Bible Versions

Holy Bible New Living Translation -- It's easy for me to understand ;)

There were about 3,410 translations (i.e. changed words, sentences, omitted, added, etc) on the Bible to this day. That number figure is partly what you see now with the long list of deifferent verse scripts on Mark 7:23 posted by Crazymanw00t. KJV is consider the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly.

~DV

King James Version ( KJV )
"Every Word of God is pure;" .... Proverbs 30:5
"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book".

Revelation 22:18-19

CyberRed said:
King James Version ( KJV )
"Every Word of God is pure;" .... Proverbs 30:5
"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book".

Revelation 22:18-19

CyberRed, thank you for bringing this up. That famous often-misunderstood verses were just speaking in reference to the Book of Revelation itself. Find the simple quote, "this book", in the above verses. See, it is not for the whole Bible, but only for the Book of Revelation.

Did you know that the "Bible" is actually like a library with many books and different authors? There are 39 books in OT and 27 books in NT. A total of 66 (double 6, not triple 6 :laugh2: ). All were written by different authors at different times. Now, who put those 66 books altogether and complied them into one single Bible? It was from King James, himself, in the 14th Century (late 1300's). Hence, the biblical version was named after him, aka the KJV. If I put those together by myself, then it will be known as DVJ. :lol: But, Askjo would be :pissed: off!

Now, the interesting part is...what books did KJV not included those in the Bible? There were many, but why? It is something you would like to ponder about it.

~DV

I use the KJV Bible. The modern versions leave out as many as 16 verses. They are Matthew 17:21, Matthew 18:11, Matthew 23:14, Mark 7:16, Mark 9:44, Mark 9:46, Mark 11:26, Mark 15:28, Luke 17:36, Luke 23:17, *John 5:4, Acts 8:37, Acts 15:34, Acts 28:29, Romans 16:24, *1 John 5:7

And if you will look in the front, they are copyrighted. So you cannot reproduce them without paying the authors for the permission to use their words.

Some leave out the name Jesus in Matthew 8:29, Acts 3:26, Acts 9:29, Acts 19:10, Romans 15:8, Romans 16:18, 1 Corinthians 5:5, 1 Corinthians 16:22, 2 Corinthians 4:6, 2 Corinthians 5:18, Ephesians 3:9, Ephesians 3:14, Colossians 1:2, Colossians 1:28, 2 Timothy 4:22, Philemon 1:6, 1 Peter 5:10, 1 Peter 5:14 ...

There are many other differences too. At Least 30 Different Modern English Versions of the Bible Exist. Each person must decide for themselves what is the Word of God. I have decided to use the KJV and have no trouble reading and understanding it.

Codger said:
And if you will look in the front, they are copyrighted. So you cannot reproduce them without paying the authors for the permission to use their words.

"Copyright" was not invented until around 1800's. All of the biblical authors in the KJV did not live to this day because they were dead long before we were born and even way before Columbus landed in USA eons ago!

So....why is it still in practice of collecting the copyright fees for whom? Depositing money in the wooden coffins of those dead authors? I'm surprised! :-o :laugh2:

~DV

DeafVeggie said:
"Copyright" was not invented until around 1800's. All of the biblical authors in the KJV did not live to this day because they were dead long before we were born and even way before Columbus landed in USA eons ago!

So....why is it still in practice of collecting the copyright fees for whom? Depositing money in the wooden coffins of those dead authors? I'm surprised! :-o :laugh2:

~DV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_copyright
Copyright is much older than that. And many authors estates continue to collect copyright fees. Why do you think Elvis is richer now than before he died? ;)

Crazymanw00t said:
^Excatly, and that is why I don't recommend people to read KVJ.
Do you agree with Codger? He has excellent answer. I agree with Codger.

Codger said:
I use the KJV Bible. The modern versions leave out as many as 16 verses. They are Matthew 17:21, Matthew 18:11, Matthew 23:14, Mark 7:16, Mark 9:44, Mark 9:46, Mark 11:26, Mark 15:28, Luke 17:36, Luke 23:17, *John 5:4, Acts 8:37, Acts 15:34, Acts 28:29, Romans 16:24, *1 John 5:7

Some leave out the name Jesus in Matthew 8:29, Acts 3:26, Acts 9:29, Acts 19:10, Romans 15:8, Romans 16:18, 1 Corinthians 5:5, 1 Corinthians 16:22, 2 Corinthians 4:6, 2 Corinthians 5:18, Ephesians 3:9, Ephesians 3:14, Colossians 1:2, Colossians 1:28, 2 Timothy 4:22, Philemon 1:6, 1 Peter 5:10, 1 Peter 5:14 ...

There are many other differences too. At Least 30 Different Modern English Versions of the Bible Exist. Each person must decide for themselves what is the Word of God. I have decided to use the KJV and have no trouble reading and understanding it.
Amen to that!

DeafVeggie said:
All of the biblical authors in the KJV did not live to this day because they were dead long before we were born and even way before Columbus landed in USA eons ago!
A person has to swear and affirm that they are the sole author of a literary work. They claim to propriatary ownership and authorship of the words. The translators of the KJV did not claim such. They translated the accepted early Greek "Textus Receptus" into king's English at the request of King James. Read the forepiece and dedication in the front of the KJV. They give God the credit for authorship.

I believe that all of the other versions are translations of the Egyptian "Alexandria Codexes". There were two different versions of them writen after the "Receptus" codex. The authors who translate these claim ownership of the very words of their "bibles".

Nevertheless, anyone who wants to place their faith and learning in one of these other translations is welcome to do so. I certainly do not advocate censorship or bashing someone based upon their bible choice.

DeafVeggie said:
Did you know that the "Bible" is actually like a library with many books and different authors?
Your question shows that you sound like an unbeliever, are you?
All were written by different authors at different times.
Nonsense!
Now, who put those 66 books altogether and complied them into one single Bible? It was from King James, himself, in the 14th Century (late 1300's)
Wrong! 47 translators whom the King James selected.
Hence, the biblical version was named after him, aka the KJV. If I put those together by myself, then it will be known as DVJ. :lol: But, Askjo would be :pissed: off!
I am not ****** off. I will not :bowdown: you.
Now, the interesting part is...what books did KJV not included those in the Bible?
What books did the KJV exclude?

Yup, I credit Santa Claus the authorship of this post.

Codger said:
A person has to swear and affirm that they are the sole author of a literary work. They claim to propriatary ownership and authorship of the words. The translators of the KJV did not claim such. They translated the accepted early Greek "Textus Receptus" into king's English at the request of King James. Read the forepiece and dedication in the front of the KJV. They give God the credit for authorship.

I believe that all of the other versions are translations of the Egyptian "Alexandria Codexes". There were two different versions of them writen after the "Receptus" codex. The authors who translate these claim ownership of the very words of their "bibles".
Amen again! Are you a TR man? If so, so am I. :mrgreen:

From what I know, copyrights are valid till the end of the 50th year after the author/creator's death.

Banjo said:
From what I know, copyrights are valid till the end of the 50th year after the author/creator's death.
Interestingly, I am not sure I recall it .

Let's make this even better,
Jesus told me to say "Get a grip."
You would be surprised at how people believe me.

The Bible puts the earth age at about five thousand yars. The Vedas put it in millions.
I dunno.

How long does a copyright last?

The term of copyright for a particular work depends on several factors, including whether it has been published, and, if so, the date of first publication. As a general rule, for works created after Jan. 1, 1978, copyright protection lasts for the life of the author plus an additional 70 years. For an anonymous work, a pseudonymous work, or a work made for hire, the copyright endures for a term of 95 years from the year of its first publication or a term of 120 years from the year of its creation, whichever expires first. For works first published prior to 1978, the term will vary depending on several factors. To determine the length of copyright protection for a particular work, consult chapter 3 of the Copyright Act (title 17 of the United States Code). More information on the term of copyright can be found in Circular 15a, Duration of Copyright, and Circular 1, Copyright Basics.

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-duration.html#duration

Term of Copyright

6. The term for which copyright shall subsist shall, except as otherwise expressly provided by this Act, be the life of the author, the remainder of the calendar year in which the author dies, and a period of fifty years following the end of that calendar year.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-42/39253.html#rid-39336

In Canada, an additional fifty years after the author's death like I said. However, it is an additional seventy years in the USA instead of fifty.

Back