASB bibles are not born again because they are reading the not word of god bibles. You are twisting yourself.

Crazymanw00t said:
You are having a serious problem with your comments. .
What is the problem with my comments?
You are stating that whole NIV and NASB or modern bibles are not word of God.
Correct. Do you know why?
Now you are saying that those people who uses the NIV and NASB bibles are not born again because they are reading the not word of god bibles.
You did not get my point. You are confused on what I am saying. Did I say they are not born again if they read them? If so, prove me where my comments are.
You are twisting yourself
Prove me - How am I twisting myself?

Askjo said:
What is the problem with my comments? Correct. Do you know why? You did not get my point. You are confused on what I am saying. Did I say they are not born again if they read them? If so, prove me where my comments are. Prove me - How am I twisting myself?

You have the biggest problems with your comments because it is biased and it is your opinion. It is also out of logic order. Also you don't have enough information to support your aguments.

Ok how can people to be born-again if they read the not word of god bibles? It is a huge twisting thing on you. Yes you did not say anything about born-again and I added it because it is a huge issue with your comments. You said that the modern bibles are not word of god. Therefore those people reads the not word of God mean that they don't have salvation because they are reading the not word of god bibles.

You know that KJV and NASB are translated from the Greek Bible. From my side viewing on you, you are saying that the NASB is not word of God because it is modern Bibles. Do you know what KJV is part of it anyway because it is translated. KJV is part of Modern bibles because it is 1000 years later from Jesus' death and translated. Therefore KJV is not a word of God because it is translated and it omits some words from Greek to meet the English standard. Now it is not word of God because it deleted one word from the Greek Bible. That is what you are trying to tell me with NASB, ESV, NIV, NLT, CEV, etc bibles. It is sad that you are twisting yourself really big time. You got pwn3d.

I really disagree with you. All different bible translation is word of God, period. Why do I say this? They describe the events, Jesus Christ's life, and God's plan in a different way to meet the various reading levels. All other than Greek bible is translated to meet their language needs. Therefore, they are word of God.

EDIT: Conclusion: You research for 15 years? Oh please! You are throwing the out of logic order information at me. Are you trying to win me to believe your outrange information? {edited comment} Well done! I can trust your information if you show me the non-biased information and many sources to support your arguments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazymanw00t said:
You have the biggest problems with your comments because it is biased and it is your opinion. It is also out of logic order. Also you don't have enough information to support your aguments.
Opinion? It is your word, but you denied the FACTS. I talked about Luke 4:4 and DE in my last posts. That is the FACT, not opinion. Did you check them???? I did not see your refutation against me on this verse.
Ok how can people to be born-again if they read the not word of god bibles? It is a huge twisting thing on you. Yes you did not say anything about born-again and I added it because it is a huge issue with your comments.
Did I say that they are not born again if they read them?
You said that the modern bibles are not word of god. Therefore those people reads the not word of God mean that they don't have salvation because they are reading the not word of god bibles.
If they are not the Word of God, how would I lead them to the Lord by using modern versions?
You know that KJV and NASB are translated from the Greek Bible.
Greek only? Wrong! These translations were translated from the HEBREW text and GREEK text.
From my side viewing on you, you are saying that the NASB is not word of God because it is modern Bibles. Do you know what KJV is part of it anyway because it is translated. KJV is part of Modern bibles because it is 1000 years later from Jesus' death and translated. Therefore KJV is not a word of God because it is translated and it omits some words from Greek to meet the English standard. Now it is not word of God because it deleted one word from the Greek Bible. That is what you are trying to tell me with NASB, ESV, NIV, NLT, CEV, etc bibles. It is sad that you are twisting yourself really big time. You got pwn3d.
How were the KJV and NASB or modern versions translated? The KJV was translated from the 1589 Greek text and the Hebrew text.. NASB and modern versions were translated from the 1881 corrupted Greek text and corrupted Hebrew text.

Did the KJV omit some words from Greek? If so, please prove me.
I really disagree with you. All different bible translation is word of God, period. Why do I say this? They describe the events, Jesus Christ's life, and God's plan in a different way to meet the various reading levels. All other than Greek bible is translated to meet their language needs. Therefore, they are word of God.
Remember what I talked about 99% and 1% -- the fact shows that manuscript evidences supported the KJV - 99%! - this means that 99% is the Word of God. Manuscript evidences supported modern versions - 1% - this means that 1% is the Word of God.
EDIT: Conclusion: You research for 15 years? Oh please! You are throwing the out of logic order information at me. Are you trying to win me to believe your outrange information? You already won the most outrange information award. Ravensteve1985(whatever it is) is a second place. Well done! I can trust your information if you show me the non-biased information and many sources to support your arguments
If you want my opnion, I will not buy it. If you want the facts, research them. I will show you something.

KJV Bible

The bible is a sealed book.
For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep
sleep, and hath closed your eyes…and the vision of all is
become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which
men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray
thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed. Isaiah 29:10, 11

Man’s sin casts a shadow which darkens his understanding
of each verse.

Who is worthy to open the book and to loose the seals
thereof?…no man was found worthy to open and to read.
Revelation 5:2,4
The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of
men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek
God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become
filthy…Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge.
Psalm 14:2-4
Why do ye not understand my speech?…Ye are of your
father the devil. John 8:43-44
[N]one of the wicked shall understand. Daniel 12:10
A scorner seeketh wisdom and findeth it not: but
knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.
Proverbs 14:6
[T]he wicked. They know not, neither will they understand.
Psalm 82:4,5
A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this. Psalm 92:6
Evil men understand not judgment. Proverbs 28:5
[T]he people…the Pharisees…they understood not what
things they were which he spake unto them. John 8:2, 3, 10:6
Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools,
when will ye be wise? Psalm 94:8
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge,
God gave them over to a reprobate mind…Being
filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness,
covetousness, maliciousness; fully of envy, murder, debate,
deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God,
despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenant
breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit
such things are worthy of death… Romans 1:28-32

Even man’s mind cannot penetrate the deep, dark shadow
which blackens ‘the book’
[F]or the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and
the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
Isaiah 29:14
For it is written, I…will bring to nothing the understandingof the prudent. I Corinthians 1:19
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of
God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know
them, because they are spiritually discerned. I Corinthians 2:14

The shadow is shaped like the profile of a heart jagged
with sin.

[W]alk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their
mind, Having the understanding darkened…because of
the blindness of their heart. Ephesians 4:17,18
[Y]e shall hear, and shall not understand…For the heart
of this people is waxed gross…lest they should…
understand with their heart. Acts 28:26,27
[Y]e fools, be ye of an understanding heart. Proverbs 8:5
[T]hou hast hid their heart from understanding. Job 17:4
They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut
their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they
cannot understanda deceived heart hath turned him
aside. Isaiah 44:18-20
And they understood none of these things: and this saying
was hid from them. Luke 18:34
[W]here is the place of understanding? Seeing it is hidfrom the eyes of all living. Job 28:20-21

There is ‘a way’ of understanding the bible and that way
is Jesus Christ.

The preface to the KJV says, “He removeth the scales from
our eyes, the veil from our hearts, opening our wits that we
may understand His word.”
Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root
of David, hath prevailed to open the book…for thou wast
slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood.
Revelation 5:2, 4, 5, 9
[G]o in the way of understanding. Proverbs 9:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way… John 14:6
The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding
shall remain in the congregation of the dead. Proverbs 21:16
Hearken unto me everyone of you, and understand. Mark 7:14
Then opened he their understanding, that they might
understand the scriptures. Luke 24:45
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath givenus an understanding… I John 5:20
Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and
knowledge. Colossians 2:2
Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is
infinite. Psalm 147:5
[H]e hath counsel and understanding. Job 12:13
[W]ho hath given understanding to the heart? Job 38:36
[T]he Almighty giveth them understanding. Job 32:8
Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding.
I Chronicles 22:12
[T]he Lord give thee understanding in all things.
II Timothy 2:7
[T]he LORD made me understand. I Chronicles 28:19
[E]very wise hearted man, in whom the LORD putwisdom and understanding. Exodus 36:1
I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart.
I Kings 3:12
Pharaoh said unto Joseph…thou canst understand
And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me:
God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace. Genesis 41:15, 16
God gave them knowledge…Daniel had understanding
in all visions and dreams. Daniel 1:17, 18
And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding
exceedingly much, and largeness of heart. I Kings 4:29

CyberRed said:

of each verse.

For it is written, I…will bring to nothing the understandingof the prudent. I Corinthians 1:19

with sin.

[W]here is the place of understanding? Seeing it is hidfrom the eyes of all living. Job 28:20-21

is Jesus Christ.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath givenus an understanding… I John 5:20
[E]very wise hearted man, in whom the LORD putwisdom and understanding. Exodus 36:1
Amen! :)

CyberRed said:

of each verse.

with sin.

is Jesus Christ.

What is your point? Are you saying that KJV is only a word of god bible in modern time?

Back