Best Deaf Cell Phones? Samsung Galaxy Note II is one!

I went with a friend yesterday to assist with the communication with the help staff and he bought the Galaxy Note 3....it is pretty big but he always wears slacks so, as big as it is, he says it is comfy enough in his pants pocket.

Originally Posted by jack55 View Post
Won't happen in 2013,
Also won't go over the 6" size.
Rumors are just that until you see facts.

Hope you are wrong. It is what I hope to have, and it is predicted to be on the US market by September.

I have HTC Evo right now.
Like I said back in January, it wouldn't go pass 6". It's 5.7" ;)
I put my Note 2 next to it... could hardly see the size difference.
I will wait until Note 4 comes out before getting another phone.

Last edited:
Like I said back in January, it wouldn't go pass 6". It's 5.7" ;)
I put my Note 2 next to it... could hardly see the size difference.
I will wait until Note 4 comes out before getting another phone.

On Zite this morning, Nokia has some six inch model that looks great display and can have it for $200 with a two year contract through AT&T.

I went with a friend yesterday to assist with the communication with the help staff and he bought the Galaxy Note 3....it is pretty big but he always wears slacks so, as big as it is, he says it is comfy enough in his pants pocket.

I have an upgrade available and have been toying with the idea of the Galaxy Note. One thing I looooved about my droid was the flashing blue and green led lights, so I knew if I had a message or notification without actually touching my phone and whether or I wanted too lol. One thing I HAtE about the iPhone is when someone texts you what they sent just shows up on the screen for anyone to see if your phone is sitting around. Who thought that was a good idea? Dafaq?

I'd probably still have to shell out cash for it though so we'll see. And it iiiis big. I mostly wear jeans, that wouldn't fit in my pocket.

I have an upgrade available and have been toying with the idea of the Galaxy Note. One thing I looooved about my droid was the flashing blue and green led lights, so I knew if I had a message or notification without actually touching my phone and whether or I wanted too lol. One thing I HAtE about the iPhone is when someone texts you what they sent just shows up on the screen for anyone to see if your phone is sitting around. Who thought that was a good idea? Dafaq?

I'd probably still have to shell out cash for it though so we'll see. And it iiiis big. I mostly wear jeans, that wouldn't fit in my pocket.

My Samsung has the Blinking notification lights when I get a message. Vibrates, shows up on the screen just for a second, (not long enough to read it). So if your across the room, you'll see it, or on your night stand.

what's the verdict on samsung galaxy mega 6.3? and galaxy tab 3?

I just got a galaxy tab 3 on Sprint, it's awesome, fits in my pocket, I'm using it right now, but I think I might return it during my 14 day grace period because IT DOES NOT VIBRATE.
I don't make calls, and I don't want to pay the huge monthly costs of an unlimited calling plan. The sprint tablet plan is only $15 a month for 2 Gb of data, which is great because I can use Wi-Fi when I'm home.

I've been searching for a way to add vibration alerts but not having any luck. Another option is to go with a Wi-Fi hot spot ( anda different tablet), but I don't want to carry two devices.

I can't get past all these phones with a virtual keyboards. They're impossible to use...I wish there were phones that still had the physical keyboard for those that prefer it.

I can't get past all these phones with a virtual keyboards. They're impossible to use...I wish there were phones that still had the physical keyboard for those that prefer it.

I feel the same way and have turned to a mini bluetooth keyboard. I have not used it enough to really give a good review. But I did find it easy to pair with an Android phone on a AT&T MVNO. If you do get one, look for a review by a "Joseph Dewey" for the clearest instructions for the paring process. And if you still have questions feel free to ask here or via PM.

Here is a link to just one of the sellers I found on Amazon:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XF0ELO/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller="]Amazon.com: GSI Wireless Mini Bluetooth Keyboard For Apple iPad, iPad 2, Wifi/3G, PC, iMac, iPhone 4, PS3, PDA and Smart Mobile Phones: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

This is not the seller I bought from but it does have all the accessories that came with the "like new condition" used one I got.

Samsung note III has since released, did any one here get ahold of one?

Samsung note III has since released, did any one here get ahold of one?

I was going to get the Note III since I had the Note II, but the Samsung Galaxy S5 just came out and it blows away the Note III. I tried both, got the Samsung Galaxy S5 and it is fantastic.
Got everything a deaf person wants in a phone and then some.
Anyone else here has one?

I was picking between these
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Note III
Apple iPhone 5S
HTC One (M8)

No response 'eh? How about this?
What are YOU using now and why?
What is going to be your next phone?

Currently I have a new Samsung Galaxy S5.

an old Tmobile myTouch (HTC Sense).

I can't afford a new phone right now (maybe never...) but have been looking at others that would be great for deaf AND vision problems (bigger text etc)

I was going to get the Note III since I had the Note II, but the Samsung Galaxy S5 just came out and it blows away the Note III. I tried both, got the Samsung Galaxy S5 and it is fantastic.

Got everything a deaf person wants in a phone and then some.

Anyone else here has one?

I was picking between these

Samsung Galaxy S5

Samsung Note III

Apple iPhone 5S

HTC One (M8)

what is the difference between S5 & Note 3?

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Samsung Galaxy S5 has it own that does the same thing.
Settings/Safety Assistant
Emergency mode or Send Help Messages

Same phone also has:
Accessibility/Hearing
All kinds of settings

AND

Two more good ALERT apps for the deaf: (these you get off Samsung Apps)
Dynamic Notification & Light Flow apps and they work great together. Very customizable.

Boy, you get cranky when nobody replies to your posts. Ever thought nobody had anything to say or add? And you want the mods to wait on you hand and foot like your other post? Sigh. Good luck to you and your phone.

Boy, you get cranky when nobody replies to your posts. Ever thought nobody had anything to say or add? And you want the mods to wait on you hand and foot like your other post? Sigh. Good luck to you and your phone.
Sounds like your the sassy one :roll:

To each it's own about the phones... I have Note III and I never have a problem, it doesn't matter which phones are the best. People pick their phone what works the best for their needs.

There is so many phones to choose, and people pick what works best for them. I know some people are egoistic who brags that their phones are the best... good for them. I'm happy with what I have, if someone is happy with iPhone... good for them. I can make suggestions but the decision is entirely up to them to fit their budget and their needs.

Back