Best Deaf Cell Phones? Samsung Galaxy Note II is one!

To be honest, family members here are just clueless with my husband being the worst. They don't look at me when they talk, they try to ask me questions from the other room and get mad when I don't answer, etc. My hearing loss is a big inconvenience in their lives....I've been trying for 18 years to get them to understand. I honestly think my husband thinks I am faking my hearing loss. I need him to come to one of my appointments to hear the DR tell him how severe my loss is, but he doesn't. It is what it is. I can get upset over it or just ignore it....

You need another husband. There is NO excuse for that!!!
Why did you marry him in the first place???
My wife of 15 years understands completely and makes sure I can lip read her when she talks to me. My hearing loss is 0 in right ear and 5% in left ear.

You need another husband. There is NO excuse for that!!!
Why did you marry him in the first place???
My wife of 15 years understands completely and makes sure I can lip read her when she talks to me. My hearing loss is 0 in right ear and 5% in left ear.

I wasn't hard of hearing when we got married....

I have had a Blackberry Torch 9800 for a year, it was great for email and text message, I could type very fast! However the software sometimes froze, the AppWorld stopped working, BB support service is non-existent, and the browser is slow and some websites are not displayed in a readable manner - so I sold it. The audio quality was very good, there was also a feature for hearing aid users, but it is for older technologies.

Then I bought a Samsung Nexus (the Google phone) because it was very well browser-enabled, interacts with Google's services (mail, maps, calendar, etc) but being all touch, typing was a PAI. I was used to type very fast, and with touch phones that is not possible. I tried even an iPhone, which has supposedly the best touch screen on the market, but I made too many mistake, and the autocorrect feature made me lose time.

Long story short, I bought another Blackberry with a physical keyboard (Bold 9900) and I can finally type fast again.

If you are not a fast typer, then good for you. But if you are, you'll miss it when using a touch screen!
If people make a call to get a quick info, I pop the phone and type my question. I must be able to do it fast.

I have had a Blackberry Torch 9800 for a year, it was great for email and text message, I could type very fast! However the software sometimes froze, the AppWorld stopped working, BB support service is non-existent, and the browser is slow and some websites are not displayed in a readable manner - so I sold it. The audio quality was very good, there was also a feature for hearing aid users, but it is for older technologies.

Then I bought a Samsung Nexus (the Google phone) because it was very well browser-enabled, interacts with Google's services (mail, maps, calendar, etc) but being all touch, typing was a PAI. I was used to type very fast, and with touch phones that is not possible. I tried even an iPhone, which has supposedly the best touch screen on the market, but I made too many mistake, and the autocorrect feature made me lose time.

Long story short, I bought another Blackberry with a physical keyboard (Bold 9900) and I can finally type fast again.

If you are not a fast typer, then good for you. But if you are, you'll miss it when using a touch screen!
If people make a call to get a quick info, I pop the phone and type my question. I must be able to do it fast.

Does the BB pair with your aids?

You have small hands... BBs are too small for me to type on... I type on a touchscreen with my thumb fingernail lol :)

I just got a Samsung Freeform. I use my thumbnail for typing. My carrier is US Cellular. More people prefer to text to me nowadays. It is rated m4 and t4. Picks up a weak signal better than previous phone. Previous phone I had had for years, and they recommended it at the time for HoH, but the lack of qwerty was frustrating. Newest version of my previous phone looks like it is set up for people with Alzheimer's. :shock:

Won't be using the Freeform for internet functions, as I have a Visual Land Internet Tablet (with Skype capability, but have not checked into that). I got it mostly for e-books, as it accepts both Kindle and PDF formats. I made a velvet envelope-style cover for it. :cool2: It is definitely something I can grow into.

but the lack of qwerty was frustrating

I have qwerty on mine... qwerty on a small touchscreen is frustrating lol. It's good if you have both hands, but if you just have a thumbnail, qwerty is impossible :)

the new Samsung S4 is coming, i Want that! 8 cores, thinner, and i hope it is sharper looking than the 'too rounded corners' of the S3, S3 is too ugly...and the S$ is gonna have a true 1920x1080 on a mobile, exciting!

I have qwerty on mine... qwerty on a small touchscreen is frustrating lol. It's good if you have both hands, but if you just have a thumbnail, qwerty is impossible :)
This has buttons. Yeah, my son had one with touchscreen, and it did not work well. I ended up getting him a special pointer-- I am amazed how long he had it before he lost it. I think I will start using both thumbnails. Closer to ten fingers. Might switch to predictive text.

Here updates-

OBX Defender
063358.jpg

PRO: High quality, Durable like Tank, looks excellent!
CON: Thicky, Heavy, Built-in Screen Protector (I will pop it out & replace it), technically can't use any credit card reader, big sucks!

051412.jpg

I RECENTLY updated to 4.1.2 and now have 4G LTE.. WHOOOO!

the new Samsung S4 is coming, i Want that! 8 cores, thinner, and i hope it is sharper looking than the 'too rounded corners' of the S3, S3 is too ugly...and the S$ is gonna have a true 1920x1080 on a mobile, exciting!
Grummer, Go for it! :P

Here updates-

OBX Defender
063358.jpg

PRO: High quality, Durable like Tank, looks excellent!
CON: Thicky, Heavy, Built-in Screen Protector (I will pop it out & replace it), technically can't use any credit card reader, big sucks!

051412.jpg

I RECENTLY updated to 4.1.2 and now have 4G LTE.. WHOOOO!

Grummer, Go for it! :P

how much on gb?

oh crappy on nice darn!!
it is nice on hi-tech best professional Samsung!

Something about the Note 2 I should mention. If you use it to watch Netflix with subtitles, I just discovered that the HDMI connection will carry the show to the TV, but not the subtitles. So much for bringing my Netflix to my friend's house. :(

Last edited:
Something about the Note 2 I should mention. If you use it to watch Netflix with subtitles, I just discovered that the HDMI connection will carry the show to the TV, but not the subtitles. So much for bringing my Netflix to my friend's house. :(

what is kind of your size your Samsusng. I curious wha issues your problem Samsung. doesn't work your Samsung? I have Nextflix

which on subtitles. .. you connection wifi? with Netflix? that is right not sure :hmm:

what is kind of your size your Samsusng. I curious wha issues your problem Samsung. doesn't work your Samsung? I have Nextflix

which on subtitles. .. you connection wifi? with Netflix? that is right not sure :hmm:

The Note 2 has an optional cable that allow you to connect the phone to a TV. This cable would let me play my Netflix movies on my friend's TV.
The trouble is that Netflix wont output subtitles from the phone to the TV.
When the phone is connected to the TV, it mirrors everything from the phone's screen to the TV. I have no idea why it won't carry the subtitles this way. I was very disappointed. I really wanted to being my Netflix over, but it's pointless if the subtitles won't work this way.

The Note 2 has an optional cable that allow you to connect the phone to a TV. This cable would let me play my Netflix movies on my friend's TV.
The trouble is that Netflix wont output subtitles from the phone to the TV.
When the phone is connected to the TV, it mirrors everything from the phone's screen to the TV. I have no idea why it won't carry the subtitles this way. I was very disappointed. I really wanted to being my Netflix over, but it's pointless if the subtitles won't work this way.

it stranger I wonder,. it problem on issues. Nexflix struggle on subtitles phone to the Tv. have problem continue sorry hear you tried. hard for you rough! i wonder you..... stranger It is very problem on cable issues!

I have the new HTC One and it is fantastic for sound. When I get a phone call it is very smooth and clear but to get the best out of it you need to be in a less busy enviroment just like all phones.

I have the new HTC One and it is fantastic for sound. When I get a phone call it is very smooth and clear but to get the best out of it you need to be in a less busy enviroment just like all phones.

You must not be deaf then if you can hear phones... ;)
Most of us here need other features, such as email, text, online capabilities.

I have Nokia 6800, it's hard as brick. No matter how many time I drop, it won't break. Your Samsung Note II drop once or twice, it broke so easy.

Oh yeah, it can text and surf web with full QWERTY. Nothing fancy but brick is luxury to me.

I have Nokia 6800, it's hard as brick. No matter how many time I drop, it won't break. Your Samsung Note II drop once or twice, it broke so easy.

Oh yeah, it can text and surf web with full QWERTY. Nothing fancy but brick is luxury to me.

Well... don't DROP your phone!!! Phones aren't made to be dropped. ;)
I've dropped my phone one time in the past four years.
Yep, it was the Samsung Note 2 seven months ago... works just fine.

Back